Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:57 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Puppy Trouble

my just poop out a milk like substance!!! is that bad??????? i'm hand rearing puppies the my dog doesn't want to feed them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:06 AM
rainbow's Avatar
rainbow rainbow is offline
-
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful BC's Kootenay Country
Posts: 34,759
Have you contacted your breeder/mentor ......what does she/he have to say?

If you are a backyard breeder then I would be taking the puppies to your vet asap and getting the mom spayed right away as well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
mastifflover's Avatar
mastifflover mastifflover is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,007
Well said these pups should see a vet asap.
__________________
Robin
A dog has so many friends because they wag their tails not their tongues.
R.I.P. Buddy 2002-2008 The best Mastiff ever.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:25 AM
LavenderRott's Avatar
LavenderRott LavenderRott is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Have you contacted your breeder/mentor ......what does she/he have to say?

If you are a backyard breeder then I would be taking the puppies to your vet asap and getting the mom spayed right away as well.
Merry Christmas.

I am sure the OP will NOT be back for any kind of follow-up and no further chance to educate. Unless, of course, she is the type to also post her opinion of you, no holds barred, and she will then be slammed for being rude.
__________________
Sandi
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:42 AM
BenMax BenMax is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
Merry Christmas.

I am sure the OP will NOT be back for any kind of follow-up and no further chance to educate. Unless, of course, she is the type to also post her opinion of you, no holds barred, and she will then be slammed for being rude.
Why not try to educate now in case this person decides to navigate? It's never too late. Can you help this OP out with some information? I am certain that you have valuable information.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:47 AM
LavenderRott's Avatar
LavenderRott LavenderRott is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Why not try to educate now in case this person decides to navigate? It's never too late. Can you help this OP out with some information? I am certain that you have valuable information.
It would depend on several factors and my best advice would be to contact a vet.

But jumping right on someone and telling them that if they are a backyard breeder they should run to the vet's office and have their bitch spayed, sure isn't very friendly nor very helpful.

I understand that the members of this forum are very much a pro spay/neuter bunch - IMHO, some of the members here come off like screaming lunatics any time someone mentions a problem with a puppy. Not only does it keep people from coming back but it keeps away some members who DO have valueable advice to offer.
__________________
Sandi
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM
BenMax BenMax is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
It would depend on several factors and my best advice would be to contact a vet.

But jumping right on someone and telling them that if they are a backyard breeder they should run to the vet's office and have their bitch spayed, sure isn't very friendly nor very helpful.

I understand that the members of this forum are very much a pro spay/neuter bunch - IMHO, some of the members here come off like screaming lunatics any time someone mentions a problem with a puppy. Not only does it keep people from coming back but it keeps away some members who DO have valueable advice to offer.
I have to say that you have always been one of my favourite reads. I have to also tell you that at times you do come out pretty aggressive in your beliefs as well. If anything, I did not read the post by Rainbow as a screaming lunatic. Infact, since you are aware that most of us are dealing daily with a downhill battle of unwanted, abandoned abused animals, one would think that you would understand why certain 'undesireable' things may poop out of someone's mouth per say.

So everyone agrees that the OP should see a vet. Great advice.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:10 AM
LavenderRott's Avatar
LavenderRott LavenderRott is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I have to say that you have always been one of my favourite reads. I have to also tell you that at times you do come out pretty aggressive in your beliefs as well. If anything, I did not read the post by Rainbow as a screaming lunatic. Infact, since you are aware that most of us are dealing daily with a downhill battle of unwanted, abandoned abused animals, one would think that you would understand why certain 'undesireable' things may poop out of someone's mouth per say.

So everyone agrees that the OP should see a vet. Great advice.
Thank you. And you are right, I have had my moments. I try to keep them few and far between, however. Having worked at a small shelter and held puppies and kittens while they are euthanized, I am well aware of what people in rescue do and I also firmly believe that all shelter/rescue animals should be speutered before adoption and that backyard breeders are something that we need to work to educate and stop.

No. I don't think that Rainbow's post came off like a screaming lunatic. But go back and read every thread on the forum about puppy issues. Once someone throws out the "spay your bitch" card, it is down hill from there and usually pretty quickly. Any chance to educate the OP is gone and it usually ends up being a knock down, drag out slug fest.
__________________
Sandi
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 24th, 2009, 11:27 AM
BenMax BenMax is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,191
Agreed Lavenderott. But (of course there is a but) with all the education, with all the news articles and coverage, looking at all the statitical data from shelters and pounds that publish how many killed every year (and those are the ones that wish to be transparent) - one would wonder WHY spaying and neutering is not done. I think that this is the frustration among those that are pro spay and neuter.

I have personally brought many unwanted pets over the bridge. Far more than I wish to even publish while working at a shelter years ago. I burnt out completely. It was such a difficult thing to do as I had to carry the burdeon of irresponsible people on my shoulders just as you have done...and many others here. It's something that remains for you forever. It never goes away.

Because there are so many threads dealing with this topic, the frustration continues to rise as it is evident that education in all different forms does not seem to be enough. This year there is more abandoned animals than any other.

I am absolutely not the person to ask as to what to do if a puppy is excreting something so concerning. If someone knows, then by all means pass on this education. There is no doubt that these puppies need to be seen by a vet immediately. But if there is something to offer this OP then why not take the opportunity now as I am sure that they will view the responses.

If this mother will not accept of feed her babies, then the best advice is infact to have her also seen by a vet and eventually spayed. She obviously in distress and needs to be helped.

At times we all get alittle upset, but it's due to desperation I believe. I don't know about you but I actually feel the pain of those pups and the mom. One can only visualize what is happening here and there is a great need of professional intervention in order to save the mom and babies.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 24th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Bailey_'s Avatar
Bailey_ Bailey_ is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,722
This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm curious if the dog you are referring to that won't 'feed the puppies' is actually the mom of these puppies you are bottlefeeding? If so, how old is she? Age of the mother is an important factor to consider when they refuse to feed puppies. Is this her first litter? Sometimes, first moms can be incredibly nervous and wary about their puppies.

Secondly, how many puppies were born? She may be refusing all the puppies, because she is overwhelmed. A healthy year old female may only be able to produce enough milk/energy for about 3 - 4 puppies, depending on breed.

Regardless, PLEASE take your puppies (and if you have the Mother) to the vet. They all need to be seen to ensure health and safety and proper diet.

What kind of milk are you trying to feed the puppies? Are you feeding them on a schedule?

As far as the puppies stool, it should be light in color and not too hard - but certainly not watery.
__________________
~B~
"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail."

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:23 PM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
Bailey thank you for going back on topic..Lavender nothing personal but kindly take this convo to pm's please. As for the OP, please take the puppies to a vet along with the mother.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Chaser's Avatar
Chaser Chaser is offline
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 2,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Bailey thank you for going back on topic..Lavender nothing personal but kindly take this convo to pm's please. As for the OP, please take the puppies to a vet along with the mother.
Agreed, and great advice from Bailey!

Very small puppies can become dehydrated FAST - best to get to a vet right away.

Good luck!
__________________
Chase (Friendly Resident Wigglebum) - Border Collie/Lab/Shepherd X
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
thanks you guys! but the vet said that we had to put her down because that she had some birth defect with her stomach and we are getting the mother fixed. the other puppies are fine which good
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
This may seem like a dumb question, but I'm curious if the dog you are referring to that won't 'feed the puppies' is actually the mom of these puppies you are bottlefeeding? If so, how old is she? Age of the mother is an important factor to consider when they refuse to feed puppies. Is this her first litter? Sometimes, first moms can be incredibly nervous and wary about their puppies.

Secondly, how many puppies were born? She may be refusing all the puppies, because she is overwhelmed. A healthy year old female may only be able to produce enough milk/energy for about 3 - 4 puppies, depending on breed.

Regardless, PLEASE take your puppies (and if you have the Mother) to the vet. They all need to be seen to ensure health and safety and proper diet.

What kind of milk are you trying to feed the puppies? Are you feeding them on a schedule?

