Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 1st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Dead kitten in driveway

So i am driving down the side street where i live,and i see two dogs [mutts] looks like they are eating on something,well it was a dead kitten in the driveway,i stop my car in the middle of the road[not knowing i could get attacked by these two dogs]thinking maybe kitten is alive,it;s eyes are still open,one dog goes across the street the other goes in the backyard of this driveway,well kitten is dead,i have nothing to pick it up with,i am pissed that is is there like that,i knock on door no one answers..So i push it to the side where there is grass,i leave,well i come back later it is still there and the car is gone,so that means these pieces os crap that live there,just left in there.My point is PEOPLE SUCK//////////////////////
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

You should get a shovel and put the kitten on their front door.

Poor little kitty. Question is whether those dogs killed it or it was already dead
Old November 1st, 2004, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypit
You should get a shovel and put the kitten on their front door.
And if a little kid opens the door, or races to the front door before a parent? Who wants to traumatize a little innocent kid like that?
Old November 1st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Kitty Mum

I think that if there is a kid there it has most likely seen the dead kitten by now. Also, someone has already left the house....if they saw that dead cat and they have children they should have picked it up and buried it. The question is did they see it? I would tend to think "How could they not have?", but that is me. This makes me so mad if they knew it was there and just left it.

I feel so sad for the little kitty
Old November 1st, 2004, 06:10 PM
Senior Contributor

They HAD to have seen it form where there car was parked then gone,then car was back,it was dead center in driveway,and when i pulled up the dogs were sniffing it or something i did not see where the wounds were....Well when i wne to door i was gonna say hey you know you have a dead kitten just laying there.........
Old November 1st, 2004, 07:16 PM

Poor Kitty.
Old November 1st, 2004, 11:46 PM

Omg don't people see things laying on the ground. Poor Kitty. :sad:
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Contributor

They would have to be blind it was right in there driveway///// I was gonna knock on door last night,but i dont know what kind of people live there so i let it go........
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:55 AM

I still think it would be a bit harsh to force a 2 or 3 year old (if there are any children there) to see that if they should happen to look outside. The adults who live there definately deserve to be slapped with a 2by4, but young children are innocents.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:22 AM
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't of put kitten at doorstep,i am curious if the dogs killed it,which i think they probably did,they didnt growl at me when i got out of my car that day,thank god...........kitten didnt look like it got hit by car........
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributor

jees louise I was just joking.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:29 AM

The dogs most likely did kill the poor kitten. If it was a little kitten it was probably ferel. You may find more kittens, alive or dead, around if those dogs are locally owned.
If the dogs aren't from the area, it may be they brought it with them while running. Dogs have a strange habit of playing with their food if they're not starving. They may have just stopped at that driveway when you saw them.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypit
jees louise I was just joking.
You may have been joking, but there are people who browse these forums who might think it's a good idea. I'm just trying to deter is all.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:44 AM
Senior Contributor

The black dog went into the backyard of the house so i think he lives there the other went across the street and just sat there and stared at me............Iknow you were joking...........
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:53 AM

From what I've seen of your posts, I'd say you were joking too. But, I've seen people do something like that once. The effects were truamatizing, both to me at having seen it done (I was quite young) and to the children living at the home where the animal was "placed".

Trolls browsing the boards might think it would be good for a chuckle. I'm not upset with you or anything. It just brought back images I thought I had forgotten about is all.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:38 PM
Kitty Mum

Is the kitten still there? I was just wondering how long it took for the people who live there to move it. If it is still there I would go to the door.

I was thinking about it and I hope that this poor little kitty did not get killed on Halloween by an individual or group. The things that I have heard in the past few days on the topic of cats and halloween have been pretty frightening!
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:41 PM
Senior Contributor

This was Sunday morning,no it is not there now,i drive that road all the time it is by my house,i could not see any visible signs of how it died,i didnt want to stand there to long i did not know what the dogs would do.....
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:57 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Do you know for sure if it was their kitten?
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributor

No i dont,i know the black dog went into there backyard a minute after i got out of car the other dog went across the street and just stared at me,didnt growl or anyhing,then the black dog came back out and i figured it was time for me to go.........
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:03 PM

if it is your neighborhood, I would call animal control to notify them of the loose dogs. That can be real dangerous for other animals and people in the area. They also have the chance of being hit by a car as well. And like someone else had posted that there might be kittens around and they may need help too.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Kitty Mum

Yeah, with the dogs just hanging around like that it is good that you did not take your chances. I am glad to hear it is not there now. I am guessing that the kitten must not have been his/hers for the reason that they just left it there until later to remove. Although, it is reason to wonder with all the horrible things that I hear these days. Poor kitty.....

Have you seen any other kittens around your street that this little guy/gal could have strayed from? Like GSD mentioned earlier, it could be from a group of feral kittens. You may want to keep your eyes open for this just in case (if you haven't already).
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah you are right,could i still do it now??I have not seen the dogs out so far this week????
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
Kitty Mum

I am sure you could put in a complaint about the other day. At least they would have your comment on file if anyone else called in. Do you know what house they belong to? That might help in your complaint as well - they may go and talk to the people at these houses.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM
Senior Contributor

I dont know about the tan one,but the black one went into the house where the kitten was laying in the driveway.....The tan one must live somewhere across the street cause that is where he ran to when i got out of car..I live on the border of being a good neigborhood to not so good....
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:22 PM
Kitty Mum

I completely understand your neighborhood - by the sounds of it I live in pretty much the same housing situation. I am borderline good and bad as well. You see the things that are great neighborly qualities and the not so great.

I would call them in and see what they say. Ask the person you talk to whether or not they would like to know the houses these dogs are in right now. If this is the first complaint they may just put a note on file. When it happens the second time this is when they may collect the information as to where these dogs are permanently located so they can talk to the owners. That is usually the situation. At least, for now, if they want the owner location information in the first phone call you can give them the information that you have. Usually if they ask for this in the first phone call though it means there has been at least one other complaint.

I would ask them if they want the ownership location first before going into too much detail. If you give them more than they need it would be a waste of your time and their's as they will only record what is necessary for the first call.

I had a friend complain about a dog once a few years ago.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:27 PM
Senior Contributor

I will try that,yeah the neighborhood if you go 3 blocks one way you are at The Ritz Carlton,you go the other way you are in the ghetto.....
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:36 PM
Kitty Mum

I cannot really compare the bad area where I am from in Canada to a ghetto in the States....big difference. We have bad areas but not ghettos (soon enough though). My location is kind of funny though. My house is a middle point. To the right you have all the nice houses for quite sometime (all 2-3 ft apart) and it goes down into parkland, quaint little shoppes, etc.... To the left you have the area that dissolves into low income housing and areas of petty thugs and petty drug dealers (here and there), run down little shoppes, bar on every corner and a little park. My apartment is both these worlds combined Kindy of nice but dumpy on the outside. Really great inside.... The nice thing is, it looks like low income on the outside so it is not target for break-ins, etc...

I think it is a good idea that you are putting in a complaint. They will just get a warning if this is the second complaint. If it is the first one, as said earlier, it will be noted and they will be talked to if a second complaint is ever put in. Hopefully, it was a one time thing and they just somehow got out of their backyards or broke off leash.

Have you seen them in the last couple of days?
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Well maybe ghetto is harsh, no one is smoking crack on the corner.. :eek No i ahve not seen the dogs and the kitten is gone..
Old November 2nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I kept the security dog sign im my window,cant hurt,although everyone knows he is gone cause we were always outside together when i was home..
Old November 4th, 2004, 03:40 AM

Heidiho- Do you mean those "Beware of Dog" or "Dog on premises" signs? If not ignore the rest.....
Leaving/Having a "Dog" sign at a property where there is no dog, can be dangerous to your health!! As a Paramedic, I have often sat outside a person's home waiting for police (and sometimes animal control) to show up before I can enter a home due to the signs ppl post..... later finding out there is/ was never a dog to begin with. Most EMS policies are not to enter a home with a "Beware of Dog" sign or "Dog on Premises" sign without Police or Animal control as back up. There have been in the past too many incidents of Medics going into homes with animals not being very friendly, for us to risk going into a home with signs warning of dogs. (Even when you don't hear any, we had one call with a sign warning "Barkless Attack Dogs on Premises". And we have heard that some "thugs" are starting to keep barkless attack/guard dogs...)
I understand the idea/concept of causing pause to a potential criminal, but at the same time, you have to balance that with the risk of maybe not getting help (godforbid, should you need it) as quickly.
Just my 2 cents, having been the one feeling helpless at not being able to help quickly enough