Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiho View Post
I truly believe that,i live for her,she is the best thing(hate to say thing) that i have ever been blessed to have..So i just let her out of room and what does she go straight for honeys litterbox,why??????She has one in our room,so i picked her up put her in her litterbox and she did go..But why is the first thing she does when out of room is that??????

She just wants to let Honey know she there. The stinker. It also could be she prefers the location of Honey's box. Like I said earlier, cats are funny. I don't think we could figure them out if we lived to be 200.
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Heidi,IMO female cats might be a little more territorial than males a little more temperamental
I am assuming your moms Honey has been spayed too,right???
I think you,your mom and the kitties will do fine...
Another thing Heidi,stay away from your old friends
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Senior Contributor

LOl..I already erased that guys number out of my phone,no i dont want to go doen that road again,this time i would lose roxy&probably myself...Thx for mentioning i thought of it to when i got back.So roxy is out and going straight for her litter,the thing is we dont mind,but will honey???My moms other cat that passed used to pee at the end of hall,they had carpets cleaned but smell comes back every now and thme and we think if honey gets mad she might start going to the bathroom down there.I keep roxs box in a closet like we used to at our place..P.S. She is also trying to eat her food..I never thought rox would be the one so brave she was scared of everything
Old March 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Contributor

Another thing when roxy is out i try and keep her out of parents room,that is where honey lays under bed and her kitty litter is..Is that wrong???I jsut feel that is honeys space and rox needs to stay out
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:42 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It is really going to be a wait and see game with Honey and Roxy. If Honey does seem to mind Roxy using her litter you will probably have to get another box. You don't want to put them side by side but maybe in the same vicinity.
The food thing..... yep, they will probably both steal the others.
If moms room is the one area that Honey can go to get away from Roxy then yes, try to keep Roxy out. Don't make a big issue out of it. Just go and pick her up quietly and move her away. Or, try to redirect. Maybe with her favourite toy or treats.
The smell that comes back occasionally in that spot... have you tried using Nature's Miracle on it? It is not a cure all but it may help the smell. It is available in pet stores or you could use the homemade one. LP was nice enough to share that with us.
It is 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 1/4 cup vinegar, 1 cup water. Soak the area well. Let it sit for a while. Then blot up as much as possible. You may want to repeat if it's an old smell that's been there for a while. It's not a cure all for kitties to not use the same spot but it sure helps with the smell.
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Having one cat that occasionally sprays,the home-made stuff works to get rid of smells for sure.
Natures Miracle got a bit too expensive and did not keep Rocky from going back to the same spot.

I agree with 14+,you have to make sure Honey has her own place,where she can escape from Roxy.
Old March 24th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Will try that,no one has went to bathroom there,but just in case.Also honeys spot is moms room usually under the bed,so when i do see roxy going in there i do pick her up calmly and tell her no....i want that bedroom to stay honeys place where she feels totally safe..
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
150% PRO S/N

How are things going with the kitties heidiho?
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Honey is coming out more often,still hissing ans swattin at rox,but now when honey runs into her room rox chases after her,to funny..Today though was first day i worked and mom said rox stayed in room all day(door is open for her to come in and out of)which was from when i left at 9:00 am til 4:00,which is odd cause she hasnt done that yet,usually will come out when im not home,today was the longest ive been gone since we moved here,soon as i came home and she heard me she came running out,but wasnt as lovin to me today.I dont know maybe she was mad cause i was gone so long..Cats cant figure them out...Honey will let me pet and brush her then turns around and hisses at me..
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM
150% PRO S/N

Sounds like they are settling into a routine then. That's good. Roxy was probably ticked because you were gone for so long. I get the back end treatment from a couple of mine too if I am gone too long. TT always runs to the door when I come in. At least I know HE misses me. Dogs are much easier to read!
Keep up the good work. They are doing well!!