Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old March 19th, 2009, 05:45 AM

sick ciollie/lap cross. JAZZ

Hi there

Just wanted to know if anyone out there knows of anything that I can give my Collie/lab cross. As she is having a hard time breathing. The vet just found that she has a shadowy image on the xrays. Also he couldn't see the heart, or any of the upper organs. But all organs came back ok during the blood work. Right now the vet doesn't know if it is Cancer or just a really bad infections or phemona.
The vet gave her two differnet med to use every 8 hours. Jazz is having a really hard time breathing. I would like to know if there is anything that can be given to her to help her to breath better. As like something like Asthma. My sister has a machine that was used for my niece. Would this be helpful to her. It just about time for me to get off of work and I really want to get home. To be with her.
Is there anything that I can give her like vitimins. I got to be able to help her more then what Im doing. The thing that is killing me is that she doesn't even look sick. Just it is her breathing. She still wants to play, get hyper when I come into the room,. It her breathing and that she won't lay down. As I guess that her chest is hurting her when she lying down. Should I be putting her in a cage to rest or would that be wrong thing. As if it is cancer, Then these would be the last couple of week left. OMG I hope not!!!!!! I really am scared. I hope that the meds help and if just a really BAD infection.
Old March 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Your vet is the only one who can answer your questions. Do not give your pet any human vitamins or medication without talking to your vet.
Keep us posted on how everything works out.

Cindy
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Well keep you updated. As I was at work last night and I was just searching the Internet while I was at work. I called my vet and asked them. Basically it is to keep her comfortable. Until we know what is going one with the MEds. That makes me really scared. as I don't think that have much hope for her.
Old March 24th, 2009, 01:17 AM

Jazz is doing better

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you guys know that Jazz is doing a little better. But not out of the woods yet.
It seems that she is breathing much better. But now she doesn't want to move, eat or drink.
Now talked to the vet and he stated that at least there is improvement. There could be a side affect of her not wanting to eat. She will not eat dry dog food. She is getting really spoiled. I have cooked up liver, tuna, samon. Anything that I can get her to eat. She can now bend her neck down to eat or drinks. She still doesn't really want to yet but at least she still can move it down.
The only thing that is scaring me now is that she has a very hard time getting up. When she is on slippery floor. It is like she is losing her balance. Like she is on Ice. Once she is on carpet or grass she is fine. The Vet stated that we can wait and finish the meds. and hope that she is getting better.

I have had a very hard and long weekend. As my husband was in the hospital for a lump on his neck now. Nothing like what Jazz had. So he had is cut open and now I have to pack it. Now I need to take care of both of them.......
Things have to get better soon....
I should have stayed being a Personal Support Worker. As Im doing it more now then ever......

both
Old March 27th, 2009, 02:08 AM

Jazz has Canine Lymphoma. Is what the Vet has stated that she has. He would need to do many tests. I don't want to put her thru that.; I can't belive this is happening. I don't know how to deal with this. I can't get over the feeling that there is or was something that I could have done. I know that the other owner of her puppies will be calling and asking questions. I don't know how to answer them. 8 years is just not long enough time with her. I couldn't put her down today. As I had to have more time with her. I don't know what to do with my other dog and animals. Do I take my other dog to the vets as well. To say good bye. He already know something is going on. As everyone that comes over is cryong and very upset.
What do you guys think? What can I do to make this greiving process better for me and everyone?