Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 19th, 2004, 11:18 AM

Could Lindy be part wolf?

Hi Everyone!
I was walking Lindy this morning (2hrs!!! Doesn't she ever wear out?!?!) and we were having a visit with a dog and his man (tee hee). The man asked if Lindy was part wolf. Could that be possible? I know I don't have a picture to show you, but surely the Humane Society wouldn't have let anyone adopt a dog with wolf in it would they? It was the Cochrane Humane Society, who are very used to rural dogs and they have an excellent reputation.
Just wondering.
Jane
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Some people think huskies are all wolves, I wouldn't worry about it
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:24 AM

My vet will probably know, we have an appointment next week for her last round of shots. So she could be shepherd/lab/husky and possibly border collie although looking at the border collie pics her coat does not have that ruff around the neck. Her tail is plume like so that is kinda husky. She is from the reserve so who knows what she is mixed with!?!?!?
I was wondering about the wolf part though. I have heard of dogs that are part wolf and that it is not a good thing, agressive, never quite tame, can't be trusted etc. Most rescue groups are no kill so there could be dogs out there that are part wolf?
J
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I know a guy that had 2 wolves when i was living in kentucky,they were os sweet,not that i would ever get one,but they were really nice....Still would never fully trust a wolf...And there eyes wow they were amazing
Old July 19th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Anything is possible, but Lindy being part wolf is not likely.

There are places that rescue wolfdogs, who never should have been born, but they are sanctuaries who do not adopt them out as these wolfdogs are not pets.
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:50 PM

If I had a penny for every "wolf" cross that I have met........
Really, I will second the husky or malmute theory, it is that breed or breed combo that make most people cry wolf
Michelle
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:42 PM

Fabulous!

Thanks, I didn't think so. I am pretty sure Cochrane Humane Society is pretty savy to those types of issues.
J
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja
Hi Everyone!
I was walking Lindy this morning (2hrs!!! Doesn't she ever wear out?!?!) and we were having a visit with a dog and his man (tee hee). The man asked if Lindy was part wolf. Could that be possible? I know I don't have a picture to show you, but surely the Humane Society wouldn't have let anyone adopt a dog with wolf in it would they? It was the Cochrane Humane Society, who are very used to rural dogs and they have an excellent reputation.
Just wondering.
Jane
It is possible, though unlikely... you mentioned she can from a reservation, native people have been known to breed wolf dogs in some areas. But like someone else mentioned some people see "wolf" in any dark long haired dog.

Actually my own father is convinced that his dog is part coyote because the people didn't know who breed there dog and they didn't know of any male dogs in the area... oh and she doesn't bark ... Dad's