- Dog Breed Group
- Hound Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- Egypt, hunting dog and family pet.
- Life Expectancy
- 10 - 12 Years
- Solid white, chestnut or lion, or any combination of these.
- Smooth or rough; always hard, close and dense.
- Exercise Needs
- Should consist of frequent long walks on a leash.
- The ibizan is alert and adaptable. The Ibizan is a even tempered breed who is not given to great burst of affection, but are qui
- Good with Children
- Good with children. True to a hound nature he needs to learn to respect small animals and cats.
- Grooming Needs
- Minimal grooming is necessary. A light brushing, good massage or rub down with a damp soft cloth is all that is needed for coat
- Average Size - Male (in)
- 23.5 - 27.5
- Average Size - Female (in)
- 22.5 - 26
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
- Health Issues
- Sensitive to insecticides, false pregnancies are common.v
- Living Conditions
- Apartment or house will do if he receives daily exercise.
The Ibizan Hound has clean-cut lines, large pricked ears and light pigment. Used primarily as a hunting dog whose quarry is rabbits he can hunt by sound as well as sight. Egyptologists have identify the Ibizan as the dog depicted on artifacts that have been discovered in the tombs of the Pharaohs. The Ibizan and Pharaoh Hound are believed to be the same breed. It is said that the Ibizan was brought from Egypt to Ibiza by the Phoenician traders.
His origins trace back to the time of the Pharaohs in 3400 B.C. when he was used a a hunting dog.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at email@example.com.