Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old December 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

A long time coming.... The Chez Hilton Catuary

The new house before it got moved over. I took a couple when it got moved but hubby was in them. He has told me if I post them I am in biggggg kaakaa. Seeing as I don't like kaakaa I am not posting them.
Second picture shows the back section with the crates. When all the crates are in there they will line the back wall. If I have a newbie or sickie who doesn't need separated from the rest I can put the kitty right in one of the crates. You can also see the lofts at the top on both sides. One is lined with a fur coat that has been cut up. The other side has a blankie.
Last one shows the tube that goes from one loft to the other for them to play in and hide in or for a shortcut to the other loft.
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; December 14th, 2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:46 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Yikes! I didn't know that first picture was that big!!!!
These ones just show the shelves for resting, playing, whatever. Big change from the last one!!
Attached Images

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

OMG 14+ that is sooo awesome! Big Kudos to your Hubby!! I love it!

Now is that going in where the old one was in the fenced area? Are you keeping both?

I have a question? what do you put on the shelves? fabric material or do you just leave it? All you need now are some kittie curtains...

Will you just move them all in at once?

14+ maybe you could make a couple of those little houses with the hamper and styrofaom for some of them to sleep or play in? they make like that on a cold night!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown

Last edited by Winston; December 14th, 2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
150% PRO S/N

I knew you would answer Winston. You saw the other one the poor kitties used. This one is twice that size! It already is in the same area as the other. Next we have to redo the fence with wooden posts and a proper top on it.
I put the shelves up! And did the carpeted walls and tube and put the floor down at the back. Hubby did do a fantastic job of the rest though. The old shed is getting a major redo next year but for now I am moving Kitty McCat to it and storing some hard food in it. Kitty has been in the crate for too long. This will give him some room to play.

The shelves have blankets on them (Thank you Chris and Chico! ) I was going to put carpet on them but I did that in the last one and when it is muddy outside they tend to get really dirty. This way I can just take the blankets and wash them. No kittie curtains. They will just rip them down.

I put half of them in this morning before I went to work. They were pretty freaked by the move. I will move the rest in the morning. I have the day off tomorrow so can spend some time with them in there.

Old December 14th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

It's wonderful 14+. Can't wait to see pics of all the kitties in their new house. Your hubby and you have done a great job there.

Cindy
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:32 PM
-

Holy crap , never mind the kitties , I wanna move in !!!

when you were talking about it , I thought it was like a big dog house The Chez Hilton Catuary is NOT a big dog house at all !!!
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:27 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Luxury cathouse! How cool! Can't wait to see them all in their new digs. Kitty McCat will enjoy his newfound freedom, too!

I'm so glad you got it moved before winter set in!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Ohhhhh WOW! looks like a awesome Ice fishing Hut But definately chez kitty Hilton.

I absolutely love it.

Your guys did a great job & I am with frenchy I will move in too
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks clm! Hubby worked really hard on this one. It is insulated and very very sturdy!

Frenchy - Definitely not a big dog house!! A heck of a lot harder to move than that. We have some major landscaping to do in the spring. Lots of ruts put in the ground from all the machinery!

hazel- Got over the KCK will like having more room I agree. Hope to get the rest of the kitties and then him moved tomorrow.

Diamondsmum - It's about twice the size of the fishing huts I've seen. They would be more the size of the old cat house.
Thanks gals for the comments. Hubby appreciates the acknowledgement of his hard work.

Last edited by 14+kitties; December 14th, 2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM
~Cat Servent~

Oh it looks awesome all finished!!! And I'm sure kitty will like to have a bit of room to stretch...

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M

Last edited by krdahmer; December 15th, 2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Senior Contributor

That's pretty amazing. I love the carpet on the walls! That's so great that you can have a nice little house for your gang. I can't wait to see a picture of all of them inside.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Wow, hubby and you did a fantastic job !

You know the word is gonna get on the street that this is the "place to be".

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
Fantastic, 14+Kitties, bet the kitties won't want to come out!! Terrific. Your hubby really did a brilliant job there!! Can I move in

Well done
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
150% PRO S/N

kr - I am waiting till tomorrow to move KCK over. I am washing the blankets from the little shed now so he has clean ones to start over. I will also move his little styrofoam bed over too so he has something familiar.

ancient - I am hoping to get pictures tomorrow. I want to give them today to settle. I just got them all moved over today. A couple were NOT happy to say the least. Poor Spazzy was still voicing his displeasure when I left.

