Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog has 2 probs:eye infection and bumps

flanders
March 19th, 2003, 01:49 AM
My dog is a 12 years old field spaniel. The problem with her eye started with what seemed like a stye or an infection of the membrane in between the eye ball and the lid, the area closest to the corner of the inside of her eye. I have been using teramycin for a week, but everytime she gets wind in her eye it becomes inflamed and red. She has never had an eye infection before or any type of illness. Should I continue putting in the medication and cover her eye with a patch or could you recommend something else or another type of medication? The only thing she has is seasonal allergies.

I was also wondering what these bumps on my dog were. I was also wondering what those bumps on my dog were too. She has smaller than pea size fatty bumps (tumors)? She seems to be in pretty good health otherwise but I was just wondering if anyone knows the cause of these or what they actually are? Is it possible it could be a lack of exercise? I was told by someone that they were fatty tumors and it was recommended that I put her on a natural cleanse. I put her on the cleanse only they seem to be reappearing. I guess i'll try another.