Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 1st, 2002, 02:24 PM

Question West Nile?

My 4 1/2 month old husky mix pup has been displaying some disturbing symptoms the past couple days. Shes been listless, vomitting and not eating. I'm concered she may have been infected with the Wext Nile Virus, since the mosquitoes have been very thick lately. There've been several horses in my area diagnosed with it, and some of them have died. I'm worried and very upset. I consider my pets to be my children, and my little Sheba is my baby. How can I tell if she's been infected and what can I do to help her get better? I don't want her to die. I, my children and my other pets would all be devestated.
Old August 1st, 2002, 05:58 PM
Lab Loverr

i would just take her to the vet, ASAP. the vets on this board are pretty slow at answering Q's, my advice would be just take her to the vet and get her checked out... if shes like one of your children you wouldnt ask people on a board and then wait around while your child was sick, so take her in!
Soon to be proud mum of Gilgamesh. (Olde English Bulldogge)

*Lab Lover [COLOR=red]<3[/COLOR]
Old August 1st, 2002, 09:17 PM

Thanks, CLL. I did just that. I called my vet and he said to bring her in. He tested her and she has parvo. Now my poor baby is in isolation and has to stay away from home for 4 to 5 days. I'm hading back tomorrow with my dog and my ex's dog to get the both tested as well. I've been in tears much of the day for not catching sooner how badly she was feeling. The odd thing is, just last nite, she was trying to eat the cat's head like she always does. On the plus side, I caught it early enough where she's got a good chance of recovery.