Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old June 29th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Lots of good vibes coming your way from me too
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:15 PM
Senior Contributor

I am dyng i think,i thought it was the medication i am taking so i skipped it this morning,and it is nott that,i can barely stay awake,i am dozing off at work.I have not, well this is pretty personal, but have not done anything in the bathroom in about 5 days.I had to leave work yesterday,cant today and it is taking everything i have to keep my eyes open,i dont know what is going on,but i am really worried,i called today to see her,had follow up appt thursday but there has got to be something really wrong and i am worried, my stomach is in agony and i am closing my eyes even as i write this,god help me get through today..
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Heidi,I would go to the ER ,it certainly sounds scary,never mind a doctors-appointment on thursday,you cannot wait that long.
Not going to the bathroom for 5 days can cause a lot of problems,just like with our animals.
Please go to the hospital!!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Senior Contributor

I am seeing her today at 4:00 ,there is no way i can leave work i already called him from home today and asked for day off,but he is not in so i HAVE to be here or i will probably get fired if i leave.I have messed up my insides so much,i cant even guess as to why i am like a narcoleptic the last few days or why i cant go,which is worse,i look and feel 6 months pregnant.Cant be the medicine,i just now took my morinng dose,and i dont think these are withdrawl symptons,GOD if i could just hit the bathroom i could deal little better,i dont know if there are any other women out there that has ever had that problem(common in alot of women)but it is a HORRENDOUS feeling,i am hungry but just cant put anything else in my stomach.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:45 PM
-

Good luck at the doctors today.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Heidi I feel your pain. I've had that problem and I felt as though I didn't want to eat because I didn't want to put anything more in until something came out. It just makes you feel bloated and gross. I bought a tea at the health food store that's supposed to help naturally. My daughter and I have both used it and we found that one cup does nothing and two cups will keep you near the bathroom for half the day. No middle ground. So I only use it as a last resort. Ground flax seeds are supposed to help. You can sprinkle them on cereal or bake them in muffins, but you have to be sure to grind them up first.

Try tons of water, warm water with lemon, and lots of walking.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Senior Contributor

You said it "I FEEL GROSS",it is horrible,hungry but more food in there is gonna send me over the edge i swear,but i am also hungry,aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!! I really never thought in a million years withdrawl from pills would be this bad,it feels like someone is just ripping my insides out,i swear i will never go through this again,maybe this needed to happen with the pills,so i know what i am in for if i ever relapse again,
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
-

Some meds can do that to you. My mom (69 yr old) is taking about 12 pills a day and always have problem going to the bathroom. I tried taking glucosamine (all my dogs get some , so why not me) and I did get constipated (sorry for the TMI) so I stopped. Hope your doc finds something to help you.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I hope the doctor can give you something to help, heidi! Sounds miserable! Some meds do that to me, too.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:24 AM

Hi Hiedi,

I don't know what kind of meds you are on, but I do know that tylenol 3's did this to me when I was in the hospital after I had my kids. You could always call the pharmacy or your doctor, you might need to get some medication over the counter I beleive.

I'm sorry I haven't been in this thread in a while, I haven't been online in a while really, I agree with you that having something to look back on to remind you why you quit is a tough but neccessary lesson, when I quit smoking I was in so much pain I promised myself that I would never go back.

Chico also has a good point about the hospital, it might be somethign unrelated to the meds, for example, the reason I had such a hard time when I quit smoking was because the stress was aggitating my gallbladder which had to be removed later on. So it might be something you need an ultrasound or something for.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Contributor

HEY,doctor said all of this is part of withdrawls,did give me something for bathroom issues,i go to new shrink tomorrowm,she said she is great and i will really like her,the medication is Subxen,and if it didnt help with cravings(works great for that,totally takes it away) i would stop taking because i find it hard to believe that withdralws would make me fall asleep like i have been,i am going home when my boss gets back,i get waves of nausea,sweats,dizzyness and man i just want to sleep.I hope this goes away soon because i will lose job,although she has given me a doctors note so i can stay home,can you still get fired even if you have a doctors note saying you cant be at work?
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Heidi,here in Canada,legally he cannot fire you for beeing sick,especially with a doctors certificate,I don't know about the US.
Hope your tummy gets better
You are on your way girl,one day you'll think of this only like a bad dream.
We are all rooting for you
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Senior Contributor

so boss i think is just sick of me leaving,gonna go home when he gets back from lunch,i think he is mad.I am never gonna get a raise here, i think once i feel better i am gonna look for a new job with more pay,he said i would move up the payscale fast here,i have gotten one raise is a year,which is not fast to me,and now that i have missed all this work it will be awhile before i can mention that,i am just confused as to why i feel this way,just the sleepy part,cause neither the meds or withdrawls could possibly make you this tired,or maybe they could,i dont know,i will be here for sure monday,thanks everyone.
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:01 PM
-

Heidi, hang in there ......you can do it. Do you remember this poster that was popular in the 70/80's? Just think of this kitty all the time.....

