Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old August 6th, 2004, 05:38 PM

Angel - Loving, wonderful Pit Bull/Labrador mix in need of a home (San Jose, CA)

Angel is a sweetheart. She is 6 1/2 years old and about 50 lbs. I taught her the basic commands (sit, stay, lay down) when I had her. I had to give her to some friends who I thought would be able to give her a great home. Their roommates have decided that Angel is too loud (she barks when something/someone comes near her home) and they don't like the "big dog smell." I am very unhappy that Angel's new living arrangement is being screwed up by uncaring idiots, so I decided to do as much as I can to find her a new (more stable) home. Angel is great with kids and adults. Angel is protective when she is on walks and in her home (house and yard), but is very friendly when people come inside and when her owner gives her the OK. Angel likes to chase cats sometimes, but cohabitated with them quite nicely. She loves to play with other dogs and will not hurt smaller dogs. Angel is still a quick learner and I think that, with the right mix of love and discipline, she can continue to learn many commands. Angel is sensitive and will grow depressed if scolded overmuch, but loves to learn from it in order to earn more affection from her owner. Angel needs a lot of attention. She does not like being forced into a crate (new owners have tried) and would rather sleep on a dog bed or the floor. She generally won't come up on furniture unless invited. She does pull on the leash, but has gotten much better ever since I got her a harness rather than a collar. Angel is fantastic and I would take her back if I could. I would really love to see her in a stable home where she can be loved and show the new owner(s) how right they were in taking her in.
Attached Images

Old August 6th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Senior Contributor

This is very sad. A 6 yr old pit bull mix doesn't have much chance of being adopted, and it's terrible to pass her around. It's hard to get homes for 6 yr old purebred pit bulls and purebred Labs, never mind mixes.

I suggest you make up flyers, with a pic and all info, and put them up in pet stores, vet's offices and anyplace else you can.

If there is any way you can keep her, I suggest you do it. IF you can tell just why you can't keep her, maybe we can offer some suggestions.
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Senior Contributor

Maybe you can keep this dog now that you were able to find a home so that you could keep Cubby - wouldn't that be fanstastic!?!
Old August 6th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm confused. If you found a place that accepts dogs, why are you trying to get rid of this one?
Old August 6th, 2004, 08:36 PM

I'm not trying to get rid of Angel. She is not my dog anymore. She was my dog and I still care about her. I have already signed my lease and cannot take her to my new place. I realize that these types of dogs are hard to place, especially at her age, but I wanted to put her up here because I think that there are some people here who can help me find her a home.
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Senior Contributor

Now I'm confused You can take the other dog to your new place right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwiggin27
I'm not trying to get rid of Angel. She is not my dog anymore. She was my dog and I still care about her. I have already signed my lease and cannot take her to my new place. I realize that these types of dogs are hard to place, especially at her age, but I wanted to put her up here because I think that there are some people here who can help me find her a home.
Old August 7th, 2004, 03:56 AM

Yes, Cubby is coming with us. Unfortunately, I cannot take Angel back. I am just posting here in the hope that someone can help me out so that a sweet dog has a place to call home.