Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old May 25th, 2008, 06:26 PM
banned user

Dog left on side of the road to die! (WARNING - graphic pic)

My mom was called into work 4 nights ago at 3 in the morning because a dog had been hit by a car. And who ever hit it, had obviously gotten out of his car and kicked it to one side and left it their to die, He seems to be a black lab? He got 2 broken legs and is pretty beat up. He had many open wounds that had to be stitched up and im not even going to show you the pictures of his back and stomach they are so disguisting. Mom took him home with her today so she could moniter him closely because the only people that are staying in the animal hospital tonight do not have enough experiance to deal with this kind of case yet(and mom pretty much got a hospital set up in our basement lol .He had surgery thursday morning and he is in his crate at the moment. But i had to take a picture to show you guys. He's awake and is even moving around a bit(mom thinks hes a real fighter) It is so sad. i really wants to keep him! Hes so sweet even when hes beat up like this (BTW- i have named him Jazz)
Attached Images

Last edited by katherine93; May 25th, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG It's not bad enough to hit the dog, but to know you hit it and kick it off the road to die, unbelievable!!!

As much as it would be great for you to keep him and know that he's safe and in a great home... don't let that stop you from finding his owners, they might be someone just like you, looking for a lost friend

I know all the care and compassion you and your Mom have for animals will bring you good things You are both amazing!

and for Jazz and a happy ending to his story
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
banned user

Thank you! Mom has called all of the animal shelters and has put up posters to see if anyone is missing him.He didnt have a collar nor was he microchipped or tattoed so we are going to wait a month or 2 and then if he makes it (which i know he will! ) than we will decide if i will keep him or not! Hopefully casey will be home to befriend this new doggy soon!

*On the plus side, if he gets bored he can pick up radio stations with that big sattelite dish on his head! :P
Old May 25th, 2008, 06:47 PM

to you and your Mom for taking Jazz into your home for his recuperation! I pray that the who did this to this beautiful pup is caught. Hopefully he/she won't be able to sleep at night knowing that an innocent animal was tossed to the side of the road!

that Casey comes home soon to meet Jazz!!!

Don't let someone become a priority in your life when you are just an option in their life.
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Katherine Jazz is a beauty! thank dawg for Angels like you and your mom!! Does your Mom work for a vet? Casey is beautiful and I am sending good vibes your way for her to come home and meet Jazz!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
banned user

Thank you- My moms very close friend opened a veterinary clinic and my mom works for her along with 3 other vets and a few assistants, My mom is a vet also though, she just didnt open her own clinic.
Old May 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Senior Contributor

f. people make me sick thank god for good people like your mom good luck jazz brenda and the pins
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Senior Contributor

It's disgusting that someone would hit an animal and kick it to the side of the road like that to leave it to die a painful death. What would it have taken for that person to drive that poor animal to a vet and get it some care! The no doubt didn't want to be bothered with paying for the care of an animal they just hit.

Your mom is a wonderful person for bringing him home and nursing him to health. It sounds like he's getting some great one on one care. Please please keep us updated on Jazz's condition.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:11 PM
-

omg that poor / lucky dog , your mom is an !!!!
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:03 AM

:sad: porr Jazz

Tell your mom for taking him home & lookin' after this poor guy

lots of for Jazz get well soon!

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Vindication ~ For all those pets who became sick or lost their lives from tainted pet food
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

It sounds like you have an amazing loving family!!! you guys are for helping this sweet dog!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG,look at those eyes,that face
Your mom certainly deserves a great bigas do you,hopefully the way things sometimes seem to go,Casey will soon be back home
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:12 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, poor Jazz! You and your mom are s for this poor boy!

Is he in casts for his broken bones or did your mom pin them? I hope he's feeling better soon!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM
banned user

he doesnt have casts on but he does have bandages, So i guess that mneans they are pinned...i will ask her when i get home from school to make sure
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:48 AM

It might be nice to include a warning before posting graphic images like that one. I personally don't want to see photos of a beaten-up dog.
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:52 AM
banned user

Sorry dingo

:sad:Sorry Dingo, i didnt really think about that at the time, i will put a warning in the title. Really sorry! :sad:I guess i wasnt thinking at the time
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Senior Contributor

Katherine,I'm glad Jazz is in your care. Nice to know there are people who will stop at the edge of the road to see if the poor animal is still breathing. Jazz looks like he's got alot of spirit. What a beautiful face.
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:24 AM
~Cat Servent~

Cut, bruised and broken, but still a very lucky pup.... give your mom a big hug for me.... and that poor Jazz a get better soon kiss!

And I hope the monster that hit him and left him, gets treated the same some day! :sad:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old May 26th, 2008, 12:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherine93 View Post
:sad:Sorry Dingo, i didnt really think about that at the time, i will put a warning in the title. Really sorry! :sad:I guess i wasnt thinking at the time
It's ok Katherine , the rest of us are ok with this , we've seen lots worse !
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
It's ok Katherine , the rest of us are ok with this , we've seen lots worse !
I don't think it is ok. It's not that I'm squeamish, it's that I don't feel a need to look at images of a suffering animal, regardless of the relative degree of suffering.
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
I don't think it is ok. It's not that I'm squeamish, it's that I don't feel a need to look at images of a suffering animal, regardless of the relative degree of suffering.
Did you read the thread ? This dog was saved from death , by katherine93's mother , who are giving this dog the cares he needs.
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:08 PM

Which is fantastic. I just don't need to see a photo of its injuries. After all, I don't think people who come to these forums need to be convinced not to treat dogs this way.
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Dingo this is the reality of what some of us deal with regularily...Maybe the title should have been enough for you to not go any further...oh well lets hope Jazz pulls through this horrible ordeal!

The point here should be more about the sicko that left this poor pup on the side of the road to die!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Formerly known as Grover4

Awww, the poor puppy!! You guys are angels for saving his life. I hope he makes a fast recovery!!
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Dingo, I understand your feelings, but did you read the title of the thread? That alone should have given you a hint it wasn't going to be neither a pleasant read or viewing. I don't like seeing things like this either, but I readied myself knowing there may be an image. Not to mention, you can tell there's a picture slightly below the entry.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
-

OMG....how could anyone be so cruel.

Poor Jazz. :sad: Your mom is awesome for bringing him home .....he will recover so much better with you both there. I hope Casey comes home to help with his recovery too.
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Swift Tribe

either way something was said and Katherine was gracious enough to apologize and probably spent a good chunk of time trying to edit the nameof her post to only find out she cant (or tried, assumed it has when it didnt) but come on folks, she is only 15... cut her some slack. given the week or two she has had.... im sure most of this could have been taken care of in PM and politely.

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Uh, yeah, I read the title, obviously. But I didn't expect an image, and certainly not a graphic one. Why would I anticipate an image of a beaten up animal being placed in a thread on Pets.ca?
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Swift Tribe

im sure stranger things have happened.

-ashley

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
either way something was said and Katherine was gracious enough to apologize and probably spent a good chunk of time trying to edit the nameof her post to only find out she cant (or tried, assumed it has when it didnt) but come on folks, she is only 15... cut her some slack. given the week or two she has had.... im sure most of this could have been taken care of in PM and politely.
So now I'm being rude? The more this goes on the more incredulous I'm becoming.

Look, all I'm saying is that if people feel it's really necessary to post graphic images -- and I'm not convinced it is, myself -- then a warning would be appreciated.

Last edited by Dingo; May 26th, 2008 at 01:47 PM.