Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

doglover

bill patterson
December 29th, 2004, 10:54 AM
i am new to this site but i am interested in adopting a neopolitain mastiff
if anyone can help please reply to this ad with a web site address or a phone number :crazy:

it seems that everybody wants one these days :ca: :thumbs up

Bugsy
December 29th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Hi Bill,

May I ask why you have chosen a Neapolitan Mastiff?

DogueLover
December 29th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the board.

I am just curious as to why you want a Neo?
They certainly are gorgeous dogs and you are right that it seems everyone wants one.......... just wondering where your interest came from?

I have a Dogue de Bordeaux, waited almost 24 years to get her, and paid a LOT of money for her when I finally did find her. Took a lot of time researching the breed as well ( lots of reading done in the time it took to find her).
There are a few rescues around, just wondering if you have done a lot of research on this breed as they are not for everyone.

Good luck in your search.

This is my baby.................

bill patterson
December 30th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Hi Bill,

May I ask why you have chosen a Neapolitan Mastiff?

i selected the neo mastiff because i have heard great things about them especially their character

bill patterson
December 30th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the board.

I am just curious as to why you want a Neo?
They certainly are gorgeous dogs and you are right that it seems everyone wants one.......... just wondering where your interest came from?

I have a Dogue de Bordeaux, waited almost 24 years to get her, and paid a LOT of money for her when I finally did find her. Took a lot of time researching the breed as well ( lots of reading done in the time it took to find her).
There are a few rescues around, just wondering if you have done a lot of research on this breed as they are not for everyone.

Good luck in your search.

This is my baby.................
she certainly is a watch dog she looks like all she does is sit and watch ha ha

DogueLover
December 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I don`t know how to put this so I don`t sound rude............. it is so hard to express your thoughts on the computer but here goes nothing...........

I would suggest you do more research on Neos and Mastiffs in general if your interest in them is basically because of heresay............ they take a certain type of person to be their owner and they are not a dog for just anyone..............

Please don`t get a Neo or any mastiff without doing the research you need to do in order to be more educated on the needs of the breed and everything else that there is to know about them. They are great dogs but need certain things in their owners, I would hate to see you find that a Neo is not for you After you have gone out and gotten one.

Just some food for thought.................

You can check with Bugsy, she also has a Mastiff and can tell you more regarding Neos as I believe she has more experience with them.