Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old February 8th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Senior Contributor

My withdrawal symptoms are getting better. I love the photo of the puppies being held and Halo looks she is sticking her tongue out at them.
Thank you for posting more photos..
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Barkingdog, I never noticed Halo's tongue in the pic! It looks like she's sticking her finger down her throat and gagging about the puppies (she probably is...) We thought we should get a pic of hubby holding the two because he won't be able to very soon.

Our dogs are not allowed on the furniture, poor abused animals that they are, but Lupa does like to sit on people's laps. Now when she goes into the living room she puts her feet up on hubbies chair and you can see her thinking - how do I get up here??? I know one day we're going to find her curled up on the chair when she can jump that high. Hubby is going to have to stop picking them up if he wants to avoid that.

Let me tell you, training him is just as hard as training the dogs!
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Barkingdog, I never noticed Halo's tongue in the pic! It looks like she's sticking her finger down her throat and gagging about the puppies (she probably is...) We thought we should get a pic of hubby holding the two because he won't be able to very soon.

Our dogs are not allowed on the furniture, poor abused animals that they are, but Lupa does like to sit on people's laps. Now when she goes into the living room she puts her feet up on hubbies chair and you can see her thinking - how do I get up here??? I know one day we're going to find her curled up on the chair when she can jump that high. Hubby is going to have to stop picking them up if he wants to avoid that.

Let me tell you, training him is just as hard as training the dogs!
Yeah it does looks like Halo sticking her finger down her throat and gagging about the puppies . When I went to visit my daughter's house I would want to pet my granddog but Finlay would get in front of me so Alley could not get near me. Dogs do get jealous like kids.
Marty is a mini poodle mix and very small so I did not think I had to worry about him getting to food on the kitchen table. Boy was I wrong!
I brought home two slices of pizza and left it on the table and when I walked back into the kitchen Marty had my slice of veggie pizza on the floor and he left me the slice of cheese pizza! Give your puppies time they'll find a way to
get on the furniture. Marty jumped onto a chair and climbed onto the table to steal my food.
Old February 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

They are just too cute, DD!

And I agree--hubbies are harder to train than puppies! Plus puppies want to please you; hubbies not so much!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Boy do I know it! Lupa already climbs up when you're working at the kitchen counter, I'm forever putting her feet back down on the floor and telling her "off". Same with the furniture, a gentle push back and "off". I have a feeling we'll have to watch these two like hawks, Halo and Shadow were so good about that, they never tried to get up on the furniture.
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Boy do I know it! Lupa already climbs up when you're working at the kitchen counter, I'm forever putting her feet back down on the floor and telling her "off". Same with the furniture, a gentle push back and "off". I have a feeling we'll have to watch these two like hawks, Halo and Shadow were so good about that, they never tried to get up on the furniture.
My hearing dog was really bad , he knew I could not hear very good so he would jump up into the kitchen sink and lick the dirty dishes and I would be right in the living room which is right next the kitchen . I would be watching TV and Finlay would be 'washing' the dishes.
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

OMG super cuteness.they must be keeping you and hubby and halo busy.
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:54 PM
You can call me DOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingdog View Post
My withdrawal symptoms are getting better. I love the photo of the puppies being held and Halo looks she is sticking her tongue out at them.
Thank you for posting more photos..
I can't agree with you any more Barkingdog! Cuteness overload!

OH MARKO.....We need a like button for all these amazing puppy photos!

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Rest in Peace Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/15/2004 - 11/18/2017 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, just a couple pics from last night and today.
The pups love to lay under stuff! And there are signs of hope that Halo may melt yet! Angeldogs, do you see the pic you posted on my fridge? The one about peeing in the yard. Nikki got under the bed and couldn't get out. We had to show him the end of the bed that doesn't have a rail on it. This won't be a problem for much longer though!
Attached Images

Old February 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

That is very cute. Marty loves to get under my night table , it is his little den. Your puppies will not be able to get under the chairs and beds for very long. I think most cats and dogs loves to get under or behind things in the house.
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I don't know if Halo will melt, but my heart sure has!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Got a couple pics over the weekend but have been too sick to download and post. Soon I promise. Halo is actually doing pretty good with them. The pups however, never cease to test our patience -- housebreaking x 2 is rotten!
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

They sure are cute and Halo is a pretty girl.yes i see the pic.
Old February 13th, 2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Got a couple pics over the weekend but have been too sick to download and post. Soon I promise. Halo is actually doing pretty good with them. The pups however, never cease to test our patience -- housebreaking x 2 is rotten!
LOL yep I don't think I could do housebreaking X 2... Guero has been with us already for 2 months and he is still testing our patience for sure! just the day before yesterday he decided to pee on the couch, so now, among other areas that is off limits for him, unless of course he is in my lap... that doesn't really count

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Sorry to hear you've been sick, DD. Sure doesn't help much with the housebreaking. However, this, too, shall pass. We made it through with Ember and Cole...and Cole was a tough case--he was one of those stubborn pups who took 8 months to finally learn the lesson. That being said, though, the tough ones seem to learn the lesson the best when it finally sinks in.

