Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2001, 09:11 AM
petdr's Avatar
petdr petdr is offline
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 262


Please help me.

In the next year or so, my husband and I will be moving from California to Vancouver, B.C. and need to know what the Canadian customs/immigration officers will need, paperwork-wise, for us to drive across the border with our cats and dog.

Most likely we will be crossing at Peace Arch border crossing and want to have all necessary info prepared in advance. I would appreciate any info you have or contact numbers/web sites.

Thank you very much.

Regards, Laverne


Hi Laverne,

You will need a health certificate from your veterinarian for any dog under 8 months, and an up to date rabies vaccination certificate.

The cat only needs the rabies certificate.

Due to rules and regulations that often change, you'll need to contact
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency for more info. You can also call 1-800-442-2342

Marko Kulik
Webmaster www.pets.ca

Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.