Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old October 4th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Senior Contributor

saskatoon spca benefits from Tweed/Simmons wedding

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/wedding-sha...165055865.html

SASKATOON - The Saskatoon SPCA is several thousand dollars richer thanks to the wedding of reality TV star Shannon Tweed and Kiss rocker Gene Simmons.

The couple tied the knot in Beverly Hills, Calif., on the weekend but didn't set up a gift registry.

They had asked guests to consider making a donation to the Saskatoon SPCA instead.

Tweed, a former Playboy model, was born in Newfoundland but was raised in Saskatoon.

SPCA spokeswoman Tiffany Koback says a lot of Tweed's family has stopped in to make donations, which already stand at $5,700.

Koback says the cash will go towards medical care, equipment and upgrading the kennel room.

It's not the first time Tweed has been involved with the Prairie city's SPCA. She made a $10,000 donation in July after hearing the story of two dogs who survived being shot.

Tweed and Simmons have been a couple for years and star together in the reality show "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels.'' One of the episodes was filed in Saskatoon.

The new season starts Tuesday on the A&E network.

The 62-year-old Kiss bassist and Tweed, who is 54, have two children.

(CKOM, The Canadian Press)
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

That is so awesome
Kiss was my fav group back in the 80's lol... still love em to this day!!
I think what they have done is so wonderful

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old October 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Hey Rgeurts..kinda makes one proud to be a KISS fan I love Snippy..she seems like such a cool dog..I've seen a couple of more dogs and cats in their house but it's soooo huge you never see them all!! I know there's either a Himalyan or a Ragdoll type cat there and a Dalmation who is very shy and hides from the cameras and at least one little dog. Snippy was their ring bearer