Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old August 8th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Senior Contributor

CARO Rally-O Anybody Doing this?

Anybody doing CARO Rally-O? My dog got his novice title and the certificate says Novice MCL. What does MCL stand for? I can't find it on the CARO webiste and the CARO office is closed till the end of August.

Also, I am assuming that if I want to put initials after his name it's the MCL I put? Along with his CKC RN. Oh well, might as well go all out on this poorly concealed brag, and his RA?
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

MCL = Magna Cum Laude?

Great job, by the way, Longblades!! Congratulations to both you and your dog! I hope he got plenty of cookies for doing such a fine job!!

Oh....can't forget to ask: Got pics?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Senior Contributor

LOL, thank you. Now I don't care what it means, I'm going to say it's Magna Cum Laude. Thereby confirming, dog's smarter than I am.

I went back to the CARO site and in an obscure place I found that the intials to use are CRN. The "C" to distinguish between the CKC who use simply RN. Boy, that could get confusing, still.

The only one I have a photo of is the RA and it's a group shot so I would have to get permission from all the people in it, I think, to post it. Four of us who all train with the same teacher all got titles on the same day.
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

No, seriously! From here: http://www.hyperhounds.ca/TitleAbbreviations.html

Quote:
MCL: Magnu Cum Lauda (added to title for scores that average 190-200. ie: REMCL
heheh

Only I couldn't find CRN on it.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
No, seriously! From here: http://www.hyperhounds.ca/TitleAbbreviations.html

heheh

Only I couldn't find CRN on it.
Really? Gee, our titling score was 195. For 5th place. Well, I sent them an email so maybe in September I'll find out.

Oh my gosh. I looked at your link and I think that's what it is. The C in front of RN for CARO was introduced about a year ago. All the CARO titles now have "C" at the beginning. The article in your link must be older than that.

Well good for us. Now I guess I need to know where I put the MCL, MCLCRN? Or CRNMCL? After I guess. That's it, he's officially got more letters after his name than I do.

ETA: You know how your brain tries to make sense of letters and turn them into a word, even if some of the letters for that word are missing or wrong? All I can see now is Cornmeal.

Last edited by Longblades; August 8th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Old August 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longblades View Post
LOL, thank you. Now I don't care what it means, I'm going to say it's Magna Cum Laude. Thereby confirming, dog's smarter than I am.

I went back to the CARO site and in an obscure place I found that the intials to use are CRN. The "C" to distinguish between the CKC who use simply RN. Boy, that could get confusing, still.

The only one I have a photo of is the RA and it's a group shot so I would have to get permission from all the people in it, I think, to post it. Four of us who all train with the same teacher all got titles on the same day.
What is your dog name, I may just for him for president!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Agility addict

It does mean magna cum laude. I have a RNMCL on Kaiden and a RAMCL on Dekka. It means you have your title with an average over 190. If over 180 you get a CL.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Performance Spaniels

The extra letters go after the actual title. If you get an average of 180-190 you get CL. The MCL, or CL go with every level.

They did add the C a year ago to the front of the titles. I'm not changing mine though as Smudge and Cider got the MCL on novice, Cider MCL on advanced and excellent. That already shows it's not CKC, AKC or UKC rally.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you folks. The CARO people did respond to my email and you are all correct, it means Magnu Cum Laude. And it writes as CRNMCL

The lady at CARO liked my cornmeal joke.