Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:37 AM

Bear Likes Pickles?

Hmmm... I know they say your pets start to take after you after a while and maybe this is the case with Bear. One of the most important parts of my daily diet includes pickles and he seems to think his does too! He always tries to snatch them out of my hand and puts his head(very slying) close to my hands whenever a pickle is around. I found this strange because everytime any other animal has smelt my pickles they jerk their head away and back away... I dont give him any and wondering if a little bit of pickle here and there would be a bad thing for Bear since its high with salts and such? .. Silly thing to ask I know... Its just those big brown eyes! everytime Im eating one they get me to wondering if he can have a little.. tee hee... Thanks guys!
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Does he just want them or will he eat them. That is funny. The other day I dropped an olive on the floor and Meat Loaf ran over and ate it and than looked at me like mom that was nasty why did you let me do that.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old September 2nd, 2004, 12:21 PM

Hahaha.. no he wants to eat them! I just find it strange.. every since I was little Ive been addicted to pickles and when I had pets growing up I always tried to feed my pickles to them and they always looked at me like I was crazy and would back away. Are they bad for him? He worse when I have a pickle in my hand than when I have a piece of meat. He gets excited when he hears me open the jar! He actually ate the end of a pickle once, I had a napkin and the end of the pickle was in the napkin and I placed the napkin next to me. A few minutes later I forgot it was there and got up to get something. I didnt even notice he ate it until I got up to the throw the napkin away and it wasnt there anymore! Ever since then hes a fanatic about them! Just didnt know if it was a bad idea to give him any...
Old September 2nd, 2004, 12:23 PM

Or maybe he doesnt like meat because one of the first times I was eating meat in front of him I put an onion by his nose and he jerked away and left. Maybe he remembers that lol.. Crazy dog..