Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Breed characteristics and traits

Old September 16th, 2004, 02:02 AM

La Perm cats to cflat

The information that cflat posted regarding La Perm Cats has many parts in it that are very incorrect. A standard might help. Just for a tip, the first La Perm was founded in 86 and was a female curly coat named "Curly" Why was the other post taken off? That's weird.
Old September 16th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

The post you are talking about was removed because it's goal was PURELY commercial not personal, clearly not educational and violated the signup rules.

If you have any info about this breed, PLEASE post it.

The goal of this BB is education.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Old September 16th, 2004, 08:43 AM

What I posted was direct from a site with breed information. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information. I should have stated that as well as given the address. Yesterday was the first time I'd heard anything about a breed called La Perm.
Old September 16th, 2004, 09:15 AM

Oops, posted this in my original La Perm thread

But should have been posted here:

Upon further internet searching, I stand corrected.

The first La Perm was a farm cat named Curly, not a barn cat named Speedy. This should make all the difference in the world to the 11,000 homeless cats on Petfinder.

I think its one more fad breed, that will be bred recklessly to overpopulation chosen so that some human can show it off and feel special - oh that is until it scratches the furniture then it will be dumped back at the farm to fend for itself where it all began.

Pardon my thorough lack of excitement.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:59 AM

Exclamation umm......

"I think its one more fad breed, that will be bred recklessly to overpopulation chosen so that some human can show it off and feel special - oh that is until it scratches the furniture then it will be dumped back at the farm to fend for itself where it all began. "
its not a fad breed if you think that then i think you should look in to the breed again read the real website
http://w3.gorge.net/kloshe/
i have been around the cats for as long as i can remember i even remember curly she was the most loveable cat and her babies were as much if not more loveable and so on and my aunt thought they had something special about them thats why she kept them by the late 80's she had lots of them and in the 90's she took sunshine and a few others kittys to a cat show in CA and what did she find out she had a new strange breed of Cat's and linda has always loved her cats and for you to say its a fad breed is not just wrong, its kinda ronchie and if your a good cat lover your kitty should'nt scratch at your furniture and if you understand cats you know that might happenand if you wish to dump you cat off then you have a problem any kind of pet is a life long pet dam its part of your family i always finding homes for cats most are street cats and they deserver a home just as much as a high breed but for you to say that "oh that is until it scratches the furniture then it will be dumped back at the farm to fend for itself where it all began" thats so sad that you think like that it might of began at a farm but people who get a The Dalles LaPerm kitty wont just thro it away and they will not end at a barn there are truly different kind of cat .....i'm always showing off my sweet miss priss and her name is just what she is but i'm always telling people that cats and dogs are life long family friends and you just cant give them up

there might be 11,000 homeless cats on petfinder maybe its there faults the cats that is that there owener's dont know what it means to fix them.....!
but have you ever heard of getting your cat fixed? hmm.... don't get a cat unless you can take care of them for 10 to what 15 years hmm.....

arg!!!!!!
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:45 AM

Don't get too mad- this thread is super old.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Just for future reference - PARAGRAPHS and PUNCTUATION PLEASE!!

I nearly went blind trying to read that post.
Old April 18th, 2005, 12:40 PM

Agreed!

As for the comment about dumping cats and overpopulation--it's simply a fact. Not every person who can afford to buy a cat is actually a responsible pet owner.