Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old May 26th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Hating my new neighbors!

These ppl move in across the street, they have a beautiful handsome chocolate Lab named Magnum.
Since they've moved in, I've cleaned up his crap off my neighbors yard next to me twice. They don't have dogs and it's not fair to make them clean it up.
Magnum, has wandered off several times, and twice I've taken him home.
Well he got out again, I could tell cuz "Woody" (his owner looks and dresses like Woody from Toy Story) was out wandering around on Sunday. I went out and asked him if his dog wandered off again and he said yes and I offered to get dressed and help look for him. Then he went on to say he didn't give a f@*k, and if someone found him they can keep him, and so on and so on.
I was speechless, I just looked at him and shook my head. I couldn't believe it. I don't know why I am surprised, afterall their house is full of dead stuffed animals it's like a creepy morgue.
I went looking for Magnum on my own, but to no avail. When I finally came back home "Woody" came over to say his wife found him wandering down by the highway, called him a stupid mutt and a few other choice names. He said they moved from an acreage and Magnum is used to wandering.. I just looked at him and said glad his dog was safe. He asked me if I was out looking for him, and I just said I had to get inside and walked away. I was fuming.
I wanted to tell him that an acreage is a lot different than a busy town with busy roads, but I'm sure it would've fell on deaf ears anyway.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Senior Contributor

I have no patience for people who don't protect their dogs. And they usually get mad at the dog for not reasoning like a human. So many times I've wished that Cooper and Raven could understand at least the way a 2 year old does so that I could explain things to them but they aren't people. Okay they think they are, and we treat them like our babies, but still. We have to protect them. That's a huge part of having pets !
Old May 27th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Senior Contributor

LMPG,I soo understand your frustration,you cannot help caring about other animals in the neighborhood.
I have been told on many occasions"it's not your pet,why do you care?",but we have to speak up,if we know of neglect or abuse.
It always bothers me to no end and I just HAVE to do something.
This man seems to be a real jerk and I ask myself,why he has a dog in the first place
At least the pup has you,who cares,but one day he probably will end up under a car
Old May 27th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Show him this article I just posted. Maybe a little monetary concern would convince him to look after his dog? Maybe not.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....026#post922026
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypitgirls View Post
Then he went on to say he didn't give a f@*k, and if someone found him they can keep him, and so on and so on.
I would have asked him why the heck did he get a dog in the first place ? !!
Old June 3rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Update on Magnum.

Last night Magnum, tried to wander off again, this time however he only made it across the busy intersection before "Woody" realized it.
Traffic stopped for Magnum who seemed confused as to what he should do, "Woody" went out into the intersection and grabbed him.
Then he lifted Magnum up by his collar so his back feet were barely touching the ground, shook him and then dropped him down and kicked him hard a couple times! I watched, my blood boiling I yelled across the street, "Yeah that's right tuff guy, beat your dog for your lack of ability to train him, for your lack of responsibility!" To which I received a one finger salute.
I told him if I see that happen again I will report him to bylaw,( I've got my video camera by the front window ready to record), I'll catch the creep hitting his dog and then I will work feverishly to make sure the dog is apprehended and sent somewhere safe.
If I catch him wandering, I'll drive Magnum to the other end of the province if I have to, to make sure they don't get him back. He's not microchipped or tatooed, I asked that the last time he went missing.
I am seething, I wanna just grab "Woody" and give him a taste of his own medicine.
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)

Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

LMPG,I sooo understand how you feel,been there myself
The frustration,the anger,worry about the dog and having to deal with a jerk owner,can give you sleepless nights,which will only be cured when you know the dog is safe
I hope you'll have a solution soon
Old June 3rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
Senior Contributor

if only you could ship him to ontario, I'm sure I could find him a good home.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 08:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
LMPG,I sooo understand how you feel,been there myself
The frustration,the anger,worry about the dog and having to deal with a jerk owner,can give you sleepless nights,which will only be cured when you know the dog is safe
I hope you'll have a solution soon
You are right it is extremely frustrating, especially when you see the sadness in the dogs eyes, it's obvious he doesn't understand the angry being doled upon him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
if only you could ship him to ontario, I'm sure I could find him a good home.
Ohhh I so wish! Ya never know....
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)

Old June 4th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I would absolutely grab that dog and take him in at the very first opportunity. That's not theft. It's rescue !!

Why does the idiot even want a dog if he's going to not care about the dog's safety and mistreat it??
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Senior Contributor

What an A-hole! I swear, if you know you can't be responsible, then why get a pet? Too bad someone can't kick him a little. I hope Magnum wanders into a better life. He deserves it for having to live with the losers he does.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old June 4th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm in a panic when we sit on the deck because there are owls out and the doggies are small. Also, Raven is a mighty hunter and who knows what would happen if a rogue squirrel ran by. Cooper doesn't do the steps so if I keep my eye on the sky and watch out for predators he's okay. Raven must be set up with a good length of leash, and there has to be fresh water out there, and a shaded area and a treat or two.

Takes me 20 minutes to safety proof the deck and this idiot kicks his dog !?!?!?!?!?
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:14 AM

what a jerk!
I hope the dog escapes and finds a good home. Jeez, some people are just so stupid.

Jenny, the one I grew up with
Shani, the one who brought me the greatest joy
Casimir, who left far too soon
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM

In CA you can report anything you deem abuse to an animal and the animal cops will come and check on the dog and the yard for escapes...you might give that a try....that kind of stuff just makes me irrate! I have called on my neighbors dogs a few times. I have seen his dogs have skin issues, cry(so sad), be bred over and over again w/o being cared for...made me so mad so I called and they took his dogs. Now he has more but they are a different breed. I'm begining to see the same behavior starting with the older two minus being bred, they have an interest now in pits...so needless to say I'm gonna be watching...
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Investigative researcher

Been there--took the dog for a long ride to a rescue. People came and accused me of stealing the dog. I said I hadn't seen it. They fumed. BUT they did not replace the dog. I think they knew what would happen if they did.