Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old April 4th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Lost Cat - Ajax

Hi I live in Ajax , I lost my Male cat he answers to bubba boy or momma boy
He is mostly black with white chest almost looks like he is wearing boots.
He is fixed. He does not have a collar on as he hates it he wouldn't move with it on and i left it on for hours. He is so loving and deeply missed. We live in the area of slater and agate road. If you see him plz let me know my daughter is lost without him and so am I. It would be greatly appreciated. We lost him on March 27, 2011 I believe in the morning he got out when my son left for work. We all miss him!!
Attached Images

Last edited by sue14; April 10th, 2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: location in title forgot date missing
Old April 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Senior Contributor

Sue,I am very sorry,I am sure you are frantic,as I know I would be.

Did you do the usual things,like missing posters,calling or better yet,go to shelters and check for yourself.
Go out after dark with a flashlight,cats eyes will as you know show,if he's hiding somewhere in the bushes.
Ask your neighbors to check garages,sheds etc..look up in trees.

What else? Well,you should leave something of his or something that has your smell,outside in a carrier or crate+his favorite food.
Usually a scared kitty does not go very far from home,maybe a couple of houses away,so please be vigilant,don't give up on him.
Good Luck!!
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Smile thanks

Thanks so much for the tips I have tried most of them. Resorting to posting posters on every post on the streets around me tomorrow. The biggest problem I have right now is the strays that threatened him at the window. I believe he was trying to show them this was his home. As they have sprayed everywhere.
He never was an outdoor cat. I don't believe he was able to spray himself around the outside. I've put his fav. chair outside so he could smell it. Hoping that he will find his back that way. As well as other items. We also have dogs all around us. I will never give up on him. I also will not stop looking. Again thank you!!!
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Senior Contributor

Sue,it sounds like a pretty scary place for an in-door cat,not used to other cats and dogs,he has more than likely found a safe place to hide,afraid to venture out..
Look in any place,where you think he could be hiding,bringing some smelly food or treats..please give us an update..

I know here,our Humane Society pics up cats having been killed on the road,maybe yours does too,it's terrible to think of,but just to make sure..
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

So sorry you are missing your kitty

Indoor only kitties do not venture far from home unless they have been chased. They normally find a hiding spot and can stay there for days, even weeks, only venturing out very late at night or early morning. He may even be close enough to hear you calling, but won't come out of hiding. They are funny creatures when they are scared.

Have you tried going out at 3 or 4 in the morning with a flashlight to look for the reflection of his eyes under decks, in thick brush, etc. etc.?

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:47 AM

how far

Exactly or approximately how far can he go? I just put flyers in every mailbox on the street behind me. Please pray this works. I thank you all for your suggestions. I will keep you all posted on my progress.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

He could go for miles if he wanted to, but more reasonable would be within a 2km radius. I still think he isn't far, just too scared to come out, or somebody brought him into their home.

My parents had a cat living under their deck for 5 days, who was an indoor only kitty that got out when visitors came to the door . The cat lived a few doors down and wouldn't come out when the owners called it during the day. My parents saw it through their basement window at 4AM and later found it under their deck. That's why I think it is important to look for your kitty at that time of day with a flashlight to peer under decks and to be able to hear if your kitty does let out a tiny mew when you call it.

I had one of my kitties give me a scare a couple of summers ago, when DH lost sight of him, for hours we looked for him, calling his name. He ended up being only feet away from our property in 3 feet long grass. Luckily I heard a tiny mew when I was only standing a foot away from him, he was so scared that he wouldn't come out of hiding even when I was a foot away calling him and that is so far from his normal character. Even when I parted the grass, he was crunched down, back to me, and would barely look at me. And this is a kitty that has outside (supervised of course) time and was only 50 feet from his favourite hunting spot. Kitties are funny creatures when they are scared.

Yes, please keep us updated, and GOOD LUCK

Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here and my neighbourhood for being so great and responding as well as they have. It's nice to know I have so much support and eyes helping me. As of yet we still haven't found our boy!! If anything I'm gaining more confidence as there are many animal lovers around me!! As well as gaining more knowledge about cats. Cheers to all!!
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Sending more your way!. Hopefully he will be wondering back soon

Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old April 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM

where in ajax did u lose this cat i have been seeing one go up and down my street kinda like that never comes near me though always too timid!
Old April 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Where I live

I live in the area of agate and rands and slater yes he is timid with strangers as I found him on the streets as a kitten. I pray that you have seen him. Thanks please let me know I will check this hour on hour wemiss him dearly.
Old April 27th, 2011, 08:59 AM

South Ajax

South Ajax westney and harwood area.
Old April 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM

South Ajax westney and harwood. Please give name of your street and numbers of houses you see him around and time you usually see this cat as I will come and see for myself if it is him. It is greatly appreciated.
Old April 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Mickey, my angel

Stephii has not come back to this forum since she posted yesterday. Hopefully she will return and check for responses.

that you will soon find your kitty.
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (13), Tweeky (6), and Sassy (7)

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Senior Contributor

Lots of good vibes going this way.
Old April 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks

Thank you mikischo and Big Ben I will let you all know thanks so much !!!
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:30 PM

I apologize BenMax for mistake in your name previously .
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM

Still missing

Just an update we are still missing our boy!! His sister is missing him badly too!! They were never seperated before this and he was her protector and playmate!!! Please if you have found him let us know he is deeply missed from his good home!! Thank you all for support given and help.