- Dog Breed Group
- Non Sporting Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- Life Expectancy
- 8-15 Years
- All white, pied, or up to 90% color; brindle or red patches (red is defined as any shade of tan, brown or red)
- The coat is short, close, and stiff to the touch.
- The essential characteristics of the American Bulldog are those which enable it to work as a hog and cattle catching dog, and a
- Good with Children
- the American Bulldog is known for it's Love for children. The American Bulldog is excellent with other pets, especially when rai
- Grooming Needs
- Brush coat with a firm bristle brush or rubber mitt and bathe only when necessary.
- Average Size - Male (in)
- Average Size - Female (in)
- Health Issues
- A very healthy, hardy dog. Some strains have hip dysplasia.v
- Living Conditions
- Indoor or outdoor
This intelligent breed is a descendant of bulldogs that came from England to the U.S. in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. This breed varies in height and comes in white, or white with tan or brindle markings. Weights vary from 65 - 115 pounds for both genders. This bulldog breed is a great dog for property and personal protection and is helpful in helping control farm animals.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at email@example.com.