Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old August 26th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Thumbs up Hi. I am in Boston, MA and new to the group.

I would like to say hello to all of you and let you know that I am glad I found this site. I am having a little problem getting used to how it works but, practice makes perfect. My initial reason for joining is for advice on introducing my 3-year old Shih Tzu to an 8 month old puppy (1/2 Japanese Chin and 1/2 Chihuahua) I am in the process of adopting from a shelter. I had a 17 yr old Chihuahua that passed away a few months ago and I think Kobe would well with a pal if he's not overwhelmed with jealousy. Thank you to all of you for any input. Kobemama
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

welcome! i'm actually in MA too.

has your 3 yr old dog met the potential new addition yet? have you done meet & greets at the shelter?
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the board Kobemama!

Some of the dog people should be around soon and can help you with that question. I think it's wonderful you are adopting a little friend for your Kobe.

We'd love to see pictures when you are able to post them. What was your little Chihuahua's name? 17 years! How lucky for you to have had him/her for so long.

Can you take Kobe to meet the new pup? I think some places allow that, just to see if the dogs can get along.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
border collie mama

Welcome to the baord!

For introducing two dogs, make sure it is on nerutal ground if at all possible. This will elminate the feeling that the dog has to gaurd its territory. Make sure it is done in a controled environment and that the people there are all calm and relaxed.

Its greating that you are looking in to adoption! we would love pictures when you can post them.
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome, Kobemama!

Sorry to hear about your recent loss

I hope the introductions go well! We'll definitely need pics!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

welcome to the forum and very sorry for the loss of your little one. It's wonderful that you are rescuing a little one as a friend for Kobe. I haven't really had a problem introducing a new fuzzbutt to the others, i recently brought a new addition home to my other two. They were a big grumbly and growely for a few days, but now the new little guy has two bestest buds. Just try to introduce them to each other calmly, and if possible on neutral territory. that things go smoothly.