Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old November 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM

Lost - Orange and White Tabby Male - Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC

My daughters' cat has disappeared from our house in Vaudreuil. Neighborhood is Adelard-Godbout and Lomer-Gouin. Last seen Sept 29, 2008.
He is a chubby (Ok, Fat) male, orange cat named ELWAY.
He is 2 years old and looks like Garfield.
Neutered with a white belly and white feet - very friendly.
No collar.
If you've seen him or possibly know what happened to him, please contact us. Our daughters are heartbroken.
Attached Images

Last edited by tbleichert; November 7th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Can you add a picture?
I am from vaudreuil, I leave some food out at night for any stray cats. I will keep my eyes open.
But I would need a picture, I see many orange cats.
Good luck on your search!
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM

Thanks so much - I just figured out how to add a picture.

If you think you've seen him, please let me know.
Old November 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Thank you for the picture, he is so cute!
Have you tried to look for him late at night or early in the morning. I lost my cat for 2 weeks before I found him. Have you tried putting up posters, or adds in the newspaper? The local newspaper its free.
Where is Neighborhood is Adelard-Godbout and Lomer-Gouin??? I am not far from Briand & Ouiment.
If he is lost he might not be to far. Aslo you can try calling the dog catcher of vaudreuil. You can post a picture and if he has found any road kill also, if it fits the description he calls also. It happend to me but it wasn`t my cat. Thank God. Try going for a walks in your neighborhood when it starts to get dark or also leave some food out or something with your scent!
Old November 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM

Hi:

Thanks for the suggestions.

We've tried placing fliers on mailboxes, called the vets and the dogcatcher. I've tried looking for him evening and morning. So far, nothing.

Lomer-Gouin and Adelard-Godbout is on the Future Building side of Vaudreuil. It's off of Montee Cadieux. I used to live in your neighborhood and it's a bit of a distance away but, if you see an orange cat, please let me know. You never know how far a cat can wander.
Old November 6th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Senior Contributor

I LIVE ON HARWOOD near hudson vet, saw a orange kitty dead on the side of the road, im sure its to far away from where you live , ill go by tom and see if its still there, brenda and the pins, ps it was almost all orange.
Old November 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Contributor

First let me say that I hope you find your little guy. But I have to say this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbleichert View Post
dogcatcher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by We love pets View Post
the dog catcher !
Seriously?? I find this phrase degrading. Sorry but I have to respond to your term and feel you need to be educated.

Animal Control Officers (or some go by other names, such as Animal Services Officer, Animal Protection Officer, are not 'dogcatchers' and are rather insulted when called that. A form of ignorance, as well look at it.

Animal Control Officers hold alot of duties. We protect the public from animals, we protect ALL animals, we rescue sick/injured animals, work with Wildlife rehab centers in helping our wild animals. We rescue stray's and provide them with a safe temperory home, until they find their forever home. We work with other rescues, HS/SPCA. We educate the public on a varity of different animal related issues, this also includes wildlife issues. We do Humane Education in schools and teach children how to be kind to animals. We also deal with cruelty cases. We do animal bylaw. We quite often work with the Police, Children's AID, COnservation Officers, etc.

So please next time you see us, please respond to us in our title, (ACO, APO, ASO, etc) not the dogcatcher.

Here is a poem:

"I Am Your Animal Control Officer"

I am your Animal Control Officer. I am not the dreaded "dog-catcher" or the "murderer" you call me.

I'm not the one who allows your pets to breed, then dumps the unwanted puppies and kittens on roadsides and in the shelters. I'm the one who must find the tiny animals before they die of starvation, exposure or disease and, as an act of mercy, exterminate them.

It hurts me to be forced to kill hundreds of thousands of animals each year, but because of your irresponsibility, I have no choice.

I'm not the one who abandons unwanted animals on the farm roads, telling myself some friendly farmer will surely take them in and give them a good home. But I am the one who picks up the frightened animal who waits in vain for its beloved master, wondering why it has been abandoned. I am the one who must help that friendly farmer trap, tranquilize or kill that animal because it has begun to roam in packs with other abandoned hungry animals, killing livestock, fowl and game.
Don't you know all creatures have a survival instinct , we all will one way or another when our bellies are empty and our bodies are weak.

I am not the one who breeds and fights dogs in the name of "sport". But I'm the one who fights the breeders and participants, and must pick up the dead and dying animals that have been left behind.

So, remember the next time a stray dog bites your child, your trash is dumped and scattered, your pet is lost, stolen, poisoned or hit by a car, and it is the Animal Control Officer you cal not the "dog catcher".

The next time your pet is picked up, or you are cited for neglecting or abusing your pet,, remember that I am only trying to get you to fulfill your responsibility to your pet, your neighbor your community and your self.

Do not scorn me. Respect me, for I am the product of your irresponsibility.

I love animals, I care and that why, I am here.

I know you are a good person, but when someone calls refers to my fellow officers as 'dogcatcher', it gets my back up.

I can suggest leaving out Tuna or Salmon for your cat. Leave something that has your smell on it, and also something that has his smell on it. Talk to neighbours, look under decks, in sheds, call your local shelter. Don't just call. Go in and fill out a lost report and staple a picture of him to it. Go in every few days and look though their stray room(s) (our shelter has 4 rooms).

Good luck and keep us posted.

ACO22

Last edited by NoahGrey; November 8th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old November 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM

To AC022:

I'm very sorry if I offended you - my post was certainly not a personal attack on you or animal control officers. I know that you and those in your profession provide a valuable service. My comment was in response to a question posed by another helpful and sympathetic individual. I don't believe I have done anything to deserve the response that I received from you but I've obviously offended you so I do apologize.
Old November 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM

Hi ACO22,
I am so sorry but I did not mean to offend you in anyway.
People like you do great work and I applaude that.
But so many people use that term, its even written on our city website, they reference dog catcher.
Anyways once again I am sorry, I will be using animal control officer next time.

Continue the good work!!
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM

I have a few friends on that side of Vaudreuil. I will send out an e-mail and let you know if I hear anything!
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM

You guys are so awesome. Thank you so much.
Old November 10th, 2008, 09:04 AM

I agree to keep looking and posting pictures wherever you can.Also don't give up hope because I have seen many cats just appear at the door after being gone for a couple of weeks.My neighbours cat had never been outside and she went lost for 6 weeks then just appeared,skinnier,hungry but all purring and happy to be home.Good luck!
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:19 AM

I'm just bumping to make sure that people still notice my post.

Elway is still missing but we refuse to give up. If you've seen him, please let me know.