Symptoms of Illness
If your dog shows any of the following symptoms, it is important that you bring it the vet as soon as possible.
Symptoms of dog illness include
- Bleeding from the nose, mouth, rectum, genitalia.
- Not eating or eating much less than normal for more than 1 day.
- Drinking excessively.
- Pain when you touch or move the animal.
- Inability to urinate or defecate or showing signs of stress when attempting these activities.
- Basically a veterinarian should be contacted whenever your dog is not acting normally or its health is in question.
First Aid Kit For Dogs
Whenever there is a medical issue or emergency regarding your dog or any other pet, you should consult you veterinarian as soon as possible. However, there are certain instances where a pet owner can take the initiative (such as a topical wound or splinter in the paw). In these cases a first aid kit is an important thing to have on standby.
This kit can include:
- Antiseptic cream for pets
- Gauze pads
- Petroleum jelly
Whatever the incident or emergency, it is imperative that you call your veterinarian as soon as possible to confirm the proper course of action.