Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old January 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I think I was using basswood. I was told it didn't have a lot of grain in it, but I sure ran into a lot of it!

I am enormously impressed, 14+, and I just can't thank you enough for giving me 15 hours of your life to create this beautiful portrait of the original Trio!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Aww hazel. You are welcome. It's something I enjoy doing when I am watching TV. There's always a project on the go.
And on that note............

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Sleep well!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:42 PM
-

14+. as I said earlier, you have an amazing talent .....you should advertise your work.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Senior Contributor

14+,that parrot-thingy is just beautiful..WOW!!!
BM and Aslan are going to have to display their "art-work"in a new thread,we'll just gush over them,so they don't feel outdone,ok
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:21 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

14+ since i noticed that i didn't say it earlier, your work IS absolutely gorgeous. No matter what BM or I do it will never be better, just different.
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:37 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
14+ since i noticed that i didn't say it earlier, your work IS absolutely gorgeous. No matter what BM or I do it will never be better, just different.
Thanks rainbow, chico, aslan! As for advertising my work... thinking about it. Will have to give up something else to do that though and haven't quite figured out how to do that.

I am quite sure BM and aslan will come up with something great. I am not worried. Different mediums bring different end results.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:39 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

do you have any fleamarkets around you 14+, take some finished work, and offer to do pet pics from a photo, etc. etc..
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:42 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
do you have any fleamarkets around you 14+, take some finished work, and offer to do pet pics from a photo, etc. etc..
I have thought of that aslan but...... find me some time. Kitties, house, work, greenhouse.........
I have things rolling around in my mind.

Old January 28th, 2009, 08:45 AM
-

hmmmmm i might have a business idea. Grace has been bugging me for awhile to open a booth with the bootleg movies(she either wants lots of money, or me in jail). We could get some photo's of your work and put them up, and get my sis to make up flyers advertising what you can do, prices, sizes....oh oh brainstorming now....My sis who owned Desi creates web pages. can always shmooze her into making you one.
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
I have to agree with Aslan. I really don't think mine will even come close. I started mine but scraped it. I will try again once I am more focused as Aslan is trying very hard to distract me. Bad Aslan...bad, bad.
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:50 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
hmmmmm i might have a business idea. Grace has been bugging me for awhile to open a booth with the bootleg movies(she either wants lots of money, or me in jail). We could get some photo's of your work and put them up, and get my sis to make up flyers advertising what you can do, prices, sizes....oh oh brainstorming now....My sis who owned Desi creates web pages. can always shmooze her into making you one.
Grace wants to visit you in jail?!!!!! Holy crow!!
My son in law actually is an IT guy. He has told me before he would set something up for me if I decide to do something. That was for another project but we haven't got that far on it yet. I need another 10 hours in a day!!
Thanks for the ideas. I am sure we can come up with something.

I guess I forgot to add one more thing on my list of things I do....... and it's important. Pets.ca

Last edited by 14+kitties; January 28th, 2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:54 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I have to agree with Aslan. I really don't think mine will even come close. I started mine but scraped it. I will try again once I am more focused as Aslan is trying very hard to distract me. Bad Aslan...bad, bad.
i wont distract you anymore...
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Senior Contributor

just found this thread, you do GORGEOUS work 14+kitties....wow..just unreal
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Doggie Wench

Beautiful 14+! I think you chose the most perfect photo to work with too .

However distracting it may be, I think above your desk is just the right place for it, Hazel .
Old January 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks Melinda and LP. It's my relaxation.

Old January 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Aslan,I remember seeing a mural in your home,if you were the artist,I have to apologize,it was beautiful
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:46 PM
-

no apology neccessary you had other fuzzy things to deal with. If you're talking about the dragons yup it's mine.
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:12 AM

Wow another excellent art piece 14+ Such a nice gesture

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old January 29th, 2009, 05:17 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Oh, what a stunning piece And that is definitely one of my Top 5 Hazel pics too

Very nice job and perfect definition of a "random act of kindness" 14+!!!!!
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:12 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks growler and diandpat! Giving is definitely better than getting in my eyes. Unless it's a gift from hubby.

Old January 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG, that's beautiful! And Chico, your plaque is gorgeous as well!

14+, you did an amazing job!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Jag and Gingers dad

14+ that parrot piece is amazing.like the rest i think you should sell them.set something up at home for low over head,say you make on of a cat sell for certain amout of $.and custom jobs like people sending you a picture of what they want costs a little more $
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Senior Contributor

Gerri, those are absolutley gorgeous!!!

I remember when I was little my dad got my brother and I a little wood-burning kit...then we left it on one day in his shop and we were never allowed in there again
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Ack! I've not been on much and I missed out on two whole days of looking at those gorgeous works of art.. and the cutest puppies on earth

Wow, Wow and more Wow!!!!

.... and now waiting to see what aslan and BenMax can cough up.....
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:29 AM
150% PRO S/N

Awww thanks guys.
I am storming my brain as to how/what/costs/etc for making money on this. The biggest issues are the cost of the wood, charging for different sizes, detail, etc. Lots to think about. You'd think having Marketing as my degree I would be able to figure it out faster.

Old January 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Senior Contributor

There are so many people who would love something like this. I've seen these kind of plaques sell for a lot of money. You could set yourself up with a little company and call it the Catty Inc. LOL. All the money you make from selling these you can use for the kitties out in the cattery.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
The Pack's Head Servant

I think that's an excellent idea, 14+! I'm sure you'd be able to find customers!!! I can think of eight portraits I want done, for example. Work up a price list...

Old January 30th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

I think you do stunning work and could be a hobby that pays well if you give it a shot.

Cindy
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hmmm maybe I could place an order for Christmas next year! 14+ absolutey gorgeous! I bet you could get lots of orders from here!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown