Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   A long time coming.... The Chez Hilton Catuary (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=59044)

14+kitties December 14th, 2008 06:41 PM

A long time coming.... The Chez Hilton Catuary

3 Attachment(s)
The new house before it got moved over. I took a couple when it got moved but hubby was in them. He has told me if I post them I am in biggggg kaakaa. Seeing as I don't like kaakaa I am not posting them. :o
Second picture shows the back section with the crates. When all the crates are in there they will line the back wall. If I have a newbie or sickie who doesn't need separated from the rest I can put the kitty right in one of the crates. You can also see the lofts at the top on both sides. One is lined with a fur coat that has been cut up. The other side has a blankie.
Last one shows the tube that goes from one loft to the other for them to play in and hide in or for a shortcut to the other loft.

14+kitties December 14th, 2008 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yikes! I didn't know that first picture was that big!!!! :eek:
These ones just show the shelves for resting, playing, whatever. Big change from the last one!!

Winston December 14th, 2008 06:51 PM

OMG 14+ that is sooo awesome! Big Kudos to your Hubby!! I love it!

Now is that going in where the old one was in the fenced area? Are you keeping both?

I have a question? what do you put on the shelves? fabric material or do you just leave it? All you need now are some kittie curtains...

Will you just move them all in at once?

14+ maybe you could make a couple of those little houses with the hamper and styrofaom for some of them to sleep or play in? they make like that on a cold night!

14+kitties December 14th, 2008 06:59 PM

I knew you would answer Winston. You saw the other one the poor kitties used. This one is twice that size! It already is in the same area as the other. Next we have to redo the fence with wooden posts and a proper top on it.
I put the shelves up! :thumbs up And did the carpeted walls and tube and put the floor down at the back. Hubby did do a fantastic job of the rest though. :cloud9: The old shed is getting a major redo next year but for now I am moving Kitty McCat to it and storing some hard food in it. Kitty has been in the crate for too long. This will give him some room to play.

The shelves have blankets on them (Thank you Chris and Chico! :thumbs up) I was going to put carpet on them but I did that in the last one and when it is muddy outside they tend to get really dirty. This way I can just take the blankets and wash them. No kittie curtains. They will just rip them down. :rolleyes:

I put half of them in this morning before I went to work. They were pretty freaked by the move. I will move the rest in the morning. I have the day off tomorrow so can spend some time with them in there.

clm December 14th, 2008 07:18 PM

It's wonderful 14+. Can't wait to see pics of all the kitties in their new house. Your hubby and you have done a great job there.

Cindy

Frenchy December 14th, 2008 07:32 PM

Holy crap , never mind the kitties , I wanna move in !!!

when you were talking about it , I thought it was like a big dog house :laughing: The Chez Hilton Catuary is NOT a big dog house at all !!! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack December 14th, 2008 08:27 PM

Luxury cathouse! :cloud9: How cool! Can't wait to see them all in their new digs. :cloud9: :cat: :cloud9: Kitty McCat will enjoy his newfound freedom, too! :thumbs up

I'm so glad you got it moved before winter set in!

Diamondsmum December 14th, 2008 08:43 PM

Ohhhhh WOW! looks like a awesome Ice fishing Hut:p But definately chez kitty Hilton.

I absolutely love it.

Your guys did a great job & I am with frenchy I will move in too :laughing:

14+kitties December 14th, 2008 09:35 PM

Thanks [B]clm[/B]! Hubby worked really hard on this one. It is insulated and very very sturdy!

[B]Frenchy[/B] - Definitely not a big dog house!! A heck of a lot harder to move than that. We have some major landscaping to do in the spring. Lots of ruts put in the ground from all the machinery! :eek:

[B]hazel[/B]- Got over the :frustrated: ;) KCK will like having more room I agree. Hope to get the rest of the kitties and then him moved tomorrow. :fingerscr

[B]Diamondsmum [/B]- It's about twice the size of the fishing huts I've seen. They would be more the size of the old cat house.
Thanks gals for the comments. Hubby appreciates the acknowledgement of his hard work. :D

krdahmer December 15th, 2008 08:52 AM

Oh it looks awesome all finished!!! :thumbs up:highfive: And I'm sure kitty will like to have a bit of room to stretch...

ancientgirl December 15th, 2008 09:01 AM

That's pretty amazing. I love the carpet on the walls! That's so great that you can have a nice little house for your gang. I can't wait to see a picture of all of them inside.

Love4himies December 15th, 2008 09:10 AM

Wow, hubby and you did a fantastic job :thumbs up!

You know the word is gonna get on the street that this is the "place to be". :laughing:

Brandykins December 15th, 2008 11:21 AM

Fantastic, 14+Kitties, bet the kitties won't want to come out!! Terrific. Your hubby really did a brilliant job there!! Can I move in:)

Well done:)

14+kitties December 15th, 2008 11:37 AM

kr - I am waiting till tomorrow to move KCK over. I am washing the blankets from the little shed now so he has clean ones to start over. I will also move his little styrofoam bed over too so he has something familiar.

ancient - I am hoping to get pictures tomorrow. I want to give them today to settle. I just got them all moved over today. A couple were NOT happy to say the least. Poor Spazzy was still voicing his displeasure when I left. :rolleyes:

L4H - Too late. The word's out!