Old February 13th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Well Hazel thanks for the hug, but no thanks for the 8 months! Gotta run, apparently I need another trip to Costco for more paper towels... Promise I will get some pics up soon.

As a side, while DH was determined to get a boy puppy, Lupa is his favourite! He adores them both, but the little Diva of Coquitlam has warmed his soul.
Old February 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

HA! Men are so fickle, aren't they?

Old February 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Senior Contributor

Men - Fickle?? I couldn't get DH to go to the Dr. yesterday, he said he'd go when he feels better!

Okay, just a couple puppy pics. I think Nikki needs a tongue reduction, it's always sticking out - then again, maybe he just doesn't like me! But he does seem to be warming up to Halo (anybody notice his feet are as big as Halo's?)
Attached Images

Old February 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awe DD love those pics! they are getting BIG!! Looks like Halo has adapted quite well! Glad to hear your feeling better...sorry to say this but men just have "hard heads!" about stuff like that! DH suffers from them too and has for many years. They go away for awhile and then come back with a vengence. Dont listen to anyone that tells you to drink cranberry juice. About 10-15 yrs ago that was what doctors told people but they now know that the cranberry juice actually isnt good as it affects the stones. Our oncologist said water and lots of it to help flush them.

Things are a tad crazy at work now as we are gearing up for our busy time of year. Sophie is in her 3rd obediance class now. I am hoping to see if she can make it to learn agility.

Hope every one else is good!

Oh! and I will have to post some pics whn I get a few minutes of the Birthday PAWTY Sophie attended on the weekend! What a great time they all had!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:33 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Butt to butt!!! Halo seems to be liking her new housemates, DD! Love the wrasslin' pic!!

Hey, Cindy, nice to read you again! We definitely need some updated Sophie pics!!!

Old February 14th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

They are looking adorable.all 3
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Men - Fickle?? I couldn't get DH to go to the Dr. yesterday, he said he'd go when he feels better!

Okay, just a couple puppy pics. I think Nikki needs a tongue reduction, it's always sticking out - then again, maybe he just doesn't like me! But he does seem to be warming up to Halo (anybody notice his feet are as big as Halo's?)
Nikki is beautiful , he does have big paws both puppies are beautiful but I really love Nikki. Good to hear you're feeling better.
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you all, we love them both too! They wrassle ALL the time it seems. Inside, outside, back inside.... Winston I am waiting anxiously for your pics ofthe pawty! Nice to hear from you.
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:59 PM

uuuh... I love Nikki... makes me think of that little girl on despicable me "its so fluffy!"

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Nikki is working so hard to get Halo to love him, and she's showing signs of caving in. Last night she was actually playing with them a bit outside. This makes me happy!

What doesn't make me happy is Halo also pooped on the floor last night! She hasn't done that in 11 years. She was having an off night, and she probably tried to get my attention but I was asleep. She went to the door but obviously couldn't hold it - poor girl. She's not a barker, she'll just wander around and whimper a bit if she wants out, I'm guessing I wrote it off to being one of the puppies crying in their crate and ignored her. Oh well, what's one more accident in the house!!
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Nikki is working so hard to get Halo to love him, and she's showing signs of caving in. Last night she was actually playing with them a bit outside. This makes me happy!

What doesn't make me happy is Halo also pooped on the floor last night! She hasn't done that in 11 years. She was having an off night, and she probably tried to get my attention but I was asleep. She went to the door but obviously couldn't hold it - poor girl. She's not a barker, she'll just wander around and whimper a bit if she wants out, I'm guessing I wrote it off to being one of the puppies crying in their crate and ignored her. Oh well, what's one more accident in the house!!
I want to give Nikki a belly rub so badly seeing him lying down like that.
Old February 15th, 2013, 07:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Aw, poor Halo!! She tried to wake ya, Mom! Who knew Puppy-Exhaustion could run so deep?! No harm done! The puppy cleaner works just as well for mature ladies...

Old February 26th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay, a few pics for my friends here. In the first one Halo has the toy and the pups have her surrounded hoping to get her attention and/or the toy! She didn't give up the toy, but she was a good girl. The others are just the pups being the pups!
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Senior Contributor

Helps if I put in the pics huh! Pic two they are so innocent,in the last pic, Nikki is about to have a go at Lupa!
Attached Images

Old February 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Just a couple more for today.
Attached Images