Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits > Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans

Old October 19th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Rally in Edmonton, Alberta

This was posted in my BSL group and I wanted to post it here. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend (without your dog, please) and let your feeling be known.

Second, there is a Punish the Deed, Not the Breed rally being held at the Legislature in Edmonton, Alberta. I have been in contact with the organizer and as I reported earlier, this rally is taking place on Monday, November 1, 2004 at NOON at the Legislative grounds in Edmonton. For obvious reasons it is being requested that NO DOGS BE PRESENT at the rally. If anyone is interested in receiving a copy of the flyer for this rally email me privately and I will send you one. I have made copies of it and will be posting it at the local vet clinics, boarding kennels, grooming shops and grocery stores in my area.

This rally is being held during the week, as obviously no one is present at the Legislature on the weekend No moaning and groaning allowed about missing work - we all manage to do it for a dog show and this is FAR more important as we won't need to worry about dog shows when we're not allowed to own our dogs! The Canadian American Pit Bull Terrier Association has indicated that they would be honoured to have us there, standing beside them. Basically there mandate is the same as ours, that being:

"Oppose ANY breed specific legislation in ANY city, in ANY province, ANY where!"
and
"Support Responsible Dog Ownership & Registry, including proper care & handling!!!"
Old October 19th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Senior Contributor

That's fantastic! I would love to be there! Thanks for sharing this LavR, can you please PM the flyer information. I can post it in town, at the mall, vet clinics... cars....LOL
Old October 19th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Love all creatures

I still can't believe we haven't had one in Toronto guys..
Old October 19th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Here's the email that I received from the contact I got for the Edmonton BSL rally..... sad

Quote:
Hi Samantha,

Unfortunately, I just receive an email this morning from the organizer of the rally that it has been cancelled due to "red tape issues"

Thank you for your committment to fighting BSL.