Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pet product reviews - dog products

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Kay9 Kay9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 223
Recommendations for window cat perches

I'm looking for a good window sil perch for Clancy, for his catroom. The window is 5 feet up. I bought this one:



But it doesn't look like it will be as stable as it does in the picture. His cat tree doesn't go up high enough, and any of the other cat trees are too much money and/or too unstable. Anyone have a particular ledge or perch they like?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:54 PM
mona_b's Avatar
mona_b mona_b is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hamilton Ont
Posts: 4,620
My nephew and his fiance has one simular to that. And it actually holds both their cats. Can clancey not jump from the cat tree to the window sil? That what my guys do.

I love this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1512.jpg (48.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5658.jpg (54.1 KB, 48 views)
__________________
"A dog can express more with his tail in minutes than his owner can express with his tongue in hours."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Kay9 Kay9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 223
OOh, I like that one!

Yes, Clancy can jump onto it; it's just that it this plastic floppy thing. (I haven't put it up yet).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 4th, 2010, 07:28 PM
sugarcatmom's Avatar
sugarcatmom sugarcatmom is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 5,311
The Catnapper Window Hammock is a good one. Here is Aztec enjoying his:




__________________
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain." ~ Chinese Proverb

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:14 AM
krdahmer's Avatar
krdahmer krdahmer is offline
~Cat Servent~
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario
Posts: 5,229
We don't have the money for those fancy petstore type ones, so I went to the home depot and bought three of their put it together yourself wooden shelves... they come unfinished, so I stained them, and installed them right under the window sill. They are very sturdy, which was a concern for Buddy as he's a big boy, and the cats love them, I imagine I could add something fuzzy on top of them to make it more of a napping spot, but they work perfect for bird watching and all the cats use them. They were $6 each.

Now that I see the one mona_b posted though...I have a new project for me and my dad to work on!
__________________
Windy~Smoke~Buddy~Palomine~Fagan~Asker~Mickey Blue Eyes Venus

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Kay9 Kay9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
The Catnapper Window Hammock is a good one. Here is Aztec enjoying his:




I've read about that one--it comes up alot on the net. Thanks for the recommendation!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 5th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Kay9 Kay9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
We don't have the money for those fancy petstore type ones, so I went to the home depot and bought three of their put it together yourself wooden shelves... they come unfinished, so I stained them, and installed them right under the window sill. They are very sturdy, which was a concern for Buddy as he's a big boy, and the cats love them, I imagine I could add something fuzzy on top of them to make it more of a napping spot, but they work perfect for bird watching and all the cats use them. They were $6 each.

Now that I see the one mona_b posted though...I have a new project for me and my dad to work on!

I was at Home depot the other day, and was thinking the same thing. I must say I am caught up in the lambs wool snuggly aspect of the more expensive ones though!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Tundra_Queen's Avatar
Tundra_Queen Tundra_Queen is offline
Senior Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 5,603
Hi

You could go to a building center,,,buy a piece of lumber 8 ft X 10" wide and 2 brackets to go underneath. You could even get them to cut it to the length you want. I used them for my cat walks up in their room. You could go to walmart and buy a piece of faux sheep shin to cover it.
__________________
~Friendship is like a bank account. You can't continue to draw on it without making deposits~


~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Kay9 Kay9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Hi

You could go to a building center,,,buy a piece of lumber 8 ft X 10" wide and 2 brackets to go underneath. You could even get them to cut it to the length you want. I used them for my cat walks up in their room. You could go to walmart and buy a piece of faux sheep shin to cover it.
good idea--thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Terms of Use

  • All Bulletin Board Posts are for personal/non-commercial use only.
  • Self-promotion and/or promotion in general is prohibited.
  • Debate is healthy but profane and deliberately rude posts will be deleted.
  • Posters not following the rules will be banned at the Admins' discretion.
  • Read the Full Forum Rules

Forum Details

  • Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise (Reduced on this page: MySQL 0%).
  • All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.