Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old November 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
-

Exclamation I Love This

I know most of you have likely seen this as many time as I have but it's one thing I don't mind watching over again.

We all must never forget .....

http://www.canadaka.net/video/18-a-p...e-of-time.html

Old November 11th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Doggie Wench

Thank you Rainbow; it's my first time seeing this video.

Remembering those who put their lives in harm's way, and those who have sacrificed their lives so that we may live ours in freedom. Also remembering families who suffered the loss of their loved ones.

May we never forget.
Old November 11th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Rainbow Thank you

Thank you for posting this memorable video,

Lest we forget,
Lest we forget.
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Rainbow,both hubby and I watched it,thank you,I've never seen it before..

I remember last year,I was in the grocery-store,just like the video,the announcement came on,but I thought I was the only one standing quietly,until a big lug of a man came up to me,gave me a hug and thanked me.
I'll never forget that..
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:10 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Today at work we observed the two minutes of silence. Our manager announced that all employees would be observing it and asked the customers to join in. I was cashing in a customer at that time. We stopped. The customer in line behind her asked how long it was going to take to finish her order. I just looked at her. She left and got something else and then came back to the line. She asked again how long it was going to be. I put my finger to my lips, frowned, and turned my back on her. Rude, maybe. I didn't care.
She was not Canadian born but she lives here now. It would be nice to observe some of our traditions. Especially one as important as our precious two minutes of time. My brother was in the Armed Forces for 27 years. He saw peacekeeping duties a few times. He fought no wars but he did his part.
Thank you rainbow for sharing the video. It was amazing.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Very nice. It's so important to remember those who have fought and are currently fighting in the armed forces. These people sacrifice so much of themselves for us.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:11 PM
One dog at a time...

I come from a military family, past and present, and tributes like this always touch my heart. Thank you for posting it Rainbow.

RIP My Precious Kitty - Misty Margaret (long-hair calico) - 08/24/94-03/12/10
RIP Sweet Baby Girl - Lodi Sue (dachshund mix) -01/20/98-11/04/09
RIP My Itty Bitty - Trinket Joy (chihuahua mix) Puppy Mill Survivor rescued 10/00 died 01/22/02

Rescues will touch your heart & soul like no other!
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM
-

I was thought at an early age to do this , take a minute of silence at 11 am. They made us do it at school , every year. And I always did it , ever since. I'm always surprise to see people at work , won't do it , they don't even think about it ! I think it's the least we can do , for so many of them who gave up their lives . :sad:

Old November 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
-

I am surprised that lots of you haven't seen it before .....I get the email forwarded to me every year and it touches my heart every time. We owe so much to all the men and women that gave us the freedom we have today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Rainbow,both hubby and I watched it,thank you,I've never seen it before..

I remember last year,I was in the grocery-store,just like the video,the announcement came on,but I thought I was the only one standing quietly,until a big lug of a man came up to me,gave me a hug and thanked me.
I'll never forget that..
I have never been in a store that has announced the two minute tribute and thank you for making the big lug's day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Today at work we observed the two minutes of silence. Our manager announced that all employees would be observing it and asked the customers to join in. I was cashing in a customer at that time. We stopped. The customer in line behind her asked how long it was going to take to finish her order. I just looked at her. She left and got something else and then came back to the line. She asked again how long it was going to be. I put my finger to my lips, frowned, and turned my back on her. Rude, maybe. I didn't care.
She was not Canadian born but she lives here now. It would be nice to observe some of our traditions. Especially one as important as our precious two minutes of time. My brother was in the Armed Forces for 27 years. He saw peacekeeping duties a few times. He fought no wars but he did his part.
Thank you rainbow for sharing the video. It was amazing.
WOW ....shame on her :sad: and thank you for putting up with her ignorance.

I wonder if she came from a country that others have tried to liberate?