Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old July 29th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Momma Kitty

Unhappy My Baby Is Pooping Blood

Hi there,

my youngest cat Tonka is 2yrs old and we have had him since he was 4 months old, ever since we got him his stools are very soft and always coated in blood plus when he is done & gets out of the litter box a glob the size of a quarter is on the floor from when he jumped out. I have had him into 2 vets, first vet said he was healthy, fine & had a slight heart murmur, the second vet said he had undigested food & other particles in his stools. Tonka is I swear part dog he eats anything he loves to chew on boxes, kids toys, rubber and alot more, I am just tired of having the runaround from a vet and I cant afford anymore money I have already forked out over $500 on him just for the vet to say he is healthy. They want to do an internal exam but I cannot afford that, that is alot of money. Within the last year his eyes have changed to be like almost cross-side looking, he does tricks, but does not listen at all lately, Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why 2 yrs later he is still doing it??
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Kitty pimp

I dont know what to tell you except any vet that would tell you blood in stool means a healthy cat is nuts
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Contributor

My first question is what does Tonka eat?

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old July 29th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Momma Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcatmom View Post
My first question is what does Tonka eat?

Tonka is on Nutrience Diet, as for other things he loves chewing on boxes, toy trucks, wood & thats all I can think of that I have seen him chew on
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKittyTo3 View Post
Tonka is on Nutrience Diet, as for other things he loves chewing on boxes, toy trucks, wood & thats all I can think of that I have seen him chew on
I'm willing to bet that the Nutrience is at least part of the problem, although his penchant for eating foreign objects may not be helping. If you check out my post to you here in your intro thread, there are some links you should read. Basically, dry food is the source of a whole host of problems for cats and the first thing I'd recommend is switching all of your kitties over to a good grain-free wet food. That should also help in the weight loss department. And here's one more link for good measure: http://www.catnutrition.org/index.php

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler