Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old December 22nd, 2015, 09:31 AM

Sick Weimaraner

My Husband and I are desperate for any help someone can give about our sick weimaraner Jaeger.

Symptoms:
Drooling
Head Tilt
Wobbly Walking/ Weak and running into things on the left side.
Vomiting
Head ticking (Bobbing)

We took him to the Pet ER for two days and they donít know what is wrong. They put him on antibiotics and did blood work but we are waiting for results. Its taking three days and I am worried he will keep getting worst. Has anyone seem these symptoms before and have an idea of what it might possibly be?

Thank you!
Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Did you call the vet back to see if the results came back yet?

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...r-disease.aspx

Does it sound your dog sound like this ? I hope your dog will be OK.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:56 PM

No results yet. We will go see a neurologist tomorrow morning. Went to the vet again today and they are thinking Brain Tumor or Disease. It's so sad to see him so sick.
Old December 22nd, 2015, 06:40 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weimaranerx2 View Post
No results yet. We will go see a neurologist tomorrow morning. Went to the vet again today and they are thinking Brain Tumor or Disease. It's so sad to see him so sick.
I sure hope that is not want wrong will your puppy .
I lost my last dog to cancer . He was my hearing dog and he had kidney cancer and he started to growl at me as if he didn't know who I was .
I was on my computer and came into the room and his eyes was glazed over and growling and I had to call out his name a couple of times to snap him out of it. I have a granddaughter and she was very little and I had to think of her safety , I think the cancer had spread to my dog brain and I couldn't risk him turning on my grandchild and I put down my beloved beautiful black Standard poodle. Yes it's so heartbreaking seeing
one of your best friend so ill.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 03:57 AM
Senior Contributor

It may be vestibular, I would hope that the vets would recognize this if that's what is going on.

With an emergency, 3 days is a long time to wait for bloodwork, unless they are running a special test. Regular bloodwork can be back within a day, so I am wondering what is going on. You want to know about blood counts, etc. Tick disease can occassionally present like this. I would have started aggressive doxycycline, since it addresses many different infections, can decrease neuroinflammation, and inhibits ome brain tumors, as well as other cancers. I lost my first dog to a brain stem lesion and it didn't present quite like what is going on with your dog, so I will hold positive thoughts.

I'm still really confused about the bloodwork.