Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 17th, 2010, 08:02 AM

i've been collecting a big box filled with other little boxes for about 3 days now. i play on making a huge cat house kinda thing for her. with mazes and clear parts, i want it to be three levels high, like up to my head.

only problem is that theres a possibility of insects inhabiting the area.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Kitty pimp

only problem is that theres a possibility of insects inhabiting the area.
why?

and thats just more for kit to play with
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:20 AM

wait, im getting the notion that thats a good thing.

some bugs can cause irritation. some bugs could carry viruses, right?

i dont want kiko to eat bugs. its eaten a fly before and i was like

anyhow. SSS used to eat lizards lol.

im so different then before. despite SSS been gone, i've learned a lot more about cats through my experience with him AFTER he left. which is weird, but it basically made lots of sense having had experience with one cat.

but anyways, before i didnt care, i'd try and get him to eat any intruders of vicinity(sp.?).

i've had him eat two lizards before. its those small ones that arent any bigger than yor palm.
the ones that dispose of their tail to distract the prey.

anyhow, i wouldnt let kiko do that.

but if its ok?

i've got to admit, this has caught me off gaurd.

please do explain with insects thing.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Kitty pimp

lol
why and what kind of insects?
most cats i have known dont eat them just play or squish them
lmao sss was a cat and u fed your cat lizards?
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Senior Contributor

SSS,I love those little Lizards!
My cats play with bugs and sometimes eat them,they know enough to stay away from bees and also don't touch ants.
Butterflies is their favourite,but I don't let them catch them,we have too few Butterflies as it is.

Before,I meant to tell you,not to hit her when she bites,cats don't understand that and biting with their little baby-teeth is just the kitten-thing to do,if you don't like her biting,get a stick,tie on some rope and she'll love chasing it.
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM

ooh man, i used to let SSS eat whatever kind of insect intruder there was. unless it was something like a beatle. i mean, we used to have crickets come in the house and chirp. but SSS wasnt that brave, i remember quite well how he got intimidated by one of the crickets we showed him. a mouse got in once, and he took care of it.

but yeah, i remember him eating lizards twice.he would play with it, and chomp on it with his mouth, but like kinda the same chomping of when your playing. but then he suddenly would start to eat it and bite real hard.

but now im getting the notion that its ok? lol.

since flies are pollinators, i dont want the dirt they have on their wings or where ever to get in kiko.

but i guess i should just leave kiko to do her own thing with the bugs then.

OH, the anus infection thing is dissipating. its almost completely gone.
Old May 19th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Unless it's a toxic bug or one that carries diseases (such as mosquitos and biting flies or something - though they generally pass on bloodborne pathogens by sticking their mouth in the animal, not by the animal eating them), it's not a problem. My cats eat bugs all the time. When moths get in the house they eat them. One of my cat LOVES the big crickets that sometimes get in the house. It's just protein and animals would eat that stuff in the wild anyway.
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Catlover2

Glad to hear Kiko's back end thingy is better, but you should still get Kiko to the vet for her shots and worming, and a checkup.

Cats are pretty instinctive when it comes to eating "bugs" or reptiles or other small animals. When I had 2 neuters that were indoor/outdoor cats quite a few years ago now, they were always catching something when we lived in a semi-rural property.....mice, voles, baby rabbits, birds, grasshoppers, praying mantis, and one in particular liked garter snakes. The worst catch was a weasel that gashed one cat's throat with its teeth and had to be stitiched and get antibiotics, but you know that cat managed to catch a weasel again...don't know if it was the same one, but he killed it the second time. These cats never went after racoons which sometimes came on the porch and drank their water or skunks (have more sense than dogs in going after one of those!), but they did leave certain beetles alone when they found out they tasted bad, also big ants and bees/hornets/wasps all of which they likely learned can give a nasty sting.
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:59 AM

ok, so what i did with SSS wasnt bad at all. should just let kiko do her thing and shouldnt worry about insects getting into the boxes.

anyhow, im still planning on getting her checked into the vet, and ill still tell the vet about the anus area infection.

good news. im moving from the second floor to the bottom floor of the house. theres a room therer with a washroom. the room has a window like 2 meters away from kikos room. so im gonna make a little latter kinda thing on the outside and inside of the window so it can come in and out.

my mom doesnt want me putting its litter box in my washroom, or have it run in the house. but this is awsome, because i have an AC in there too. i dont like kiko being in a non cooled place.

ill start moving my things in about...... now lol.

im gonna post some pics of Qashmoon (my friends sad cat).
they should be back today from Qatar.
ill still check up on it if he doesnt give me a call.

anyhow, i gotta go move my stuff

any suggestions as to how i could kitty proof my room? any no-no's?
something in particular i should do? is it ok if it jumps on my bed or? i dont know i'd just like to know beforehand thass' all.

******UPDATE*****

Kiko now has close to a 24 hours access into my room. its downstairs now. my window is like 1 meter away from her room. so if the window is open, whenever she wants she can come in. though, i think i should only let her in while im here.

Last edited by Sew-sew-steve; May 20th, 2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Catlover2

SSS, don't worry about the insects, Kiko will find out what's good to eat and what isn't, altho scorpions might not be a good idea if you have any of those around?

Your new bedroom sounds like a wonderful arrangement for you and Kiko to really bond. About kitty coming on the bed....Coming on the bed isn't a problem unless you don't want her on it, but suggest you decide beforehand whether or not you want her sleeping with you or not, as that's what she'll want to do. My cats don't get to sleep with hubby and me. They're too disruptive to our sleep----sometimes they'll want to play and jump all over you while you're sleeping or really want their breakfast early and bug you at 4 am or until you wake up and feed them. Better to have her routine established than let her get used to sleeping with you and then decide you can't stand it---especially if you plan on getting her a playmate---2 cats playing tag on your bed while you're tryng to sleep doesn't work! Usually I have a nap sometimes in afternoon or before dinner, and I do let my cats have a snuggle time then and they look forward to it.

As to kitten proofing your room.....a lot of kitties when they start teething, and she will be soon, like to chew on stuff, like electrical wires, so you'll have to watch out for something like that. A deterrent spray like "Bitter Apple" works well, but may not be available in Kuwait, but you could substitute rubbing lemon peel on wires. One of my cats is a bad shoelace eater---so watch out for anything like that or thread or string---not good for them to eat as can cause bowel blockage and then you'd be looking at a big $$$ vet bill. Watch out for things like glass that are breakable that she might knock off something. Think of it as babyproofing a room.

Have fun.
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:30 AM

As long as you don't mind sleeping with a cat, it is fine for her to jump on and off the bed. In fact, she will probably love having someone to cuddle with when she finally wears herself out with playing. It may take her some time to realize it, but most cats decide humans make great pillows.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM

haha thanks you guys. i've got my room all done, and i've settled in.

my room's window is 1 metre away from where she stays.
so i just yell "kliko!" and she meows like crazy, then finally gets the courage to get up the wood strip you seen in my walkthrough video and up inside my room. i leave the window open but with the shutters or screens when i leave the room, so she can atleast chill outside but cool off. though she doesnt do it thus far. shes right behind me right now playing around, just stopped her from chewing on an expensive shirt i have lol!

anyhow, as for kitten/baby proofing the room, all im worried about is her getting eletricuted. the electricity here is twice as powerful as in canada. its no joke. a toddler in canada might survive a shock, but in kuwait, i dont think theres a chance, thats why theres on and off switches next to each outlet.

anyhow, for my computer and other things, i've put the wires all on the desk, and basicallyputthem up high.

i wont let her chill in the room unless im here. even if the outlets switch is on off. anyhow, i think its about time i brought in the 6-7 boxes i've picked up from work!

OH, and today is the last day Qashmoon (my friends 10 year old calico) is alone!

i was with her, and i guess i teased her too much, but she basically slowly made contact with my finger and she freakin cut it. i got so irritated.just squeezed like 7 drops of blood worth to get rid of any bacteria or virus or w.e, and then rinsed it, and washed it with shampoo.

but shse an indoor cat with an outdoor litter, and he tells me she gets her shots. so im alright. lol kiko is climbing up and down my lounge chair haha.

anyhow,i guess ill just make her go outside when its time to sleep but leave the window open with the screen infront of it.

Last edited by Sew-sew-steve; May 20th, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
i got so irritated.just squeezed like 7 drops of blood worth to get rid of any bacteria or virus or w.e, and then rinsed it, and washed it with shampoo.
I just wanted to say, with a bite or scratch, immediately wash it with hand soap and then put alcohol on it. If it's really bad you might want to put some triple-antibiogic gel on it. Cats, like any animal, do carry bacteria on their claws and in their mouth, and scratches and bites are just part of owning a cat. Sometimes it happens on accident.
Also cleaning the litterbox a lot will help with bacteria because the cat won't be walking in their own waste nearly as much.

Whatever you do, do not wrap or cover the cut or bite. It needs to breathe, and covering it will just allow bacteria to grow easier. If you feel you might get dirt in it cover it loosely with a bandaid.

Not trying to scare you. It's just part of cat ownership and you should know what to do should it happen. It's unlikely you'll get a serious infection as long as you take care to clean the wound properly. I've had cats my whole life (that's 25 years) and I've had LOTS of scratches and bites and never an infection. But I'm very meticulous about immediately cleaning wounds and so were my parents when I was young.

As far as scratching goes, you can save a lot of pain by clipping the claws. You do not want to cut past the quick (the pink part that's alive and you can see it inside the claw. It would be like cutting the skin underneath your fingernail. It will be greatly painful to the cat if you cut this part). If you need advice on this just ask, and I'm sure there are vids online that show how to do it too. Your vet also may know how to do this properly.
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Catlover2

Ditto for what MBIE said....really important! always wash a bite or scratch with soap and water immediately, and put on some Polysporin or Polytopic Antibiotic Ointment for good measure. Cat infections can be nasty. Learned my lesson the hard way. Had a cat bite hard and puncture my finger as I was putting him in a carrier and he didn't want to go in it as I had to take him to the vet, and I was so anxious to get cat to vet (this was the one the weasel bit his throat) that I didn't take the time to treat the bite. Next day had a very painfull purple swollen finger, and yes I had to get anitibiotic shots and medication from my doc.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:04 AM

MBIE thanks,

but after i rinsed it and squeezed the blood out, i used shampoo, not the same? or does it not work either? i couldnt find handsoap, which makes sense considering they were leaving.

anyhow, i did put a bandaid on it tightly so that it doesnt bleed, too much blood was comming out. its about 3cm long and its really thin. its juts a slit.

anyhow, its not bleeding now. i did keep the pinky tight for like 20 minutes and then made it loose, then soon after that i just took it off.

may come as stupid to some of you, but after taking the necissary precautions (washing, etc...) i just focused on visualizing it was going to be clean and infection free. basically i rejected any idea of it being bad.

works when im sick, i just reject the reality and what do you know? by the end of the day or the next day im fine. this is when the sickness would last for 3 days.

anyhow, i will say this works towards a certain extent, just makes you stronger i believe, or i should say, it tells your body to work harder or communicate what you want with it. it all depends on how i am mentally.

this has nothing to do with my religion, just what i've took from reading things here and there.

you said they walk around in their fecies basically.

well i dont know if i want her in my room if this is how it is.
i take the liberty of wiping her paws with some dry or wetted tissues to get rid of dust or whatever she stepped on while she was comming to my room from outside. shes behind me right now playing on the lounge chair.65555555

lol she typed those numbers after i called her, shes on my shoulder right now, so things are comming along well. i will say she only jumps on my lap and stuff when i call her over and pat my lap.

shes got large clumps of fecies in her litter box.

i've been feeding her 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of cooked rice, mixed with an egg yolk and some water.

she eats it, matter of fact, she loves the egg yolk and water mix more then the rice itself, but she eats it.

i guess thats why shes pooping lar]\g 874
d

i guess thats why shes pooping larg0

i guess thats why shes got large clumps in her litter box.

i've been feeding her that 3 times a day now, once at 6ish, once at either noon or at 3 PM, and lastly at 6-8 pm.

yesterday when i let her in, i just shut the lights and went to bed, she immediatly come on my bed and started to purr.
but she started to suckle on herself lol. so shes find a good spot to curl up and suckle on herself.
fortunetly, the infection is too small now for her to even suckle on. but its there.

also, shes behind me suckle herself right now, i went over and her whole genitle area is wet. i dont know what shes doing. do cats eat their fecies?

wait, i spoke too soon. its back, but not as red, its the same colour as her skin. the thing is, shes been suckling herself for 10 minutes now and i didnt even notice, her genitle area is even wetter now, and her mouth is wet too, looks almost like how a messy eating kid after have a big plate of spaghetti infront of him/her.

Last edited by Sew-sew-steve; May 21st, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
do cats eat their fecies?
That's a rarity. Almost unheard of. I've never encountered a cat that did that. I would stop her from suckling on herself any way possible because it's only leading to inflammation and possible infection. Can you find her something else she might like to suckle on? A wet cloth might do it. Otherwise the vet is probably going to recommend an elizabethan collar so she can't get to the spot, which she'll absolutely hate while she has to wear it.

Quote:
but after i rinsed it and squeezed the blood out, i used shampoo, not the same? or does it not work either? i couldnt find handsoap, which makes sense considering they were leaving.
Shampoo and handsoap are generally about the same ingredients. You do need to sanitize the are with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide though. You may reject the reality of being sick, but people have actually died before from simple cuts or bites from dirty objects (not just cats and dogs, wounds in general) because they did not sanitize the area. A staph infection can be fatal. It is rare, but it is a reality that it can happen. Even if you don't get a staph infection any infection can be pretty painful and cause damage.
Take this from someone that has family members and friends that work in hospitals. Infections from injuries are not a rarity, even if they're not always serious.

Quote:
i've been feeding her 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of cooked rice, mixed with an egg yolk and some water.

she eats it, matter of fact, she loves the egg yolk and water mix more then the rice itself, but she eats it.
I do hope you mean along with her cat food

I ask this because people have made their cats become nutritionally deficient and ill trying to prepare their own diets, and rice and egg isn't a balanced diet for a cat. They need the correct amount of protein and they need taurine to process it, which isn't present in what you're giving her.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:34 AM

no i ment the rice and egg yolk alone. i am aware that its not sufficient enough when it comes to nutrients, but it'll have to do till tomorrow. since thats when i get my paycheck and i can buy her a few cans.

my problem is that i keep forgetting it outside for over 3 hours. i mean when i open it after i remember, you can feel some heat escaping.

anyhow, about my arm, i have a slightly numb sensation up near my shoulder. its on my left arm btw if that matters.

you know the sensation of when you sleep in your arm, and when the blood circulation is almost back to 100% but you can still feel the numbness. thats what i feel right now. should i just use detol to sanitize it?
like i said, it only helps towards a certain extent, rejecting it alone isnt enough. thats why i washed it in the first place. but anyhow, how would i sanitize it? i mean, wouldnt it have been in my blood stream by now?
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:39 AM
Senior Contributor

SSS, you simply can't feed a cat that kind of diet even for a few days. I can't advocate what you're doing no matter the excuse . I know you have reasons, but you really really need to try to get a hold of ANY kind of cat food, even if it's the cheap dry stuff and you can't afford canned.

The rice is nearly useless because it's simple carbs which cat's don't really digest, and the egg can't properly be digested without taurine which comes from bones/meat. They also need calcium for proper bone growth and health. This is ESPECIALLY necessary to younger kittens which are still growing.

Cats can become nutritionally deficient within a few days. They are strict carnivores and they need protein and the means to digest it (taurine) plus calcium. Nutritional deficiency can lead to blindness and death. It also compromises the immune system which leaves her open to infection.

Last edited by MyBirdIsEvil; May 21st, 2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:49 AM

damn, i thought it would compensate for a few days.

its not really money thats the problem, its that my parents wont let me go for some reason. mainly because it gets really hot and theres like 10 car accidents a day here.

but today im gonna get her some. i didnt know it would be this bad. thanks for the heads up.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:50 AM
Senior Contributor

This article is short and to the point, describing exactly what components cats need in their diet to thrive.

http://cats.about.com/od/catfoodandn...sfoodneeds.htm
Old May 21st, 2010, 03:02 AM

thanks for the link, very informative.

question though, in an ideal environment, would a cat get all of its daily necessities when it comes to nutrients and such?

if someone made a cat rehabilitation centre, and made sure there was 100% water, healthy prey, healthy temperature, greens and everything.

would they get their 100% necessities on their own?
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:15 AM
Catlover2

In an ideal environment....Who knows? perhaps yes maybe no? The fact is the average life span of a feral cat living on its own is only 3 yrs. Whether it dies from respiratory diseases, infections from bites/scratches or nutritional deficiencies in its diet would be hard to determine. Average life span of indoor cats is 13-18 yrs., with 30+yrs. being the oldest. http://www.cat-world.com.au/cat-world-records

I realize it's difficult for you to get out to buy cat food with sandstorms etc., but feeding egg yolk and rice + some cooked meat is ok "in a pinch" for a day or two, but still it's not a balanced a diet as canned cat food and which should be her regular diet as MBIE has suggested. Perhaps a bag of dry no-grain kibble if you can buy it there would be better than the egg-rice diet for those few times you run out of canned food, but in such a hot climate the canned is still the best.

As to your arm, did you sleep on it and that's why it's numb? I know hubby's arm sometimes goes numb if he does that or sleeps with it over his head. But this is a very temporary condition and soon is back to normal. Usually the infection starts at the bite site, but I'm not a nurse or doc so not sure. But if you arm isn't back to normal, you should see a doc, don't try and visualize it away, as you may have the beginning of an infection as bacteria could already be in your bloodstream, and you'll need an antibiotic to cure it.
Or it could be a pinched nerve from lifting down some heavy boxes or something, but don't gamble with your health and have it checked out by a doc.

Important to keep a clean litter box too. Scoop litter box once a day minimum, and change litter completely every 3 wks. is probably about right for 1 kitten.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:04 PM

i havent had Kiko for over three weeks yet. atleast i dont think. well it depends on my original post, which was like 1-2 days after i got kiko. so that makes it two weeks now shes been using the litter, so ill buy her a new one hopefully. i do a minimum one day scoop check and see if theres any lumps. sometimes ill do it twice, but atleast once, usually twice.

visualizing only works to a certain extent, i wouldnt rely on it solely. otherwise, i would have never washed it.
but the weird sensation is gone. had it stayed longer, i would have checked up with the doctor, thank you guys for the suggestions.

kiko loves being in my room now, but since its got poop residue on its anus, i didnt let her in, instead, i left the screen closed, and i put a shirt of mine so she can rest on it. may sound mean, but she already got a tiny bit of poo on my bed blanket, thats in the washer now and im left blanketless.

anyhow, shes got some yellowish poo on her anus, i picked her up and let some water on her anus, it washed away, and sure enough, it came back.

i got two cans of cat food, and i now have a mini fridge thats empty so i put them in there now.

i took two styrofoam cups, and put a heap in each, with some water too, so i can quickly give it to it tomorrow morning, and so the maid can give kiko her noon meal.

anyhow, i think the poop thing will go away once the egg and rice has passed through her system.

lets see whats on my list after i get my paycheck tomorrow:

-cat check up / shots

- litter box

- cat food

thats it, anything else i should get?
toys i can make at home.
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Catlover2

Her yellowish poop is because of her diet change, and once she's back on the canned food it should be firmer and normal colour. Thanks for washing her backside, as cats will not eat feces (unlike dogs) or usually avoid stepping in it. That's why it was on her paws and bum and wasn't cleaned off by her.

Have a gr8 wknd....its a holiday wknd here, warm temps, yesterday was 32C but a bit cooler today.

Take care and keep cool.

Last edited by catlover2; May 21st, 2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Correction: 32C=90F not 32F--- warm here!
Old May 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM

thanks a lot catlover, you have a good holiday!
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Sounds like you're learning how to be a responsible cat owner
It's hard for some of us to realize how much there is to learn about taking care of a cat when you're starting with no information. Most of us have had cats for a long time.

Thanks for rescuing this little girl.

The soft feces issues will clear up after she's back on cat food for a little while.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 08:36 AM

thanks for the recognition, im very much thankfull for those of you who were kind enough to be patient with me.

im very greatful. i'll definetly spread the information i've learned from on here to others.

PS: someone wants to give me a siamese cat, he said its kinda big, i dont know if that will be a good match for kiko or not. i can still decline, but if i do get her, i hope they can get along. also, i cant do more than 2 cats at once.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Catlover2

Altho Siamese are very active intelligent cats and loving to their owners they are very noisey with non-stop chatting and loud raucous meowing, demanding of attention, may dislike strangers.

IMHO I don't think an adult Siamese would be a suitable playmate for Kiko, or perhaps for you. Why does this "someone" want to get rid of their cat? That's the question? Usually when someone want to get rid of their pet, there's 'something' wrong with it they don't like or maybe a legitimate reason like severe allergies. Kiko is already showing she's a dominant, feisty kitty which a lot of calicos are and altho she may be OK as a kitty when she's mature might be incompatible with an equally domiant Siamese. You've already experienced your neighbour's "Ooshmoon"'s temperament. A more suitable playment for Kiko is another kitty around the same age as Kiko.

Last edited by catlover2; May 22nd, 2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:14 PM

im sorry, i was missinformed.

http://www.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=...B2%D9%8A%D9%87

theres a pictures of it.

you bring up a good point though, each cat has its own special needs per se. i dont know if i can supply both of their needs.

heres the dialogue:

"im gonna bring you a "sheeraziya"(the name in kuwaiti) cat"
"oh really? awsome!" (i say this depsite not knowing what kind of cat it is, even though i've heard it multiple times)
"how old is it?"
"heck if i should know haha"
"boy or girl?"
"i dont know! im not into animals!"
"then where are you brining it from?"
"my friend is giving it to me"

here, a hinderance with animals is different then in canada.

they just dont care as much as people in canada do. so the problem might not be as legitimate as you stated, but it might not be as bad as you (the receiver of the gift) might think it would be.

i dont understand why it was me, maybe because the guy who wants to bring it to me thinks im obsessed with cats, well i am in kikos case its basically all i talk about with them. btw, this guy is like 50 years old, i chill with older people on my break from work because its close to home. also, i learn a lot(not animal wise ofcourse.) but thy are fond of me, they alll know my dad and stuff, so i guess he wants it for me as a present.

this is how common a sheeraziya is in conversations here:
"i have a cat"
"really? what kind? is it a sheeraziya?"

that comes up so much, its like popular here, and i've never known what kind it was till i searched it up on google. whats your take on this?
Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
Catlover2

Sheeraziya??? When I google it the only thing that comes up for me is listed under "World of Urdu Poetry"....maybe the name of a poet? Nothing mentioned about cats.

Your google link of photos shows mostly longhaired Persian mix kittens, or what I'd call an old-style Persian, with not as extreme pushed-in face as our modern North American Persians. Persians or Persian mixes are usually quiet, laid back, sweet playful cats, but do require daily combing to keep them free of mats.

The problem with getting a cat "from a guy" is that you have no idea about anything of the kitten/cat if it's had health check, shots, wormed, spayed/neuterd, temperament, etc. It would be much better to get one from an established shelter that knows something about the kitten.
http://www.paws-kuwait.org/
http://www.animalfriendskuwait.org/a...imal/adopt-cat
http://cat.rescueme.org/kw

Last edited by catlover2; May 22nd, 2010 at 02:41 PM.