Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 14th, 2011, 01:26 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You can tell it's a nice sunny day when ........

.... the kitties are all lazing around enjoying the heat.
Minutes before I took this picture there had been about nine of them on their porch.
Name:  IMG_0902.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  103.8 KB
Even Heidi came out to enjoy the sun.
Name:  IMG_0904.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  74.6 KB
There are paths there. Just doesn't look that way from where I was standing to take the pictures.
Name:  IMG_0905.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  76.5 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Spare Cat and Ace chumming.
Name:  IMG_0906.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  98.9 KB
Neat optical illusion. Nipper looks like she's sitting on top of the fence. In actuality she is sitting on top of the grey guys' enclosure about 10 ft away from the fence.
Name:  IMG_0908.JPG
Size:  128.6 KB
Astro came out for some sun too.
Name:  IMG_0909.JPG
Size:  95.1 KB

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, come spring and my last of the papers are handed in, I will take a trip down to see you and the 14+ furballs. Ofcourse I will also, probably, maybe, leave you with 13+ furballs!!!!
Old January 14th, 2011, 02:56 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

It was nice and sunny here too today. What a great set up you and hubby have made there for these sweet sweet souls...they are so so lucky!

Don't look to be very stressed about anything, do they

Hope the winter is not too cold and that all the outside/feral cats everywhere will be comfy.

Great shots...thanks!

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow, what great shots. I have to agree they don't seem to have a care in the world.
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:49 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
14+, come spring and my last of the papers are handed in, I will take a trip down to see you and the 14+ furballs. Ofcourse I will also, probably, maybe, leave you with 13+ furballs!!!!
It will be nice to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
It was nice and sunny here too today. What a great set up you and hubby have made there for these sweet sweet souls...they are so so lucky!

Don't look to be very stressed about anything, do they

Hope the winter is not too cold and that all the outside/feral cats everywhere will be comfy.

Great shots...thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Wow, what great shots. I have to agree they don't seem to have a care in the world.
The only thing they worry about is whether or not their food slave is coming to feed them. They are a happy bunch mostly. All of them have their spots picked out in the house. The beds we added to the big house are being very well used this winter. I'm sure they are pretty cozy in there. The ones in the small enclosures all have tons of straw to curl up in. It's the best insulator for them. I can't use it in the big houses as some of the kitties think it's litter. Go figure.

Old January 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Senior Contributor

It was a beautiful day today,even Chico and Vinnie stayed outside longer with Hubs and Bailey and I enjoyed some snuggles on our deck.
More snow coming tomorrow though.
Even though I've been at your house several times,I always love to see pics of the kitties
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
Pick me up on your way please

I always love seeing pics of your catuary, I keep thinking what would have become of these had you not been there for them, it just brings tears to my eyes.

I want to know how you have so many cats that look like they are living in harmony and I can't even get four to get along .

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:19 PM

so many kitties just a question though, how did the cats in the frst picture get one the roof? it looks closed off?
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
It was a beautiful day today,even Chico and Vinnie stayed outside longer with Hubs and Bailey and I enjoyed some snuggles on our deck.
More snow coming tomorrow though.
Even though I've been at your house several times,I always love to see pics of the kitties
It was beautiful today. More snow forecast for this weekend. I hope not too much. I hate shoveling!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Pick me up on your way please

I always love seeing pics of your catuary, I keep thinking what would have become of these had you not been there for them, it just brings tears to my eyes.
I want to know how you have so many cats that look like they are living in harmony and I can't even get four to get along .
But it's taken lots of work to get it to that point. There are still a few little scuffles but it's big enough the kitties can get away from each other and pout. They soon get over it and join in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgiemama View Post
so many kitties just a question though, how did the cats in the frst picture get one the roof? it looks closed off?
LOL See the posts on their porch? And also the enclosure beside the house? They will either use the posts or climb the fencing to the top of the enclosures and up they go. On sunny days when there is no snow on the roof it is normally covered with kitties. It's a sight to see.

Old January 15th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
LOL See the posts on their porch? And also the enclosure beside the house? They will either use the posts or climb the fencing to the top of the enclosures and up they go. On sunny days when there is no snow on the roof it is normally covered with kitties. It's a sight to see.

What smart kitties !
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM
-

I love seeing photos of the cats in the Catuary 14k
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:59 PM
-

I love those pics ......they all look so content.
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:27 PM
Doggie Wench

Great photos . 14+, could you please remind me how Spare Cat got that name? Cute .
Old January 16th, 2011, 07:00 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks ladies. They make me very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Great photos . 14+, could you please remind me how Spare Cat got that name? Cute .
A couple of years ago when we just had the one small house and the very crappy fence he showed up in the catuary. I was almost positive he was one I had t/n/r a while before that. He didn't want to leave even though at that point the fence was so bad he could have. I pointed him out to hubby and his comment was - "Well, I guess that's your spare cat if you ever run out."
Neat thing - he left with Taz when the big house was being moved in and the fence was completely down. They both showed back up again. Both ferals. Can't get near either one. But they are happy and content to be there.