Brandykins - Thanks. If you don't mind sharing with 15 or more kitties com'mon over!! Oh yeah, and Frenchy and DM. Mmmm, gonna need a bigger house. :)

BenMax December 15th, 2008 12:18 PM

Ok I've packed my bags and got a one way ticket.. sooooooo where do you live again?

14+kitties December 15th, 2008 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;713268]Ok I've packed my bags and got a one way ticket.. sooooooo where do you live again?[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh: If any more of you guys move in my kitties will need another new home!! Can't afford that right now!
But if you don't mind a slightly used, smelly (from my sprayers) smaller cathouse you can share with KMCK! :p I gotta give it a good cleaning with Nature's Miracle.

want4rain December 15th, 2008 03:35 PM

oh heck.... ill do [I]chores[/I] if you let ME move in!!! thats so cool!!

-ash

14+kitties December 15th, 2008 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=want4rain;713376]oh heck.... ill do [I]chores[/I] if you let ME move in!!! thats so cool!!

-ash[/QUOTE]

:o Why thank you w4r! But, do your babies (new and old) get to come with you? :pray:

chico2 December 15th, 2008 05:38 PM

Oh 14+,that is just amazing,give hubby a BIG hug from us,:grouphug:
Can't wait to see more pics,you are keeping the old house too,right???
In case more kittes will show up in the snow:cat:

14+kitties December 15th, 2008 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;713421]Oh 14+,that is just amazing,give hubby a BIG hug from us,:grouphug:
Can't wait to see more pics,you are keeping the old house too,right???
In case more kittes will show up in the snow:cat:[/QUOTE]

Consider him hugged!
I did post a couple of pics of the kitties enjoying their new space today. That long tube seems to be popular. They had tons of fun running through it.
And yes, the other shed will stay. Kitty McCat is going into it tomorrow. I will find a spot if any new ones show up. Please pray the winter is quiet.

ancientgirl December 15th, 2008 08:28 PM

I hope you don't get a harsh winter. At the very least they are protected from the snow and wind, so that's a huge help for them right there.:D

14+kitties December 15th, 2008 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;713491]I hope you don't get a harsh winter. At the very least they are protected from the snow and wind, so that's a huge help for them right there.:D[/QUOTE]

We had a really bad winter last year. A lot more snow than usual for this area. The kitties were pretty snug in their little home. This one is better insulated and better built than the other one. There are also lots more cuddle spots. Those little lofts will hold quite a few of them. I think they will be just fine in there. :thumbs up
I talked to hubby tonight about extending the lofts to make them larger on both sides. More play/sleeping spots. :D It would only cost the price of one more sheet of 5/8ths plywood. About 25 bucks. Everything else is already in place.

Frenchy December 15th, 2008 10:08 PM

So now I'll have to share the catuary with 3 other humans ? I wouldn't have mind the cats but the others ..... :cool:

:laughing:

want4rain December 16th, 2008 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;713381]:o Why thank you w4r! But, do your babies (new and old) get to come with you? :pray:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Frenchy;713568]So now I'll have to share the catuary with 3 other humans ? I wouldn't have mind the cats but the others ..... :cool:

:laughing:[/QUOTE]

add 3 more to that!! although the kids dont really do CHORES... they ARE big helpers. :thumbs up

-ash

mona_b December 16th, 2008 07:37 PM

Holy Crap. Can you say "spoiled".....LOL...:p

That looks AMAZING....:thumbs up

You are an :angel:..Those beautiful babies are lucky to have you....:grouphug:

14+kitties December 16th, 2008 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=want4rain;713823]add 3 more to that!! although the kids dont really do CHORES... they ARE big helpers. :thumbs up
-ash[/QUOTE]

I'll have to get hubby to build a few more lofts on to the house I think! The more the merrier!! And your little one is sooo cute with all those curls! :cloud9:

[QUOTE=mona_b;714061]Holy Crap. Can you say "spoiled".....LOL...:p

That looks AMAZING....:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ms. Mona! Hubby really did do a great job on it! And I loved doing all the carpeting and tubes for them. Hoping to do a few more for some more play/hiding spots. Spoiled? Yep, maybe. :rolleyes: They deserve it!

growler~GateKeeper December 17th, 2008 01:01 AM

You & hubby did a fantastic job on the new house :thumbs up looks fabulous :highfive:

Tundra_Queen January 2nd, 2009 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;712965]
Last one shows the tube that goes from one loft to the other for them to play in and hide in or for a shortcut to the other loft.[/QUOTE]

That is amazing!! What a great job hubs and you did!! Fantastic!!

What kind of tubes did u use?

Debbie

14+kitties January 2nd, 2009 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;724004]That is amazing!! What a great job hubs and you did!! Fantastic!!

What kind of tubes did u use?

Debbie[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tundra.
The tubes are the ones that are used for forming cement in construction. They are sold at Home Depots, Lowes, Ronas, whatever you have up there. And they are cheap. It's pretty easy to glue an old remnant of carpet to it. They have had hours of fun with it. I noticed the other day the little :evil:s are ripping the inside a bit though so I may have to get another one. But not for a while.

rainbow January 10th, 2009 04:17 AM

I just found this thread now. :o

You and hubby make an excellent team with his building skills and your decorating talent. :thumbs up

What a great little kitty palace. :cloud9: