Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old April 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM

Catastrophy

Hello fine-feathered friends~

Some of you may have read and assisted me on my cat dilemma w/my prince male cat Desi's attacks on me and my female cat. I am here now to ask opinions of the med he's been subscribed today (Fluoxetine) as well the affects of the shots. I notice that they are lethargic tonight and as I have always had the vaccinated, do not remember this behavior. I have read that is not good however, Rabies and Distemper are by law, I wonder what shots only need be administered every three years?!

Today has been a trying day, getting them into the cages and the drive over there, and I have also started Desi on his meds today...he has been sleeping on the couch for several hours now and I'm getting concerned, since this is unusual, (never goes on the couch, always roaming) will he snap out of it? Upon more investigation, I have heard about "cat intuitives" and am thinking about giving that a shot- I miss my kittie > All opinions on this appreciated.
Old April 18th, 2010, 06:30 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Have you had a rabies titer taken lately? Does your area accept those in lieu of the rabies vaccine? Once past 7 pets don't need to be vaccinated as often. Morre info on the titer .....
http://www.squidoo.com/rabiesvaccine

As for the lethargy - that's what that med is supposed to do. Along with all of the shots today it's kind of a double whammy to his system. Once he levels out he should somewhat recover back to himself but he will always be a lot more mellow while on the meds.
Seriously, IMO, I would have tried other methods of controlling his aggression than putting him on a medication right away. One of which would have been keeping him away from windows where he couldn't see the triggers that may have been setting him off. JMO

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 18th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Catlover2

Please don't post in another thread, as this isn't an "Introduce Yourself" and it's getting confusing....where will I have to look next?

You've already got same topic going in 2 threads in the "Discussion Groups--mainly Cats & Dog" under threads "Worst Case Scenario..."etc. and "How to Deal With a Mean Cat". So I leave my comments under "How to Deal With a Mean Cat".
Old April 18th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Catastrophy

Ok - gotcha...I am getting confused as well. Somebody suggested startng a new thread, so that's what I did, but certainly should have been from the beginning