Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog training - dog behavior > Cat behavior forum - cat training

Old May 29th, 2009, 03:06 PM

my kitten is seeking revenge on our new dog

I have a feral kitten. she is now about 7 mo old. I found her at about 5 mos, but we thought she was maybe 3 mo max due to her size. Took her to the vets to have her spayed and vet said she is about 5 mo old as she is getting all her adult teeth. Well, we love her so much but in the short time she has been with us, we went from 4 doxies down to 1. I had 2 pass away within 8 days of each other, (they were BFF for over 15 years). So, the day the 2nd one passed we were so torn apart that we went out and adopted another rescue doxie. well, Brandy has been with us 9 days, and Smokey has started to pee in Brandy's food dish. It's kinda funny, but I don't want to encourage this. She doesn't do it to the other dogs dish, and she doesn't have accidents in the house. she always uses the litter box which is back in her room. I'm going to pick up the dishes when the dogs are finished with them, but do you think it she is trying to punish the dog? It's not a puppy, Brandy is about 9 years old. Smoke has also figured out how to get in and out of the doggie door which goes to the screened in porch. I don't understand cats.

Mary
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Catlover2

Just Smokey's way of saying...."get lost". I really don't want you in my house. Just be glad Smokey hasn't upped the ante by attacking Brandy, or has she? Hopefully she'll get used to Brandy like she did the other Doxie's. Did she miss them when they passed on, or was she glad about it? Either way, she's showing her displeasure about this new one.
Old May 30th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Live well, laugh often

My tortie expressed her displeasure when we got our last dog by peeing in his crate. Totally confused me, I thought the dog was peeing but yet it was never wet when I let him out . Anyway, we learned to keep the door shut and they came to an understanding in a few weeks . I'm sure that this is probably a similar situation. Good luck .
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:56 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Coco pees in Bayley's bed...especially if I'm a bit slow with the litter box cleanings. I think he blames the dog cause I tend to spend more time out with her!!
Old May 30th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Molly's mama

cats!
Sorry to laugh at your situation but it's kinda funny!! Cats can get away with it because they are always the boss of the household!!! Same way in most homes! You gotta love them for it
Old May 30th, 2009, 02:24 PM

I have to agree. She knows how to torment to dogs. I have a big orange neutered feral male outside. He is another long story, but as he was hanging out in my barn I figured I'd have him neutered. that way he wouldn't be breeding anything. Well, he lost an eye in a tom fight before he was fixed. but now he is such a baby. anyway, if I'm on the deck, he'll come and sit with me. the 2 girls will run out barking, and he just looks at them as if to say " you've got to be kidding me" they smell him and then everything is fine. I was hoping he would smack them a good one and put them in their place. no such luck. he wants to go dress shopping with them.. well Smoke worked it out with the other dogs that she was boss. For some reason, she will not stand her ground with Brandy. I wish she would. It would solve the problem. My money is always on the cats. Oh well, they have got to learn to get along as Smoke wants to sleep in the big bed with us, and that is also where the 2 girls sleep. Makes for weird nights, that's for sure.

Mary
PS. I wouldn't trade them for anything.