"HANG IN THERE"
Attached Images

Old July 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
-

Heidi, I can't remember what drug you were taking but here is a list of symptoms for cocaine withdrawal and "extreme fatigue" is one of them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.addictionwithdrawal.com/cocaine.htm
Cocaine withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

agitation
depression
intense craving for the drug
extreme fatigue
anxiety
angry outbursts
lack of motivation
nausea/vomiting
shaking
irritability
muscle pain
disturbed sleep
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah i do remember that,to cute.I was taking vicodin everyday and adderrall not as often.I am now on suboxen.
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

The sleepiness could well be the meds, Heidi. I get extreme drowsiness as a side effect from a lot of different types of meds. Just hang in there--your body may adjust and that feeling of exhaustion will go away. Is it just exhaustion, or is it depression as well? If it's both, make sure you mention it to your doctor, okay?

Just hang in there. You're on the right road...once you get past these few potholes and bumps, you'll be in for a little smoother sailing!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:24 PM
-

Sorry for your troubles Heidiho , hope the doc can give you something else. When can you get off these things ?
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,What a difference today and yesterday,i cannot believe how different i feel,i went to shrink saturday,she is awsome and very blunt,i love people like that,mark is going with me on the 21st.I feel just a tiny tiny bit tired,but not to where i am nodding off or anything,shrink said most likely it is because every receptor in my body is telling my body it needs the vics,while the other part of my body it fighting it,something like that,i was told that suboxen can make you drowsy but nothing like what i was going through.So not gonna get to happy about it,who knows what tomorrow will bring,also she wants me to get on Wellbutrin,i just dont know if i want to get on an anti depressant,told her i am not depressed,but she said she does not want to put me on xanax,valium type drugs,to addictive,she said wellbutrin is for anxiety to ,also might help with cravings,i might try it,just hate the idea that i will have to take a pill to make myself feel normal.Also mark will be doing 4 more paintings and they will be hung in Wyland gallery for sure,she loved his work.
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

That's wonderful, heidi! And I'm so glad Mark is going with you later in the month!

I thought the thing about anti-depressants isn't so much that they're addictive per se but that if you go off them too quickly you can experience a deep depression? So even if you decide to quit it later, you wouldn't maybe feel any cravings for it? You'd just have to wean yourself off very slowly... I don't know much about Wellbutrin, though...

And that's also great news about Mark doing more paintings for the gallery! He must be on ! (Feelin' just like he's in one of his lovely paintings! )

Old July 9th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Contributor

I probably will try it,i know there not addictive,i just think it isnt normal to have to take a pill everyday to make you happy,kind of contradictave i know,mark is so happy we cant believe it,and cant wait for him to meet doctor he is gonna love her,they said alot of the same things,so he loves that..
Old July 9th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Senior Contributor

WOW Heidi,it sounds great and I am really happy Mark is on board to help,also I knew they would love his art,he is very talented
I am not saying you are out of the woods yet,one day at a time,that's all you can ask of yourself for now,but I am certain you'll make a full recovery,you have a lot of people supporting you and one little Roxy-kitty
Old July 9th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Senior Contributor

I am feeling a little tired right now,ready for a nap,still not as overwhelmingly tired as last week,one hour at a time for me i guess..
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:30 PM
-

But anti-depressants are addictive so you be careful ok ? I'm glad you're doing better And Mark's paintings look like they're getting popular !!! See , everything is going good !
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Well i guess they could be,not to worried about getting hooked on wellbutrin though,i prefer my pills to get me high,,she told me this is something that i wont even notice taking,or something like that..Mark is not one for thinking there is a magic pill for anything,so i will see how it goes,i just am really sick of pills for this and pills for that also..
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:41 PM
-

You can do it Heidiho , you're on the right path. You will kick this, Mark will become an international artist and you guys will be filthy rich and invite all of us from pets.ca to your mansion on the beach in Maui
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:35 AM
-

Glad to hear things are starting to look up. The antidepressants now aren't like the ones from years ago. I think Wellbutrin is also used to help quit smoking. That's great news about Mark's paintings.....tell him "congratulations".
Old July 12th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I just got totally sick in the bathroom,thank god he stepped out for a minute,i dont know what the hell is going on,i started get really really hot and started sweating(there is no a/c vents in the front office,so not sure if it is from that,cause it cooks in here)but i dont know how i am gonna get to go home,i see doctor today,gonna tell him i forgot about follow up appt.I am gonna be shocked if i keep this job and dont get fired.I am freakin out,i started taking the wellbutrin,i am stopping,the more i think about it,the more it just makes me pissed off that pills are still gonna be in my life,i just cant do it anymore,.After this suboxon i am done,i dont want to have to get on another pill that messes with your system,it is making me depressed,then i read the side effects of wellbutrin the first week or so,and i am out,i want no part of this ****,had to curse i am getting really bummed.
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Make sure you see the doctor, heidi--might be side effects from the Wellbutrin. Ask him if you need to wean off it--you haven't been on it too long, though, have you? It might be okay to just drop it. But ask first.

I'm sorry you're getting so discouraged again, hun. Just hang in there and take it one day at a time. You'll get through this. You just might need to fine-tune the recovery is all.

First step is to see what the doctor says. How much longer till your appointment?

Old July 12th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Senior Contributor

2 hours,but i dont think i can sit here much longer,was thinking of calling boss and just saying hey gotta go to folllow up appt,and let him know i can provide note,just sucks cause the front office will have to close.But at this point i am never gonna get a raise,so screw it,i need to get home in case this happens again,today is day 5 i have taken it (100 mg in the morning) i will let her know,but no matter if she wants to keep me on it i am not gonna take it any more,this is ridicoulus,i dont know what the hell is me or a pill,i also will never know as long as i keep taking pills that cover it up.