L4H - Too late. The word's out!

Brandykins - Thanks. If you don't mind sharing with 15 or more kitties com'mon over!! Oh yeah, and Frenchy and DM. Mmmm, gonna need a bigger house.

Last edited by 14+kitties; December 15th, 2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Ok I've packed my bags and got a one way ticket.. sooooooo where do you live again?
Old December 15th, 2008, 02:47 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Ok I've packed my bags and got a one way ticket.. sooooooo where do you live again?
If any more of you guys move in my kitties will need another new home!! Can't afford that right now!
But if you don't mind a slightly used, smelly (from my sprayers) smaller cathouse you can share with KMCK! I gotta give it a good cleaning with Nature's Miracle.

Old December 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Swift Tribe

oh heck.... ill do chores if you let ME move in!!! thats so cool!!

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old December 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by want4rain View Post
oh heck.... ill do chores if you let ME move in!!! thats so cool!!

-ash
Why thank you w4r! But, do your babies (new and old) get to come with you?

Old December 15th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh 14+,that is just amazing,give hubby a BIG hug from us,
Can't wait to see more pics,you are keeping the old house too,right???
In case more kittes will show up in the snow
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Oh 14+,that is just amazing,give hubby a BIG hug from us,
Can't wait to see more pics,you are keeping the old house too,right???
In case more kittes will show up in the snow
Consider him hugged!
I did post a couple of pics of the kitties enjoying their new space today. That long tube seems to be popular. They had tons of fun running through it.
And yes, the other shed will stay. Kitty McCat is going into it tomorrow. I will find a spot if any new ones show up. Please pray the winter is quiet.

Old December 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope you don't get a harsh winter. At the very least they are protected from the snow and wind, so that's a huge help for them right there.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
I hope you don't get a harsh winter. At the very least they are protected from the snow and wind, so that's a huge help for them right there.
We had a really bad winter last year. A lot more snow than usual for this area. The kitties were pretty snug in their little home. This one is better insulated and better built than the other one. There are also lots more cuddle spots. Those little lofts will hold quite a few of them. I think they will be just fine in there.
I talked to hubby tonight about extending the lofts to make them larger on both sides. More play/sleeping spots. It would only cost the price of one more sheet of 5/8ths plywood. About 25 bucks. Everything else is already in place.

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM
-

So now I'll have to share the catuary with 3 other humans ? I wouldn't have mind the cats but the others .....

Old December 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Why thank you w4r! But, do your babies (new and old) get to come with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
So now I'll have to share the catuary with 3 other humans ? I wouldn't have mind the cats but the others .....

add 3 more to that!! although the kids dont really do CHORES... they ARE big helpers.

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Holy Crap. Can you say "spoiled".....LOL...

That looks AMAZING....

You are an ..Those beautiful babies are lucky to have you....
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by want4rain View Post
add 3 more to that!! although the kids dont really do CHORES... they ARE big helpers.
-ash
I'll have to get hubby to build a few more lofts on to the house I think! The more the merrier!! And your little one is sooo cute with all those curls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b View Post
Holy Crap. Can you say "spoiled".....LOL...

That looks AMAZING....
Thanks Ms. Mona! Hubby really did do a great job on it! And I loved doing all the carpeting and tubes for them. Hoping to do a few more for some more play/hiding spots. Spoiled? Yep, maybe. They deserve it!

Old December 17th, 2008, 01:01 AM

You & hubby did a fantastic job on the new house looks fabulous

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Last one shows the tube that goes from one loft to the other for them to play in and hide in or for a shortcut to the other loft.
That is amazing!! What a great job hubs and you did!! Fantastic!!

What kind of tubes did u use?

Debbie

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
That is amazing!! What a great job hubs and you did!! Fantastic!!

What kind of tubes did u use?

Debbie
Thanks Tundra.
The tubes are the ones that are used for forming cement in construction. They are sold at Home Depots, Lowes, Ronas, whatever you have up there. And they are cheap. It's pretty easy to glue an old remnant of carpet to it. They have had hours of fun with it. I noticed the other day the little s are ripping the inside a bit though so I may have to get another one. But not for a while.

Old January 10th, 2009, 04:17 AM
-

I just found this thread now.

You and hubby make an excellent team with his building skills and your decorating talent.

What a great little kitty palace.