Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old July 30th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Senior Contributor

I have no words....

That can be used on this board.

Let me take you back to last year. ## and his wife split up. He had no where to go. So he asked if we would rent him room in our basement. So husband and I talked it over. the extra money would help. So we let him move in. Only charged him $600 a month all included. ( Food, cable, phone, wireless, laundry etc) We let him use 2 rooms that were adjoining. We painted and put new carpet down there and it is totally furnished. The mattress alone, as the basement bedroom was mine, was 4000.00. He got to use it. So the first weekend he moves in, he tells me his 2 kids are coming for the week end. OH JOY. (i no like kids) Missie barks non stop. Ugh. The kids came into my home with lice.(run dogs, dem kids got mean ass ed fleas) UGH UGH UGH. 2 weeks later, the kids are back, with the lice again. Ugh. Things are going OK after the human flea infection, and I begin to notice that I am now picking up after him. No dice. He leaves the bath mat on the floor, shaves in the shower and never rinses the tub after. Ugh. Just a slob, will not cook for himself(and he is a chef) and would live on pepperoni and cheese.(only if the cheese is pre cut mind you) I am chewing my tongue to ribbons. His son who is 6 still wears diapers to bed. (WTF?) The kid is so lazy, he craps in the diaper, comes up smears crap all over the bathroom floor and wipes his crappy hands on my white towels. Can we say P!ssed?
So fast forward to this week. I come home Monday night and I mean my house smell like a sewer. I freak, thinking the garbage was stinking the house up. (husband was born without a sense of smell) He takes all the garbage out and the smell is still there. Open all windows. Come home Tuesday night and the stench just about knocks me over. WTF? Open all windows and air the house out again. Same thing last night. So we went to see, perhaps with all the rain we got back up. Nope, opened up his door to see what the hell was going on. I see dishes piled up that have been there since last October, wine bottles every where and get this. Urine filled water and wine bottles every where. He was too lazy to use the bathroom. And the smell was horrible. I called him on his cell and he said not to go in his room. Jeez, I wonder why? So I played dumb and said I thought water had gotten into his room and wanted to check it out. So he came home and got rid of the bottles and cleared the 1 room out. We ripped that carpet out and sanitised the floors and walls. Then he came back and I told him we wanted to remove the other carpet. He said there was nothing wrong with it so I felt it. It was wet and smelled also. We pulled it all up and gagged. I swear him or his kid peed all over it. He said he did not notice any smell.(what crack is he smoking?) I believe that he peed on the floor or some of his many pee filled bottles were knocked over. We used something like bio hazard protocols to clean this mess. So that room is now sanitised and clean. Ugh he is gone at the end of the month, I am so glad. Now something that really irked me...I told Gaston, I thought Quincy was peeing in Pipers littler box...I now believe it was ##. The clumps were huge, like over 3 cups. Ugh
Ugh Ugh

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:13 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

You're right. No words.
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Senior Contributor

I really just want to pound the crap out of him.. And he is three months late with the rent.... Blah

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Senior Contributor

The words I would have would not be nice to publish.
I am really sorry this happened to you, especially when you were trying to help someone out. Where is this person's manners? Gives you some insight into the divorce though, doesn't it...
Harvey the English Bulldog Extraordinaire
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM

WTH?? How do you know this whackadoodle? Glad he's moving, I have no idea how you could put up with that . You must be a VERY tolerant individual lol

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I used to work with him. It is too bad he is such a drunk and a slop. he really is a very nice person but he is a pig. My SIL thought my house smelled because of the dogs. I hardly FN think so. LOL Smell is gone now. House smells like a hospital..LOL lots of detol.

Old July 30th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Sleep..What is that?!?

I would change the locks so he doesn't get tempted to sneak back in anytime soon.

...and people won't rent to people with pets

Mom to
Seth - Brown Tabby
Messina - Blonde Tabby
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Wow....sounds like a real winner

fyi - if parents fail to treat any medical condition, including lice, that is grounds for a child protection investigation. As is children not meeting appropriate milestones (i.e. a 6 y.o. not using the toilet). I'm surprised their school hasn't called CAS.

It's unlikely to be a "remove the kids and send them to foster home" situation, but WOULD warrant a "we are going to seriously ream you out, make you go to parenting classes and monitor you for a while". IMHO, both he and his ex need a serious wake up call. And it doesn't sound like there is a friendship to lose at this point. As soon as he goes I would consider reporting them.....
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Doggie Wench

Ew ew ew ...I don't think he'd have made it to day two in our house. Shaykeija, you've got a heart of gold and nerves of steel.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

So he's gone at the end of July?

Definitely change those locks

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Ew ew ew ...I don't think he'd have made it to day two in our house. Shaykeija, you've got a heart of gold and nerves of steel.
Prozac and vodka...just joking. he is leaving for the military at the end of August. So bye bye..don't come back now ya hear?

Old July 30th, 2009, 11:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

OMD, you have to put up with this through August?! You really are a saint.

I'll keep you in my prayers and wish you luck

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Doggie Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaykeija View Post
Prozac and vodka...just joking.