As far as the puppies stool, it should be light in color and not too hard - but certainly not watery.
the mother dog just turned 2 this month and this is her second litter. she had 10 puppies but one was a stillborn and another one was only 3 inches long and it died in an hour. i'm feeding them liquid puppy milk, don't know the brand on the top of my head but it's sold at wal-mart. yep, i'm feeding them on the schedule the puppy formula box has on it. the 1st litter she fed them well. but don't know why she doesn't want to this litter. her last litter was 10 puppies too but only 6 survived. this litter only 3 are alive out of 10. the vet told us that we should fix her because he that the mother dog is a carrier of some defect that killed most of the puppies in this litter and the one she had before
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:12 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Agreed Lavenderott. But (of course there is a but) with all the education, with all the news articles and coverage, looking at all the statitical data from shelters and pounds that publish how many killed every year (and those are the ones that wish to be transparent) - one would wonder WHY spaying and neutering is not done. I think that this is the frustration among those that are pro spay and neuter.

I have personally brought many unwanted pets over the bridge. Far more than I wish to even publish while working at a shelter years ago. I burnt out completely. It was such a difficult thing to do as I had to carry the burdeon of irresponsible people on my shoulders just as you have done...and many others here. It's something that remains for you forever. It never goes away.

Because there are so many threads dealing with this topic, the frustration continues to rise as it is evident that education in all different forms does not seem to be enough. This year there is more abandoned animals than any other.

I am absolutely not the person to ask as to what to do if a puppy is excreting something so concerning. If someone knows, then by all means pass on this education. There is no doubt that these puppies need to be seen by a vet immediately. But if there is something to offer this OP then why not take the opportunity now as I am sure that they will view the responses.

If this mother will not accept of feed her babies, then the best advice is infact to have her also seen by a vet and eventually spayed. She obviously in distress and needs to be helped.

At times we all get alittle upset, but it's due to desperation I believe. I don't know about you but I actually feel the pain of those pups and the mom. One can only visualize what is happening here and there is a great need of professional intervention in order to save the mom and babies.
we didn't mean to breed her, it was an accident because i also have a male dog
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
the gang the gang is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: hudson quebec
Posts: 1,356
why is the male dog not fixed
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
the gang the gang is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: hudson quebec
Posts: 1,356
you know im so piss------------------, i work at the vet plus reg job. i have been going 24-7 this last month and see so much at the vets, if you have animals please spay and neautor your animals god no wonder i DO not like people brenda and the pins
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM
echoica echoica is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott View Post
Not only does it keep people from coming back but it keeps away some members who DO have valueable advice to offer.
I have nearly left this forum for this exact reason. And I have left other forums because of it.

I find the newbies always get treated the worst because they have not accrued a large post count. But there are many of use who have wonderful things to contribute!

Thanks for bringing this point up i don't think it is a bad thing to have a reminder from time to time to keep us grounded.

Last edited by echoica; December 29th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Chris21711 Chris21711 is offline
-
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Queensville, Ontario
Posts: 8,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoica View Post
I have nearly left this forum for this exact reason. And I have left other forums because of it.

I find the newbies always get treated the worst because they have not accrued a large post count. But there are many of use who have wonderful things to contribute!
Sad to hear that you feel this way, I have to say that I disagree with you, Newbies IMO are always welcomed to the forum with open arms......but when a poster posts regardless of being new or otherwise "it was an accident, I have a male dog" I too, bang my head wondering if I live on the same planet as this person.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Bailey_'s Avatar
Bailey_ Bailey_ is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,722
Very glad you fixed your female Fairymoon!!!! It was the right thing to do.

Are you planning to fix your male in the future? If this was the same dog that you were breeding to your female, I would encourage you to do this - his genes could've also been part of the problem regarding the sick puppies that were being born.

You sound like you are the type of person that loves puppies and dogs; have you ever considered being a foster home for puppies, or a pregnant female dog? If you enjoy the birthing process and helping raise and socialize puppies, I highly reccomend this route. Unfortuantley there are just SO many unwanted dogs and pups out there right now, it's a very good idea to spay and neuter our animals in our home.

But there are still a lot of dogs, pregnant & puppies, that need our help. Maybe this could be something you could look into?
__________________
~B~
"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail."

