Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures > Pet free photography

Old October 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
A Deer at Loch Tulla, nr Glenco

My friend took this shot on our way home on Tuesday That deer was so tame!!

http://www.dejavuphoto.net/Photograp...r-08/rdeer.jpg

The Scottish mist was beginning to fall.
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:04 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh my, look at the antlers on that guy! Fantastic. I have always thought deer are one of the most beautiful animals we are blessed to have. Thanks for sharing.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 31st, 2008, 03:01 AM
-

WOW....you get really big deer over there.

Beautiful animal and great picture.
Old October 31st, 2008, 04:54 AM

Location: I am from Glasgow, Scotland, but now live on the West Coast of Scotland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Oh my, look at the antlers on that guy! Fantastic. I have always thought deer are one of the most beautiful animals we are blessed to have. Thanks for sharing.
Many thanks 14+kitties - they are beautiful and that one was very tame! I think the deer are so used to tourists - it never budged an inch!

Take care.
Old October 31st, 2008, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
WOW....you get really big deer over there.

Beautiful animal and great picture.

Many thanks Rainbow - the deer are big and beautiful and tame!!

Again, thank you
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:09 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Beautiful pic of the buck. I think Mr. Deer could feel he could trust you .

Jasper, male Ragdoll ?? (approx 10 yrs)
Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 7 yrs)

Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 31st, 2008, 07:56 AM

Aw thank you, Love4Himies It is the true Monarch of the Glen (we have a TV series over here called that and I bet it got its name from one of the stags!) He was such a friendly big beauty - I wanted to clap it but those antlers kind of put me off

Again, thank you.

Take care.
Old October 31st, 2008, 08:21 AM
Senior Contributor

How beautiful! It just makes me wonder how people can hunt such a majestic creature. They are breathtaking. One of our directors hunts them and always forwards me a picture ....just to be an a**.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:05 AM
Senior Contributor

WOW,he is HANDSOME....

And I LOVE the scenery.GORGEOUS
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
How beautiful! It just makes me wonder how people can hunt such a majestic creature. They are breathtaking. One of our directors hunts them and always forwards me a picture ....just to be an a**.
Many thanks BenMax for your lovely comments and I will pass them onto my friend as he is the one who takes the pics (Mine never come out very well at all)

I hate all hunting sports and I think it is about time that all of them were banned. It is against the law to have Fox hunting now but it still goes on behind the authorities backs!! I would love to put all the hunters in a field and hunt them and see how they like it!!

OK rant over
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona_b View Post
WOW,he is HANDSOME....

And I LOVE the scenery.GORGEOUS

He was so tame!! The tourists were taking loads of photos and I am sure he posed for each one of them!!

The scenery is breathtaking and those mountains are so big!!

Many thanks again for your lovely comments

Take care.
Old October 31st, 2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Many thanks BenMax for your lovely comments and I will pass them onto my friend as he is the one who takes the pics (Mine never come out very well at all)

I hate all hunting sports and I think it is about time that all of them were banned. It is against the law to have Fox hunting now but it still goes on behind the authorities backs!! I would love to put all the hunters in a field and hunt them and see how they like it!!

OK rant over
I hear you. And you can rant about this since it deserves attention. I actually went on a hunting expedition once since I was challenged that it was not what I thought it would be. In order to form an opinion, I always force myself to experince or see an event. Well I saw and was horrified (as I thought I may).
Old November 1st, 2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I hear you. And you can rant about this since it deserves attention. I actually went on a hunting expedition once since I was challenged that it was not what I thought it would be. In order to form an opinion, I always force myself to experince or see an event. Well I saw and was horrified (as I thought I may).
To see the wee fox with all those hounds and a lot of hunters on horseback running after it - I would love to take one of those hunters and make him run with a whole lot of foxes chasing him/her!! I live quite near where the "meets" used to take place - the "Master of the Hounds" in his red jacket and the hunters all on their horseback, taking a "nip" (glass of whisky) before they set off!! Makes me wonder if they sit on their brains!!

Same with deer stalking and killing. Some of the big estates breed them for hunting purposes too, I believe!! That's the landed gentry for you!!

Ah well, one day, it will all be banned!!

Take care and hope you have a lovely weekend!! We have sun again today!! That makes it a whole week of sunshine we have had on the West Coast of Scotland!! Change from the horrid wet summer we had!!