Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old September 11th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Question hello

Hello everyone i am new to the site and i have a question that maye someone can help me out with i have a 5 1/2 year old female english bulldog...3 days ago we noticed that her voice sounded funny kind of grmlin like....it has stayed that way and even gotten a little more weird..shes eating and drinking and playing normally...she just sounds like chewbaka even when she growls its differant..the only thing i can think of is she has been rumaging in our garden in the back and eating tomatos and there stocks which have hair like thing on them which im allergic to could this possibly be whats causeing it...we lookid in her throat the first day and nothing was lodged in there and its didnt look red from what i seen?????please any ideas???
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:47 PM
NOT a senior member

Well you really didn't get many replies to your question, so I will bump this post up with one. Any change in your dogs way of going probably constitutes a trip to the vet for an examination. There may be something back there in her throat that you cannot see yourself, and especially if she has been rummaging around where she shouldn't be, it should be checked out. Welcome to the board by the way, and we always welcome pictures here of your four legged children..hint hint.

My loyal menagerie... (all neutered, spayed, and gelded...and YOU aren't safe either!)

Ruben (Bullmastiff)
Emmy (Miniature Pinscher)
Petie (Miniature Pinscher)
Shadow (Miniature Pinscher)
Zoe (APBT)
Tito (Paint Gelding)
Francesca (Miniature Horse Filly)
Vincenzo (APHA gelding)

Lots of fishies......
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpledomino View Post
Well you really didn't get many replies to your question, so I will bump this post up with one. Any change in your dogs way of going probably constitutes a trip to the vet for an examination. There may be something back there in her throat that you cannot see yourself, and especially if she has been rummaging around where she shouldn't be, it should be checked out. Welcome to the board by the way, and we always welcome pictures here of your four legged children..hint hint.
You are right Purpledomino

Firstly, how neglectful that you have not been welcomed (except by Purpledomino)! So welcome.

Secondly, you probably did not get a reply because this is definately something that I have yet heard of and probably no one else here for that matter. Considering this, Purpledomino is absolutely on the money by saying to take the dog to the vet. It is just not normal that this has happened.

Please give us an update. I personally would be interested to know what is causing this.
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
You are right Purpledomino

Firstly, how neglectful that you have not been welcomed (except by Purpledomino)! So welcome.

Secondly, you probably did not get a reply because this is definately something that I have yet heard of and probably no one else here for that matter. Considering this, Purpledomino is absolutely on the money by saying to take the dog to the vet. It is just not normal that this has happened.

Please give us an update. I personally would be interested to know what is causing this.
Well...I am still trying to navigate the board since I was here last, it has changed alot.
I know, no excuse.

Welcome aboard!...So you have a Gargoyle? I mean an English Bull...*they look like Gargoyles to me*
Since Gargoyles voices are weird from the start, I agree with what was recommended by the others. Only you would know if it sounded "weirder". Does that make sense?

It does to me but that doesn't mean anything.