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:45 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
Very glad you fixed your female Fairymoon!!!! It was the right thing to do.

Are you planning to fix your male in the future? If this was the same dog that you were breeding to your female, I would encourage you to do this - his genes could've also been part of the problem regarding the sick puppies that were being born.

You sound like you are the type of person that loves puppies and dogs; have you ever considered being a foster home for puppies, or a pregnant female dog? If you enjoy the birthing process and helping raise and socialize puppies, I highly reccomend this route. Unfortuantley there are just SO many unwanted dogs and pups out there right now, it's a very good idea to spay and neuter our animals in our home.

But there are still a lot of dogs, pregnant & puppies, that need our help. Maybe this could be something you could look into?
yeah i am going to fix him soon. it just depends when my parents want to get him fix. i do love puppies and dogs, i would love to be a foster home but i'm 17 and i live with my parents and my parents don't like animals that much so i can't right now but when i get my own house i will i know it's a good idea to spay animals but my parents don't like the idea but then when my dog having puppies made them change their minds because it is alot of work handling a mother dog with puppies especially since mine doesn't want to feed her puppies. but the puppies are doing ok being bottle fed
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Sad to hear that you feel this way, I have to say that I disagree with you, Newbies IMO are always welcomed to the forum with open arms......but when a poster posts regardless of being new or otherwise "it was an accident, I have a male dog" I too, bang my head wondering if I live on the same planet as this person.
it's not my fault, my parents aren't into fixing animals.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gang View Post
why is the male dog not fixed
because my parents aren't into fixing animals. and we got both dogs at the same time when they were puppies
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:35 PM
echoica echoica is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Sad to hear that you feel this way, I have to say that I disagree with you, Newbies IMO are always welcomed to the forum with open arms......but when a poster posts regardless of being new or otherwise "it was an accident, I have a male dog" I too, bang my head wondering if I live on the same planet as this person.
no, i have always been welcomed nicely. but if you start sharing your opinion right away it is somehow not credible kind of thing. like you need to build a reputation first. if that makes sense
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
DoubleRR's Avatar
DoubleRR DoubleRR is offline
Investigative researcher
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by echoica View Post
no, i have always been welcomed nicely. but if you start sharing your opinion right away it is somehow not credible kind of thing. like you need to build a reputation first. if that makes sense
Certainly does, I feel the same way.
__________________
We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are. Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
aslan aslan is offline
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: toronto, on
Posts: 15,600
can we please go back on topic....

fairymoon it's unfortunate your parents feel the way they do..am i understanding this right, are your male and female siblings? As for the female not feeding the puppies, she can sense there is something wrong with them.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:08 PM
14+kitties's Avatar
14+kitties 14+kitties is offline
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MYOB
Posts: 15,408
To the OP. Could you contact your vet (or rather could your parents) and ask for something of a better quality than milk you can buy at WM? It may give these precious puppies a better chance at survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoica View Post
no, i have always been welcomed nicely. but if you start sharing your opinion right away it is somehow not credible kind of thing. like you need to build a reputation first. if that makes sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRR View Post
Certainly does, I feel the same way.
It's called a feeling out process. We all had to go through it. I'm quite sure this forum is the same as many others. A new person should try establishing themselves a little before offering major advice. I am sure when I first joined I was looked at as a hoarder. After a while, and I don't believe it had anything to do with post count, I hope I am now looked upon as someone who is just trying to do her small part. But without that feeling out process it's hard to see what the person is like.
If the OP would have told us in the first post that they were a 17 year old living with their parents and the dogs belonged to the parents then the "welcome" may have been different.
I don't know how many people take the time when they join to bother to read the rules of this forum. I did. In fact it was the one huge reason I decided to join Pets. It states that most people on the forum are very pro s/n. I knew without a doubt I had found a place I wanted to stick around. The people on this forum are my kind of people. They care very very deeply for the welfare of animals. A lot of them put their hearts and souls into looking after all the unwanted dogs and cats. Some of us spend every cent we make to do that. Get to know us while we are getting to know you.
__________________
Assumptions do nothing but make an ass out of u and me.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old December 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
cassiek's Avatar
cassiek cassiek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: High River, AB, Canada
Posts: 622
Unhappy

I think there is such a fine line that has to be treaded carefully when dealing with such a sensitive subject that everyone has a different (usually emotional) opinion on.

