Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old September 29th, 2004, 05:02 PM

Lost Black Cat (Ashes) !!

Ashes is our neutered male domestic black (with white patch on his tummy) short-haired cat. He is very friendly, cuddly, and chatty. Ashes has been microchipped. He went missing (in the area of the Glebe in Ottawa, Ontario) sometime while we were out of the country (July-Sept 2004) while he was staying with friends. When we picked him up on September 24 (as soon as we got home) we quickly discovered that the cat we were given was not our wonderful little boy. We did find the rightful owners of "Buddy" thanks to microchipping. But we are missing Ashes terribly. Please help us find our furry little family member.

Last edited by robesonpa; September 29th, 2004 at 05:03 PM. Reason: missing information
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM

All paws are crossed you find your Ashes. Did your friends mistake Buddy for yours?
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:18 PM

yeah. It was an honest mistake. The two little guys have the same personality - both very affectionate and chatty. I only noticed it when he rolled over to have his tummy rubbed and "Buddy" did not have a white patch. I even tried rubbing at the "spot" with a damp facecloth, but it remained black. They feel awful.

So sad still
Old October 1st, 2004, 05:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Posters, posters, posters, with a colour picture...put them up further afield than you think he might have gone, cats can really travel quite a distance. I had success last week with a kitten I found. People will not stop to read a description but they will for a picture. I'm assuming you've notified all the vets in your neighbourhood, since Ashes is microchipped, as well as the SPCA and any other shelters. Don't give up! He's out there.
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Also,when(not if!!)you find him,please let us know,we love FOUND news
Old October 1st, 2004, 09:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Can you put a picture up here? We get tons of visitors...
Old November 1st, 2004, 02:40 PM

Ashes is still missing

We've been checking back regularly in the neighbourhood where he was lost. We have had a few calls that turn out to be someone else's lucky kitty. I thought I had him at one point, but when I got up close I noticed this new little fellow had different markings (people in the area must think I am a loon). I was so sure and then so disappointed. We have put up posters with pictures and with a reward offered. I will continue to go further afield posting them. We contacted our vet and he checked with the microchip company. There have been no inquiries on his microchip. I don't know if that is good news or bad. We've been back and forth to the humane society - no luck. The vets in the area have all been contacted and given copies of the poster. I cannot seem to be able to attach his picture but he is a beautiful, muscular black boy with a small white patch on his lower tummy.

Last edited by robesonpa; November 1st, 2004 at 02:41 PM. Reason: missing info