Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old August 19th, 2004, 02:03 PM

Please help us find him!!

We really miss him please help us
He means alot to our family.The families children are crying after him everyday since the day he got lost.He is a grey tabby with a white mark under his chin and he has a blue collar on.He is a male.He was last seen at 3109 Cantelon crst, in mississauga but we moved so if anyone around that area finds him please contact us at (705)792-6216 or e-mail us at sexy_babe1367@hotmail.com

Thank you we would really like it if u helped and there is a reward for this
Old August 21st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Please go back frequently to where you used to live,he more than likely is hiding out around there.Bring his favourite treats,call his name,after dark is usually the best time,especially if he's frightened. Good Luck!
I assume you have contacted Humane Society and any other shelters,put up posters etc....
Old August 21st, 2004, 12:18 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope you find your fur-baby! My sympathies to you and your family! Did he have any ID on his collar? Be sure your old tel# has a referral of calls to your new tel#. Just in case a former neighbor tries to reach you.
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:21 PM
Crusader

chico2 is right!

i'd return to your last home and look for him there..
it's known that MANY cat's return to their old homes..

Ninja, the tomcat who moved with his owners from Utah to Washington State in 1996. He disappeared shortly after arriving in his new home, only to turn up at the old Utah address -- 850 miles away -- a year later.

Then there is Tigger, the three-legged cat who has made the three-mile return trip to his old home more than 75 times.

Pilsbury, the eight-year-old English cat who has made the eight-mile journey back to his former home 40 times. According to London newspapers, he makes the trip, which takes him across busy roads and through herds of cattle, at least once a week. Luckily, his owners always retrieve him.

for more info
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/excats/homing.html
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:18 AM

any news?

I hate this kind of story, just like those missing children stories. Make me sick to my stomach. Has there been any news on the kitty, was she found?
God bless,
Laurie
Old September 9th, 2004, 06:07 AM

Just a note of hope..a woman whose cat has been missing from her home for over 4 weeks just left a message this morning that he was sitting outside her door last night when she got home. I met her when she answered an add I placed for a cat I found..she was in tears when she saw it wasn't hers..I'd been helping her look for him though internet etc.

So..never give up they do try and make it home if they can. Like all have said in above posts..go back to where you used to live..ask neighbours to keep an eye out, post ads in surrounding grocery stores, cakk local vets, etc.

Best of luck!