I am very, very pro spaying/neutering ; however I think in a situation like this, it is very important to focus on the most pressing matter: the health of those puppies. I agree it is important to educate individuals about the harsh reality of the millions of dogs/cats that are euthanized every year but it must be done in a tactful way. I have found in my own experiences working at a humane society, I have the best success educating people about this topic (and convincing them to s/n their pets!) when I present my argument calmly and not condemning people (which usually puts them on the defense and not willing to listen to your argument anyways!).

But I also understand how some people feel... I have held dogs/cats in my arms while they were euthanized simply because of a "mistake" and were unable to find a home, it's hard not to want to scream at someone!! And yes, it is hard to believe that approaching 2010, there still are people who are poorly informed or not aware at all, about this terrible situation of the pet overpopulation.

(Just a side note... I have always felt very welcomed on this forum!)

Anyways back to the subject... fairymoon, have you been able to take your dog to the vet? How are the pups doing?
__________________
My babies: Sassy - Maltese X (9), Furby - Shihtzu X (7), Brynn - Boxer (3), Diesel - Boxer (1)

"Many of the Earth's habitats, animals, plants, insects, and even micro-organisms that we know as rare may not be known at all by future generations. We have the capability, and the responsibility. We must act before it is too late." - Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old December 30th, 2009, 06:01 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiek View Post
I think there is such a fine line that has to be treaded carefully when dealing with such a sensitive subject that everyone has a different (usually emotional) opinion on.

I am very, very pro spaying/neutering ; however I think in a situation like this, it is very important to focus on the most pressing matter: the health of those puppies. I agree it is important to educate individuals about the harsh reality of the millions of dogs/cats that are euthanized every year but it must be done in a tactful way. I have found in my own experiences working at a humane society, I have the best success educating people about this topic (and convincing them to s/n their pets!) when I present my argument calmly and not condemning people (which usually puts them on the defense and not willing to listen to your argument anyways!).

But I also understand how some people feel... I have held dogs/cats in my arms while they were euthanized simply because of a "mistake" and were unable to find a home, it's hard not to want to scream at someone!! And yes, it is hard to believe that approaching 2010, there still are people who are poorly informed or not aware at all, about this terrible situation of the pet overpopulation.

(Just a side note... I have always felt very welcomed on this forum!)

Anyways back to the subject... fairymoon, have you been able to take your dog to the vet? How are the pups doing?
we haven't taken her to a vet just the puppies. they're doing good, thanks for asking!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old December 30th, 2009, 06:06 PM
fairymoon7 fairymoon7 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
To the OP. Could you contact your vet (or rather could your parents) and ask for something of a better quality than milk you can buy at WM? It may give these precious puppies a better chance at survival.





It's called a feeling out process. We all had to go through it. I'm quite sure this forum is the same as many others. A new person should try establishing themselves a little before offering major advice. I am sure when I first joined I was looked at as a hoarder. After a while, and I don't believe it had anything to do with post count, I hope I am now looked upon as someone who is just trying to do her small part. But without that feeling out process it's hard to see what the person is like.
If the OP would have told us in the first post that they were a 17 year old living with their parents and the dogs belonged to the parents then the "welcome" may have been different.
I don't know how many people take the time when they join to bother to read the rules of this forum. I did. In fact it was the one huge reason I decided to join Pets. It states that most people on the forum are very pro s/n. I knew without a doubt I had found a place I wanted to stick around. The people on this forum are my kind of people. They care very very deeply for the welfare of animals. A lot of them put their hearts and souls into looking after all the unwanted dogs and cats. Some of us spend every cent we make to do that. Get to know us while we are getting to know you.
ok i will.oops. sorry, i thought that it didn't matter .they're more of my dogs cause my parents aren't really into pets. my parents just bought them because they wanted guard dogs.(they're german shepherds)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.