Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old October 9th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Senior Contributor

One Patient Kitty :)

I know I should post these in the Oct thread, but I couldn't resist posting them here since people have been asking for Billy pics. I'll post one in the Oct thread once I get some of the dogs too.

Here's my sweet, patient miracle kitty. He's gone downhill a bit in the last few weeks, but he is still a fighter with lots of spark left in those beautiful eyes! I've rearranged a few things around the house for him now for easier access and he's doing much better now.

On a happier note, I just crack up every time I look at these pics.
Attached Images

Old October 9th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Gotta love his expression here. "Where's the dignity!" He asks with a long suffering sigh.
Attached Images

Old October 10th, 2007, 12:11 AM
-

The last pic looks like he's saying "will you please take this silly elephnat off my head now".

Sorry to hear Billy has gone downhill a bit. :sad: Is he still eating? Give hime extra hugs from me.
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Such a sweet, wonderful kitty. Those blue eyes are really beautiful!
Ben - Black Lab mix, 12 years
Chip - Australian Shepherd/Collie mix, 10 years
Charlie - Golden/Lab mix, 2 years
Roscoe - PittyPoo mix, 20 months
Honey Bear - Manx, 6 months
Buddy & Ebony, & Lil Bear, waiting patiently at the Rainbow Bridge
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM
-

omg the torture !!! he's too cute

I must have missed something , why Billy is going downhill ? What's the matter ? :sad:
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Poor Billy has some sort of cancer,as far as I remember,for more than a year now.:sad:
Smiley are you telling us he's blind??
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

They crack me up!

My favourite is the 3rd picture, I can just imagine his thoughts: "the things I have to endure just to amuse my human slaves!"
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:13 PM

tooooooooo cute another white fur baby I love love love the pictures Hope Billy is not to ill I have not been on here long and don't know the story
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I gotz 2 babies now!

So cute! Cats seem to act like they are so above any kind of silliness...hahah! Fill us in on Billy's issues?

Pubert Wizzer Howell-Boyd III of the feline kind R.I.P my little guy!!

If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a pet!

221/194/170(for next year)
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I love the elephant costume, even if Billy seems to have reservations about it! Cute pictures, Smiley!

Somehow I missed the tale of Billy's condition, too. I'm sorry to hear that he's had a bit of a downturn

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Young at Heart

Patient kitty is right! He is gorgeous with those eyes!
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks guys!!!

Billy has intestinal lymphoma and it's terminal. He was diagnosed 15 months ago and was told he had less than a year to live. So far, he has astounded his oncologist and all the other doctors with how well he is doing, and he is blowing all the statistics away! He's my little miracle kitty! But he's also 16 years old, so he's also starting to deal with old age issues recently too, namely arthritis. Ive posted about his condition from time to time in the last 15 months, so I thought everyone knew. Sorry about that!
Anyway, up until the last few weeks, he hadn't been showing any physical symptoms at all. The biggest concern was lack of appetite and trying to keep him eating as nutrition is key with this kind of cancer. His rapid and dangerous weight loss is what led to his diagnosis in the first place. So he is VERY skinny, but he has been maintainng weight, which is virtually unheard of with this disease, for the last 15 months. The good news is that he is still maintaining his weight right now. The bad news is that he is starting to exhibit a few random signs of his disease now.
He stopped using his litter box for a few days until I realized it was because he could no longer jump to the shelf it's sitting on to be out of the dog's reach. I moved it to the ground, and now he is back to using it again. I was told that one of the "signs" of the end was loss of bowel movements, so that was very scary for me. But it turned out to be arthritis in this case, not the disease from what we can tell. With it moved on the ground, he is happily using his box again.
He is also showing a bit of cluminess and disorentation from time to time. So far, it's only happened twice in the last few months, but this is also a sign of the disease progressing and once it gets regular, it shows his time has come. :sad:
The good news is that he is still active and happy. He still jumps on the bed and counters with no problem...apparently jumping is more difficult with a full bladder??...and he plays and runs around with the dogs and LOVES being in the fenced backyard on sunny days. Recently he proudly presented me with a dead mouse *shudder*, so he is still leading a good, quality of life.
Most likely he only has a few more months left, but he no one really knows. He may continue to surprise everyone and continue to beat the odds. So I am enjoying every day with him! And that is why these pictures are all the more precious to me. They make me smile as he makes me smile every day.

My favorite thing about him are his eyes and his expressions! I thought they both showed up so well in these pics, hehe! Love that!

Last edited by Smiley14; October 10th, 2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old October 10th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Kitty pimp

It is amazing what love and care can do for animals
here's hoping Billy continues to astound

LOl I have trouble jumping with a full bladder too!!
Old October 10th, 2007, 07:02 PM

Very obvious his heart is entwined in yours and with that going for him, how could he not beat out the odds! Wishing you countless days of fun and frolicking together. He is a sweet, sweet little boy!
Ben - Black Lab mix, 12 years
Chip - Australian Shepherd/Collie mix, 10 years
Charlie - Golden/Lab mix, 2 years
Roscoe - PittyPoo mix, 20 months
Honey Bear - Manx, 6 months
Buddy & Ebony, & Lil Bear, waiting patiently at the Rainbow Bridge
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:03 PM
cat slave

HAHAHAHAHAHA
omg ...the look on his face says it all!

*dials SPCA number.....*
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:20 PM
-

Billy looks like he is going to remember this for a looooooooooooong time Smiley ~ better watch your back woman !
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:51 PM
-

oh gosh I didn't know about his condition , or maybe I did read something but my memory sucks , specially about bad things , it (my brain) decides to block them sometimes , specially pets with cancer :sad: but wow , he has beated the odds against him ! I wish Billy and you lots of good times for one more year (or maybe 2 ? who knows ?)
Old October 11th, 2007, 12:15 AM

Those pics are so cute, he def has a very expressive face.

I will suggest if he will stand it is massaging his hips & shoulders to help relieve tension build up which will worsen arthritis symptoms (Cally had great progress with massages for his arthritis)

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 11th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Smiley,the reason I asked if Billy was blind was because you said you had moved things around to make it easier for him,but I am glad he can see out of those beautiful blue eyes
He is a brave little fighter and with you by his side,I am sure he's not giving up any time soon
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Smiley,the reason I asked if Billy was blind was because you said you had moved things around to make it easier for him,but I am glad he can see out of those beautiful blue eyes
He is a brave little fighter and with you by his side,I am sure he's not giving up any time soon
Sorry about that Chico! I just had to move his litter box and food bowls for easier access, and I got a little step ladder for him to climb up into his favorite window cat bed thing. He still jumps up on the counters (never could teach him not to do that! ) and onto the bed with no problem though. Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason to old age! But I think his latest issues are more related to age than his disease. Hard to say for sure. Right now at least, he is doing pretty good again with the small changes!
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:29 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He is a beautiful kitty, Smiley, and I hope he continues to hold his own for many months to come!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
He is a beautiful kitty, Smiley, and I hope he continues to hold his own for many months to come!
Thank you!!!
Old October 12th, 2007, 06:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Smiley,I figured that after reading the rest of your post,my grey matter does not always work
Tell Billy I know all about old age creeping up
He is a beautiful boy
Old October 12th, 2007, 11:21 AM
~and Trixie 2~

Hey smiley! Your story brought tears to my eyes! It is so amazing that he's still doing well! His pictures are priceless, I'm sure you will treasure them forever! Good luck with him!!!
Old October 12th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_love_mikko View Post
Hey smiley! Your story brought tears to my eyes! It is so amazing that he's still doing well! His pictures are priceless, I'm sure you will treasure them forever! Good luck with him!!!
Oh, thank you so much!