Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old November 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Special Delivery- Newborn Kits!!!!

Hi,

Has anyone seen this on CNN or any other station? You can view it here:

http://edition.cnn.com/US/

I id dnot hear the whole story - a woman in NC ordered something (something electronic I think but I couold be mistaken)and when the delivery arrived and she opened the box, there were four little kittens, about 4 days old with their eyes still closed!!! The box was sealed and they had not eaten in 2 days!

No-one knows how it happened but they bottlefed the babies are named them - Boots and Georia and I forget the other names- amazing story!
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Senior Contributor

Here is the story:

Kittens survive two-day journey in box
11/23/2004 10:12 PM
By: Shawn Flynn, News 14 Carolina

Special Delivery

It is still not known how the kittens got into the package.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A construction company in Charlotte just recently ordered some parts from Georgia. They got their parts, OK -- and four newborn kittens, too.

The kittens, which somehow got inside the package containing the parts, survived a two-day journey without food or water.

“My husband heard something, so he opened the box -- and there were the four kittens,” Cathy Thomas said Tuesday.

The kittens' box arrived on a Thursday after being shipped out on a Tuesday.
Thomas and her husband work for TwinStar Construction. She said the kittens were so young and tiny that they had not even opened their eyes yet. They arrived on a Thursday after being shipped out on a Tuesday.

Because the kittens were not in great condition, Thomas took them home and became their foster mom.

“I was feeding them out of an eyedropper at that point,” she said. “But after about a day, they seemed to get their energy back.”

Thomas’ twin sons named the cats Wild Thing, Georgia, Sparky and Boots. Each cat requires a 2-ounce bottle every three hours, which can be enough to tire any mother.

Each cat requires a 2-ounce bottle every three hours, which can be enough to tire any mother.
“They’re nursing every three hours,” Thomas said. “It’s like having infants all over again.”

It is still not known how the kittens got into the package.

“We don’t know if the mom had just entered the box -- because it was a fairly large box -- and had the kittens, or if they were packed purposefully,” Thomas said.

Thomas is looking to find a good home for all four cats. She said they will be ready to adopt in a couple of weeks.

“I’m sure there’s a loving family out there who wants a kitten,” she said.

Anyone who wants to adopt a kitten can contact Thomas at (704) 363-1282.
Attached Images