Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Other pet critters - Birds, fish, rabbits, reptiles, rodents and exotics > Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:02 PM

New fish tank. Need help.

I have just set up my 35 gallon fish tank. Right now of course there is nothing in it, I just have it filtering and heating. I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on what kind of freshwater fish I should get. I have a betta and a goldfish right now in another tank and they can be left seperate if need be but I would like to put them into the 35 if possible. I'm not really sure what kind of fish can be put together. I'm not even sure if a betta and a goldfish can go together but these two seem to get along fine, there hasn't been any fin nipping or agressivness that I have seen. I also have a few cleaner fish that will go into the 35 and a couple of fish that I have no idea what they are, but they live well with bettas and goldfish, they are about an inch long. I was looking at some angel fish but i'v heard conflicting things about angels and bettas. I'v read that angels and bettas can live together happily, but i'v also heard that they can't be together because angels are fin nippers. I just want everyone in my tank to get along. Any suggestions on some pretty fish that will get along together would be great. Thanks.

Candi- Italian Greyhound
Cash- Italian Greyhound
Jasmine- Tabby cat