Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior

Old September 12th, 2004, 02:42 PM

Help

undefined
I WAS WONDERING IF ANY ONE CAN HELP.
i have a ****zu poodle cross.... her name is sheba ... she is 9 months old and she is driving me nuts...
i cant potty train this thing to save my soal.... she is out side all day.. she pee,s out there... but she will hold her poop till she comes in the door... and craps on my carpet... besides bribing her with treats.... and prazing her ... and beating her... she still does it no matter what i do... and im real tired of cleaning up poop... ....... if any one has any tips ... PLEASE PLEASE HELP... OR ILL HAVE TO GIVE HER AWAY AND I DONT WANT TO .......she is a sweety and gets along great with the cat even tho the cat is bigger than her.. she,s so cuddly and i love her to peices .... but its driving me nuts...
thanks a bunch .. bebe
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Senior Contributor

If you mean seriously that you are beating this dog because you are not housetraining her, then you should find her a new home ASAP!! Abuse is NOT training.

Putting puppies outside all day does NOT housetrain them. You have to put a leash on and TAKE her out. Wait til she goes, and then praise her. When you can't watch her in the house, you must confine her.

This puppy should not be punished for your failures.
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Wow, the trolls are out in full force today...
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:21 PM

Smile territorial markings

sounds like your pup wants everyone to know it's her house...
we had a female cat that was into peeing on any scatter rug i owned... we ended up buy this wonderful spray that deters marking and/or defacating on surfaces... it doesn't harm the animals and actually has a pleasant odor for humans... it also removes pet urine odors that are otherwise very difficult to remove.... check your pet store for a product named "out" that worked well for us... good luck!!
Old September 12th, 2004, 03:53 PM
banned user

OMG I hope you don't hit your dog. Shih Tzu's can be hard to train maybe you should of read about them before getting one. My Shih Tzu is four and still hates to poop outside but he does do it outside cause I took the time to train him and teach him. Don't ever hit your pup poor thing will not know if she is coming or going. She is a baby and you as her parent should be teaching her in a postive way not scaring her. Start over and take her outside and tell her how good she is when poops outside, give her a treat if it takes hundred times for her to get it that is ok at least you are spending time with her and teaching her. After all that is your job. Good Luck