Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old September 8th, 2004, 04:30 PM

Moving to 27 acre farm ready to adopt

My wife and I are moving at the end of October to a 27 acre farm in Uxbridge. We currently have a 15 month old black lab that has expressed an interest in adopting a friend. He is not too particular on the breed, just looking for a companion that likes to play outside and can get along with the odd horse or ATV.
Old October 26th, 2004, 05:00 PM

Red siberian husky for adoption

Hi, I have a 2 yr old red, siberian, husky who's extremely friendly and playful and who has, unfortunately, outgrown our very small yard. He would be extremely happy with the extra space and the company! He loves dogs and running around.

He's a beautiful dog!!
Old October 26th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Why would you get a dog like that knowing it would grow to be a big dog???It outgrown your backyard?????????????So you are not gonna keep it??
Old October 26th, 2004, 06:38 PM

I have a problem

Yu are getting rid of your dog because it has outgrown your back yard!!!! That is so cruel. You seem so ready to just give your dog away so easily. Having a pet is a life time commmitment not to be taken lightly!! Think about your dog, and how upset and confused he/she wold be, being moved to a new place. Would you so readily give away a child? To me, it is the same thing!
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:50 PM

I own a 3 year old husky mix named Kain. He was our first dog as a couple...We never investigated breeds and we ended up with a dog with traits that were..well.. TRYING! he never came when he was called and if we opened the front door he would run out. We call him to COME and it is like he is deaf. Everyone we knew and that knew the dog said "Give that dog away" We tried everything..trainers, electric fences, etc.. Even after the birth of our first child, Kain was very jealous and afew times nipped at the baby ( never bit him) I still refused to give him away, I loved him too much. My point is that a dog is forever and we are glad we never gave him away because he is part of our family..forever. We now have 2 children: Hunter & Talia, 2 dogs Kain & Kris (Bernese mountain dog) and 2 acres fully fenced in for everyone to run around in.......... Huskies are very difficult to train and my advice to anyone wanting to get one is to ask yourself why you want one? Yes they are VERY beautiful...I have the MOST beautiful of them all But they need soo much space to run..etc. Look into the breed before you buy a puppy or dog.. I have seen one too many huskies at the local shelter..it's very sad.
Old November 5th, 2004, 11:25 PM

HI Terripeter
I volunteer with The Animal Guardian Society here in Durham region and we would be more than happy to help you find a new companion.
Please check out our website at www.animalguardian.org

Deanna
Old November 10th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Question could be good???

my dog is great with other dogs!! and cats!! she's just not so good with children--you can read the details on the B-board entitled "I need a new home" because of my soon to be toddler twins. Do you have children? If so then nevermind, I wouldn't want you to be in the same situation. I posted this becasue I would love to place her on a farm--with dog lovers of course.
Old November 10th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Senior Contributor

How about a yellow lab/hound mix

He is at the Uxbridge scugog Animal control centre

Travis

There are a few others there as well, you can also check the petfinders site for other dogs and locations......Cannington is but a 30 minute drive from Uxbridge depending where in Uxbridge you are
Old November 10th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Senior Contributor

jeese didn't take note on the date of the post ....did you find a dog?