Quote:
he is leaving for the military at the end of August.
Omd, how is he ever going to make it through the military??? It took me years to convince dh (ex-military) that the bedsheets and mechanic's overalls did NOT have to be ironed .
Old July 31st, 2009, 01:37 AM
-

How did you ever put up with this guy living in your basement for so long?

He's in for a big wake-up call in the military.
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
How did you ever put up with this guy living in your basement for so long?

He's in for a big wake-up call in the military.
Yep going to be a kick in the jewels for him. He's got himself a new floozy so I don't think I will see him too much.

we just call him the basement troll...lol

Old July 31st, 2009, 07:49 AM
Senior Contributor

Since I am X-military I can assure you that this guy will have no choice but to clean up his act. If he doesn't - the rest of his platoon will tune him in (mind you now that Human Rights is recognized in the military - they will have to say please and thank you after the tuning in).

Seriously - this guy is disgusting! I wonder why the split....
Old July 31st, 2009, 08:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Get this person out of your house! No wonder his wife split up with him, he's a slob!

Seriously, he has no respect for you or your home, tell him to leave.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 31st, 2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Get this person out of your house! No wonder his wife split up with him, he's a slob! .

took the words right out of my mouth...you should have asked the wife why she kicked him out to begin with....you really need to get rid of him.
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:35 PM
I'm a softy

WOW! You deserve a medal for putting up with it, but you don't have to, you don't need the stress, you are a friend, not a door mat.. What he is doing is not right. Does this child only wear diapers to bed? That can be normal at that age, some kids cannot help but to be bed wetting, and 6 is a normal age for it to be continuing for some kids. Does the kid have to change his own poop though? Or was he just messy after pooping on the potty? Because if he is wearing diapers to poop in and then cleans himself up, THAT is a big concern.

If he is 3 months late on rent you have every right to evict him on those grounds alone, also, photograph the conditions so if you evict him, you have evidence if he fights you. No one can live in those conditions, it is not right, or ok. Give him a warning to start paying up and keeping clean or he is out. It is your home, and this is sooo not ok to take advantage of your kindness like he is.

I have a broken hand, eating a popsicle, and have a cat smoooshing my face leaving hairs behind, please excuse any typos..
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter
Old July 31st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Senior Contributor

I think what I find very disturbing is the pee bottles. What kind of person does that or would even THINK of doing that. He ain't normal.

And the kid still in diapers? There seems to be something very interesting about this as well - all things 'eliminated' are cherished???

Weird.
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I think what I find very disturbing is the pee bottles. What kind of person does that or would even THINK of doing that. He ain't normal.

And the kid still in diapers? There seems to be something very interesting about this as well - all things 'eliminated' are cherished???

Weird.
A drunk. A very serious drunk.

My dad's friend was a horrible alcoholic at one time and lived in our attic when I was a kid. He'd go to the bar and drink A LOT and then stumble home and into the attic. Alcohol makes you have to pee a lot but he would be too drunk to make it downstairs to the bathroom (Not to mention he knew he'd get yelled at/kicked out if he woulda accidentally peed on something down there), so he'd just use his empty 40 oz beer bottles to go in.
Yup, nasty. Luckily he didn't stay there long and quit drinking eventually. Didn't have any kids either, thank goodness.
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

that's just awful,he would have been out of my house in no time at all,sorry you had to go through this.what a pig
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:49 PM
-

Quote:
Yep going to be a kick in the jewels for him. He's got himself a new floozy so I don't think I will see him too much.

Certainly hope the floozy doesn't move into your basement suite with him.

we just call him the basement troll...lol

LOL Basement Troll

Does he resemble this guy? .....
Attached Images

Old July 31st, 2009, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Since I am X-military I can assure you that this guy will have no choice but to clean up his act. If he doesn't - the rest of his platoon will tune him in (mind you now that Human Rights is recognized in the military - they will have to say please and thank you after the tuning in).

Seriously - this guy is disgusting! I wonder why the split....
Are we talking the bar soap in the sock tuning up, or the minty tooth paste enema tune up? Either one would work..LOL

Old August 1st, 2009, 09:09 PM
Senior Contributor

Sounds to me like this guy and his ex both have serious issues. How can those kids go with their lice issue untreated for so long? That in itself is sickening.
I'm not going to comment on the bottles of urine and rug soaked with urine and the rest of his mess...and peeing in the litter box!
Omg, just makes me wanna hurl.
You must be the most patient, caring, understanding person on the planet, because noooo way would that dude have lasted a week in my house with habits like that.
Hopefully when he's gone he stays gone, but in my experience they always try to come back at least once.
He has no idea what he's in for in the military, they won't tolerate that crap.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I am still thinking of doing the minty tooth paste enema on him..LOL

Old August 4th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Senior Contributor

wow that just distrubing and gross! i can't believe someone would live like that. good thing he doesn't have any pets it be double the mess cause i'm sure he wouldn't clean up after them. and those poor kids. they should be sent somewhere other then their parents. good luck with the rest of this mouth.

Cats leave pawprints on our hearts forever

Eclipse July 23th 2004
Serena July 23th 2004
Stormy April 20 2007
Zoey RIP March 2006-April 2 2007
Old August 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Are we talking the bar soap in the sock tuning up, or the minty tooth paste enema tune up? Either one would work..LOL
Indeed I am!