Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old November 17th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Unhappy Toxology not open until Monday

Anybody, Everybody, Somebody!!!! My daughter and son-in-law's dog was poisoned. This is the 4th dog to have been poisoned within the last 6 months. My son-in-law originally let Animal Control take her (Mia) to wherever it is they incinerate animals; but we got really scared and desparate and knew if they incinerated her, there would be no way of knowing exactly what was used for the poison. They already spent over $200.00 on a toxology report on another dog which netted 0 results. However, that dog had been in the ground for 4 days. We were all on vacation and out of town when it happened. This time, my son-in-law decided to go fetch Mia back and wrapped her in plastic bags and PUT HER IN THE REFRIGERATOR OUT HERE ON THE BACK PORCH ALONG WITH ALL OF OUR FOOD!!! He did this on a Friday, yesterday and it will be Monday before we can get her to a vet. Now, please - will someone tell me if we need to throw all the food away? I don't think I can eat anything out of this fridge knowing there is or was a dead animal in it.
Old November 17th, 2012, 08:47 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Your local Health Dept would be the best place to ask.

My heart aches for your daughter and her husband, though. Do they have any idea who could be doing the poisoning? Is there going to be an investigation?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."