Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:12 PM

Persia

It is official

After saying goodbye to Jasmine, I know that I will need a new little girl in my life. I have been in contact with a siberian breeder and will have this little angel introduced into my life in a little more than a month:

I am so excited!
She will be just as spoiled as Jasmine was (If not more!)
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awe Cerena she is a doll! Love the look on her face! I am so happy you decided to allow yourself to love another! I am 100% sure that your sweet Jasmine is watching over you and mighty glad you decided to give your love to another kitty!

Jasmine is your guradian kitty angel now!

I am so glad we get to share in your new little one too!

We must have pictures at every stage of growth you know!!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, she's beautiful!!!

Definitely need those regular pics of her kittenhood!!

Congratulations, Cerena!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM

Oh, wonderful! I have a couple more!

(She is in the upper left corner).

Jasmine (2011) you were the sweetest thing in my life. The most loyal animal I could have ever asked for. Thank you for being there with me every step of my undergraduate education.

Missy (October 2008) the most beautiful dog in the world. You carried me through my high school years and I thank you for that.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So cute! Such lil babes!!! You must be beyond excited to pick her up!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Last edited by hazelrunpack; July 3rd, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM

Most definitely, hazel!
As we speak, I am looking at cat trees and ordering a kitten tag (I am doing it through Purina - they are giving a free kitten kitten kit for those who register)

Jasmine (2011) you were the sweetest thing in my life. The most loyal animal I could have ever asked for. Thank you for being there with me every step of my undergraduate education.

Missy (October 2008) the most beautiful dog in the world. You carried me through my high school years and I thank you for that.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 02:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

The tag is cute! We registered a long time ago for a puppy kit...I think it was for Gauge, our first setter. Got a cute tag and a little puppy book and log--I even used the log. Tossed the chow, though.

How big a cat tree will you get? She's such a lucky little kitten!!!

Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
The tag is cute! We registered a long time ago for a puppy kit...I think it was for Gauge, our first setter. Got a cute tag and a little puppy book and log--I even used the log. Tossed the chow, though.

How big a cat tree will you get? She's such a lucky little kitten!!!
Awesome to hear, hazel!
It will be a sisal rope tree. Probably about 4 to 5 feet tall?

Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

Is there such a thing as a kitten tree? Or do you get an adult one that she can 'grow into'? (I gots no kitten 'sperience...can you tell? )

Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM

Haha I have no kitten experience, either!
Are you suggesting that a smaller tree is safer? Because, if so, I would definitely agree with you.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I don't know. LOL I've only ever had dogs.

Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:34 PM

Haha!! Oh, I know what you mean! Jasmine was my first cat!

Old July 7th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Just over a month until Persia comes here And I can't wait!

Old July 7th, 2011, 11:48 PM

How exciting to have a kitten on the way Congrats on the soon to be addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerena View Post
Haha I have no kitten experience, either!
Are you suggesting that a smaller tree is safer? Because, if so, I would definitely agree with you.
You can lay the regular one on it's side (lengthwise on the floor) until she's big enough to start climbing higher than it is wide

and if she starts climbing the curtains you'll know it's time to put the cat tree upright

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Do you have a calendar marking down the days, Cerena?

That's a good idea about laying the cat tree on its side, growler. See? It takes a cat person. Around here, something like that lying on its side would likely get peed on by a dog!

Old July 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM

Hahahaha hazel, you make a good point

Growler, thanks for the suggestion! I haven't seen any great cat trees that I am willing to buy here. I have some climbing toys and things from Jasmine. And I'll try that out with Persia first and see what her personality is like. (e.g. If she likes tunnels, I'll get a tree with some hiding spots.)

Persia will be here sometime early to mid August...
Every day gets me closer to seeing her! I can't wait

Old July 27th, 2011, 11:29 PM

New photo of Persia!
If all goes well, she should be here August 12th

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:02 AM

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to say I get little Persia tomorrow night. And I am super excited <3

Old August 12th, 2011, 08:59 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Can't wait to see more pics and hear all about her!!!

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM

How exciting! Don't forget, we need fresh pictures daily (never hurts to try, right?)
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
How exciting! Don't forget, we need fresh pictures daily (never hurts to try, right?)
Bahaha we'll see!! I took photos of Jasmine all the time. Persia won't be an exception :P

Old August 13th, 2011, 06:35 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Todays the big day!!!!! yipppeee I cant wait to see your sweet little Persia!!! just remember to take pics often because they grow up sooo fast!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

really cute pics so far - Congrats!
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old August 13th, 2011, 01:36 PM

Hey everyone!

I made a video of her in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJFgZkbHEMQ

Here you go

Old August 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

oh my dawg, is she cute!!!! More pics, pls? What a sweetheart!

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM

How adorable is she!

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old August 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM

Annnnd the furry pics begin <3

Persia at 11 weeks, 3 days

Hate to compare, but she is just like Jasmine <3 Sweet natured and so lovable. She's sleeping on my shoulder as I type.

Last edited by Cerena; August 15th, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:35 AM

So adorable! She's got that sweet innocent look on her face ~ you just know she's up to something

Old August 16th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Senior Contributor

That's some mighty fine ear-hair she's got!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:08 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

What beautiful eyes!!!