Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Suggestions & Improvements > Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site

Old April 4th, 2011, 10:22 PM

Trouble posting replies on threads - log out/in

I can stay on pets for an hour, viewing posts and different threads, and I have no problem with my 'logged in' status... However, when I try to post a reply to a thread (I click 'post reply', type a title, then the text of my reply, then scroll down to click on 'submit post'), after I click 'submit', a new screen appears that says I have to be logged in to be able to submit posts.

This is getting very annoying! Whenever I want to post, I have to be sure to copy the entire completed post that I've typed, before I click on 'submit' ... then I have to log BACK in, find the previous thread again, and go thru the process again (this time, just 'pasting' the text of my post and clicking 'submit' right away).

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
chronically insane.

Yep, we've been having that problem for a while... read the other thread in this forum area

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:29 PM
You can call me DOG!

That's happened to me a few times in the past and without disturbing your reply, simply go back up to the user name/password, type and everything should still be there and intact.

The other alternative is to check the box "remember me" which would also eliminate the unnecessary logout.

Rest in Peace Bailey: 12/10/95-1/9/09 (Golden Retriever)
Rest in Peace Kitty: 7/1/2000 - 10/7/2013
Gryphon (sounds like Griffin): 10/14/2004 (English Springer Spaniel)
Bella: 3/09/2005 LHD Cat adopted by/from Child
Mollie: 6/2/2009 (English Setter)
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM

I did read most of that other thread, altho it didn't seem to be talking about the same issue as I'm having... 14+ mentioned getting a msg that says Pets.ca is not available or moved when she refreshes a page, and having to click on a post 2-3 times before it would open. Another member mentioned the site 'freezing' ... I'm not experiencing any of these. In fact, I don't have the 'you need to log in' problem when I submit a NEW post/thread (such as my initial one here) - just when I'm replying to someone else's post.
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:16 PM

thanks, klm - I'll try both of those!
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:18 PM
chronically insane.

It just logs me out whenever it feels like it, regardless of if I click remember me or not. It will log me out when I am replying to a post as well, or when I submit a thread..oorrrr just whenever it dang well pleases

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Unfortunately (and fortunately for some) this version of the board software has increased security features that log you out much more frequently than previous versions. I can only guess the reason for this is that many people loggon from places other than their homes, so this helps prevent snooping into accounts from strangers, coworkers etc..

thx!
Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu's Mom View Post
I can stay on pets for an hour, viewing posts and different threads, and I have no problem with my 'logged in' status... However, when I try to post a reply to a thread (I click 'post reply', type a title, then the text of my reply, then scroll down to click on 'submit post'), after I click 'submit', a new screen appears that says I have to be logged in to be able to submit posts.

This is getting very annoying! Whenever I want to post, I have to be sure to copy the entire completed post that I've typed, before I click on 'submit' ... then I have to log BACK in, find the previous thread again, and go thru the process again (this time, just 'pasting' the text of my post and clicking 'submit' right away).

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Lulu's Mom - when you do your reply and that page comes up saying you have to be logged in does it also give you the log in stuff right there? You know, name and password? If it does you can fill it in right in those fields and that way it just continues on with what you were doing - posting. No need to copy and paste. If you want to do the copy/paste for the first few times just so you know I'm not joshin' you go ahead.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!