Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old February 9th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Senior Contributor

Awww,look at his poor little body,can't wait to see him all well,you were an absolutefor taking this little boy
Shenzi is a sweety and Zazu looks like a little tiger-cub in the glass
Old February 20th, 2009, 02:52 AM

finally!

Well, it's been awhile since I've been on, I have had computer problems. But I just wanted to let everyone know that Gizmo's last vet appointment was excellent! They took some blood and all his numbers are normal or close to normal. He still has a lot of mites, but the vet wasn't worried about that. He has an ear infection in both ears, so just more medicine for the poor guy! Oh but he is in such great spirits it doesn't seem to phase him anymore!!! He's made new friends with my parents' dogs and just loves to go out and about. We can't wait until the snow is gone so we can take him running!
Thank you all again and again for the support.
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Anon that's great news,all those sores in the pics look just terrible,so glad he is getting better,such a little cutie
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:07 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so happy to hear that Gizmo is feeling more himself Ugh on the ear infections, though. The Pack sends slobbery sympathy...they hate getting their ears treated.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM

It's been a while!

Well, I haven't been on here in a while. Just wanted everyone to know that Gizmo is a whole new dog. It's like he's been born again! He was neutered a few weeks ago, finally well enough for the surgery. Once the meds wore off, he was chasing the cat around the house, much to my dismay (we were supposed to keep him calm). There's just no keeping that guy down!! He's a bundle of energy and I'm not sure who he would torture if the cat wasn't here to distract him.

On our last visit, the vet did a skin scraping and found ZERO mites!! Our appointments have been changed to once a month, instead of every other week, and he's just had all his yealy shots. I think, he's a normal dog now!! Despite his scarring, his fur is back and he looks great! It's starting to warm up so he's going on walks with us and loves to go to his grandparents' house to play with their 4 dogs (2 chihuahuas and 2 poms). Then there is my niece's dog, who is closer to Gizmo's size. He has lots of playmates and loves them all. I think if he could talk he would shout (imagine the "Bacon!!" dog from the commercials) "I LOVE LIFE!"

Thank you to all for your support and I send positive thoughts to anyone out there fighting for the health of their pet. I'll paste a pic here for you as well.
Attached Images

Old April 30th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Anon,thank's for the update and the good news,he looks wonderful
Make sure the kitty has a safe place,away from this now healthy little sweety
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Gizmo looks great, Anon!!!! What a doll!!!! You're taking such good care of the little sweetie!

Thanks so much for the great update!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."